Oakland Raider vs SF Niners 8/22/09

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Employee pass for att park and candlestick, I can get thru all security areas and also get "employee meals" from any food stand

Dec 4, 2006
Im still trynna cop a ticket lol
still? damn....

i just plugged kayvee with a nice seating area lower reserved sec 26 (my area) 4 tickets for 69 bucks a pop...

I already got my tickets too...same area as kayvee......

big chreestina..you laggin on them tickets...

we're talking about getting there a couple of hours early..so we can Q up and drink...

Jul 6, 2008
they need to do a regular season game rivalry week, where that shit counts. you got local teams going all out

49ersvraiders
jetsvgiants
ramsvchiefs
tampavmiami
jagsvatlanta
redskinsvravens
dallasvhouston

Jan 12, 2006

As for Tuesday morning's joint practice with the 49ers ...

** Going through notes, trying to find something -- anything -- nice to say, and there's fullback Lorenzo Neal showing he can still take out a blitzer after 16 NFL seasons.

** Tight end Tony Stewart made two dynamic catches as he continues a strong camp.

Once considered a blocker with special teams skill, he is showing the hands to be a perfect complement to Zach Miller. The more Stewart does this, the more expendable sixth-round draft pick Brandon Myers becomes.

Myers' can make it as a special teams guy, too. In punt drills, he put two players on the ground.

** Otherwise, there was a lot of bad going on, especially in blocking drills.

49ers running back Frank Gore just blasted Raiders middle linebackers Ricky Brown and Kirk Morrison, per other reporters (I was watching the offense, but our 49ers writer told me all about it).

I did see Manny Lawson work Raiders left tackle Mario Henderson on consecutive plays, using a nasty inside spin on the second.

On one drill, 49ers end Justin Smith got his hands under Miller's pads and drove him like a blocking sled for a good 5 yards.

The Raiders running backs got beat to the ground by the Niners linebackers, with the exception of Neal and an occasional Justin Fargas. I kept looking for a positive sign. I'll keep looking.

It was that kind of day.

** Darrius Heyward-Bey dropped two passes early, but he's got nothing on Will Franklin, who was seen dropping four balls -- and that's just when I was paying attention.

DHB looked best on the last play of practice, when he ran down a Russell pass and got his feet inbounds with 14 seconds left in the 2-minute drill. That set up a winning field goal.

** Russell saved his worst decisions for plays that never would have happened.

Tapped for a sack, Russell threw anyway and had an interception dropped. Tagged again on a corner blitz, Russell promptly threw into double coverage and was intercepted.

** In a buried lead, the NFL confirmed they are looking into the Randy Hanson incident. Raiders coach Tom Cable said "nothing happened" when reporters kept asking Tuesday. This won't go away so easily.

** It's impossible to see everything at once in these joint practices with the Raiders offense/Niners defense on one field and the Raiders defense/Niners offense on the other.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?blogid=11&entry_id=45757#readmore#ixzz0Of9Lb4K0

Apr 25, 2002
Greatest. Practice. Ever.

Dre Bly, a 10-year veteran, and Nate Clements, an eight-year veteran, both called it the best practice that had been a part of. Ever. Defensive coordinator Greg Manusky said it was the kind of practice the 49ers could point back to once the regular season began. Hyperbole? Perhaps, but the 49ers defense certainly had the upper hand on the Raiders offense this morning and they definitely let their opponents know about it.

Clements said the swagger started when he heard fellow cornerback Shawntae Spencer standing up to Oakland receiver Louis Murphy, who was engaging in a bit of trash talking. Clements then got what was to be the first of his three interceptions on a tipped ball in seven-on-seven drills. The real fun, however, came during a red-zone drill orchestrated by quarterback JaMarcus Russell. Oakland began at the 49ers' 20-yard line. Russell's first pass, to Will Franklin, was picked off by Clements, who shot in front of the receiver to grab the ball. Two plays later, Russell threw behind the tight end and the ball was picked off by rookie linebacker Diyral Briggs. The 49ers defensive players grew a little rowdier with every interception. And it didn't end there.

When quarterback Bruce Gradkowski was given his chance in the red zone, his second pass attempt, to Louis Murphy, was intercepted by Bly. On the very next play, Clements got his third interception of the afternoon. He returned it past the Raiders dumbfounded offense, all the while shouting, "You can't compete with this!" It was one of those practices where only good things happen and they build off of one another. The best quote came from Bly, who said he chastised the 49ers quarterbacks for not "feeding" the defensive backs like the Raiders did this morning. "That felt good because they were feeding us," Bly said. "That buffet was good."

The defensive feat came without several regular starters. Patrick Willis took part in 7 on 7 drills, but he gave way to Jeff Ulbrich in team drills. Mark Roman was strong safety in place of Michael Lewis (concussion) while Parys Haralson was resting a strained foot ligament. The injury is not considered serious but Haralso rested today while Ahmad Brooks took his place.

It's going to be interesting to see how the Raiders respond at 4:20. There still haven't been any full-on fights over three sessions ...

-- Matt Barrows
Well, it looks like JaMarcus Russell is lookin good.

LOL

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
OMG! fucking owned during a joint practice! our season is over!!

obviously it's not good news...but I'm not gonna stress over it

when the Raiders won in the preseason game last year Niners fans were all hollering "it's just preseason" this wasn't even a fucking game and you guys are all getting your fuckin panties wet

The Raiders shitted on Dallas while you guys could barely beat the Donkeys even with Orton throwing 3 fuckin ints... so please kill all this fuckin noise until the regular season kicks off