Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
lmao @ gold(saw your post before edit travis) in a week, you're funny

tyler will be lucky to go gold in a year, counting international sales
I think it's possible for it to gold in a year, not including international sales. The views off Yonkers alone continue to go up each week. A lot of people are still saying "who the fuck are Odd Future and Tyler the Creator?" so the word of mouth is spreading more and more. My homie who is mostly into rock that lives out in Philly linked Earl to my facebook wall like "this kid is dope you should check him out and his crew Odd Future" and I was like "fucker I linked you that same video last summer and you never said anything haha" He said he is hearing their name all over the east coast even amongst the rock community as his band tours so for a west coast group that's pretty fucking awesome to me. Not that they have your typical west coast sound or anything.

Anyways, right now it's anyone's guess really. I could throw out a number and feel like im both overshooting and undershooting at the same time because I really don't know how to call it with these guys. Regardless, it should be interesting to see what happens when GOBLIN does drop.

Sidenote - Fuck I want to hear that Hodgy and Domo song but I'm stuck at work. Totally new music or a jacked beat?

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I think it's possible for it to gold in a year, not including international sales. The views off Yonkers alone continue to go up each week. A lot of people are still saying "who the fuck are Odd Future and Tyler the Creator?" so the word of mouth is spreading more and more. My homie who is mostly into rock that lives out in Philly linked Earl to my facebook wall like "this kid is dope you should check him out and his crew Odd Future" and I was like "fucker I linked you that same video last summer and you never said anything haha" He said he is hearing their name all over the east coast even amongst the rock community as his band tours so for a west coast group that's pretty fucking awesome to me. Not that they have your typical west coast sound or anything.

Anyways, right now it's anyone's guess really. I could throw out a number and feel like im both overshooting and undershooting at the same time because I really don't know how to call it with these guys. Regardless, it should be interesting to see what happens when GOBLIN does drop.

Sidenote - Fuck I want to hear that Hodgy and Domo song but I'm stuck at work. Totally new music or a jacked beat?
Yeah they could easily prove me wrong and go gold domestically based off of just how diverse their fanbase is. Like you said earlier tho, does that count digital or just CDs and Vinyl units moved?

Were domo and hodgy trying to sound different? That barely sounds like domo, I thought it was vince staples at first.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
I don't expect goblin to sell much. you sell hiphop records by appealing to females, I really doubt tyler has much of a femal following. this is pretty much common sense, it's how pac sold so many. I bet the online/digital sales will be significantly higher than the cd sales too.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Domo Genesis & Hodgy Beats-"TangGolf"

http://hulkshare.com/mfzgh4bht9kt

domo went in
Damn that was pretty dope. I think Domo actually out spit Hodgy too.

Al, Domo sounded like Domo to me breh. At least voice wise, he did seem to change up his flow a little at least for this song but I don't really hear the Vince Staples comparison at all except maybe lyrically a little.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Damn I checked out their Tumblr and clicked on the link for the Domo/Hodgy song over the Liquid Swords beat and that shit is already at 13,500 downloads almost in a few hours. That's not including I'm sure plenty of re-ups to mediafire, hulkshare, etc because the file sharing host they use sucks lol.

I don't know about that whole punkrap thing lol. I mean I can see the punk aesthetic in their stuff (DIY, not giving a fuck, etc) and at their shows but overall, nahhhhh. It's black skater kids from LA making rap music at the end of the day still.

Feb 7, 2006
the thing is early hiphop shared alot of things in common with punk, that's partly why the downtown scene in NY (the punk kids) were the first white kids into hip hop

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i have this good book about punk rock an a entire chapter covers the similarities of underground hip hop to punk rock

i forgot the name of the book its in my bookshelf somewhere..i had a sticker on it that said "DO NOT TAKE" cuz i lived with a bunch of white boys lol

ill find it or remember the name soon