No Faith In Strange Music

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
@ Slither, yeah no shit eh? I dunno how much longer Imma be here myself... this shit is just outta control and nobody is doin' anything about it.

And not to feed fuel to the fire, but wasn't there talk of a Vintage Tech Part II also? I thought I remeber Tech sayin' be on the look out for that... lol, Hence the word Vintage, prolly be hella Vintage by the time we get it. Not hating, just asking a question... does anybody else remember that? Or was I dreaming? If they do release a Vintage II, I wanna hear Big Bad Wolf on that drop... word.

Sep 19, 2003
www.geocities.com
@ Slither, yeah no shit eh? I dunno how much longer Imma be hear myself... this shit is just outta control and nobody is doin' anything about it.

And not to feed fuel to the fire, but wasn't there talk of a Vintage Tech Part II also? I thought I remeber Tech sayin' be on the look out for that... lol, Hence the word Vintage, prolly be hella Vintage by the time we get it. Not hating, just asking a question... does anybody else remember that? Or was I dreaming? If they do release a Vintage II, I wanna hear Big Bad Wolf on that drop... word.

Hell yeah, I need a clean re-mastered version of BBW for sure!

You know, I was thinking about this whole ordeal a lot while trying to fall asleep last night (when I do my best thinking...hahahahaha)... and the truth is, it must be hard as an artist to balance it all. Here's the thing. What's more important on a BUSINESS level? Spreading the word and doing what you enjoy doing the best (performing...and you fuckers know that there's NO performer like Tech N9ne) or going back to the studio and doing what you do best? That's a hard toss up. And you gotta respect the reason he went with touring. I'm sorry, but I'm one that LOVES the shows. I don't mind ONE bit hearing the same shit over and over. How many times did you fuckers see the SAME tour and have a KICKASS time each time? I remember knowing what song came next b/c I saw the SAME show two days earlier (when I was living in KC).

I don't know, I want some new shit too. I always want new shit. But I respect Tech on so many levels. I'm living the life of a struggling artist right now with my man's band and it isn't easy to get recognized. Tech is really an inspiration in the music business period. That alone deserves a little more respect than Ft9 and FTO... how childish can you get?

That is all...

Oct 16, 2006
From what I have read the Vintage Tech sequel was to be the Isms: The Missing Scriptures album but Tech stated that he didn't want to release old material.. so his focus redirected on Misery Loves Kompany and the next album Killer.

I hope it is released eventually.. instead of Big Bad Wolf.. I would much rather see Be Warned and Sometimes on the album in amongst other unreleased and unheard tracks..

Tech is really an inspiration in the music business period. That alone deserves a little more respect than Ft9 and FTO... how childish can you get?
Completely Agree..

ECF'NW.

Sep 17, 2003
First off, I think Strange has done wonderful business, considering the current music climate combined with them as an independent. They have a sweet deal right now and are content to sell what they sell. They do what they can, but unless Tech wants to completely sell out, he will probably never sell a million records or more. It's hard enough as a "mainstream" artist to do that.

Tech is what I think of as a good "crossover" between underground and mainstream. Most people know who Tech is and have heard music by him, but he's still not blasted all over MTV/BET, etc. To me, I know who Tech is, he's so much bigger since I first started to follow him; I didn't know if he would ever even see the level he's at now, but he has. I would like Tech to be huge, but Tech is his own person, and if he's happy doing it this way, then how can I be against that?

I will say, what I never quite understood, was the way Strange was signing all these cats like they were a major label. I hadn't ever seen anything quite like it. That told me right there that Travis O'Guin must have really deep pockets.

Nov 10, 2006
Unless anyone giving all this advice has owned and operated a successful label, what makes anyone think someone who actually does this for a living is going to listen to someone working a McJob?

I've got the McBusiness plan for you Strange. We can mcmake some mcmoney. You guys don't know what you are doing. Can I be a McModerator for you? I'm going to hate you if you don't mclick my mcass. You guys aint nothing if I didn't mcpost on your message board. Tech9 can I have 100 dollars? I love you Tech9. I hate you TEch9. Are you my friend Tech9? Screw you guys, I'm going to ruin you with my McWicked posts. Nobody will ever McBuy your music again because I am so Mcimportant. But maybe if you give me free tickets I will be a happy Mcfan again. Uh oh, Mcmom is coming.

McMom: what are you doing my child
McChild: Oh um yes, I am busy at the office mom running my business Strange Music.
Mchahahahahahhahahahahahahahah

Jan 17, 2007
From what I have read the Vintage Tech sequel was to be the Isms: The Missing Scriptures album but Tech stated that he didn't want to release old material.. so his focus redirected on Misery Loves Kompany and the next album Killer.

I hope it is released eventually.. instead of Big Bad Wolf.. I would much rather see Be Warned and Sometimes on the album in amongst other unreleased and unheard tracks..

ECF'NW.
he's trying to go mainstream man that what it is

he's selling out

Jan 4, 2005
i'm getting sick of all the newer people thinking strange music should jump when they say so. i have been on this since day 1 and i have seen this go to hell. tech can't even come on here and enjoy it anymore.

Jan 4, 2005
here we go agin with blaming the new people...
when in doubt blame the new people...
well, they come on here acting like strange music should be ran how they want it. i'm talking about the ones that have been short time fans of tech, thinking they know everything about him. these people know who they are. this place use to be peaceful. now its like a damn soap.

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
This shit is boring as hell. You really think that Tech likes making people wait so long? Or that he likes the fact that they didn't release a whole bunch of albums this year from Critical Bill, S&S, etc, etc, like he said they would be? Its just the way it goes. I'll be the first to say that its annoying as hell being told something is coming in a certain time frame and then seeing it pushed back to who-knows-what date, but I an only think that Strange are at least trying to do things the right way, even if its taking longer they we and they hoped.

Oct 10, 2004
www.myspace.com
well, they come on here acting like strange music should be ran how they want it. i'm talking about the ones that have been short time fans of tech, thinking they know everything about him. these people know who they are. this place use to be peaceful. now its like a damn soap.
when was it peaceful? 2003? wasnt no peace when i joined in 2004 only difference is used to be the kc cats that kept all the shit goin wit the newbs..lol

CyrusTheVirus

thats just my ghost
Oct 31, 2002
legendary
i'm getting sick of all the newer people thinking strange music should jump when they say so. i have been on this since day 1 and i have seen this go to hell. tech can't even come on here and enjoy it anymore.
word... it's been a minute

well... fuck travis o'guin

who cares, dont worry about it
shut up mitch

the problem stems from the kids who grew up on the no limit records put out a gazillion bullshit albums with photoshop trickery. where are they now?

fuck all the jabberjaw wanna be managers steering the ship... take that shit to the apprentice tryouts.

obviously strange is still doing it by looking at the forum hater count.
:confused: