Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2004
Looks like Dashon is going to the bucs.

Secondary doesn't need a major upgrade. What needs an upgrade is the depth at the line. Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, Ahmad Brooks and Aldon Smith having to play 90% of the snaps is way too much. They wore down towards the end of the year which really killed the pass rush. Fix the pass rush=fixes secondary.

Whitner definitely needs to either be replaced or get his shit straight. He is the weakest link the secondary and is constantly getting beat.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2006
BG you know i respect the shit out of your opinion, but Carlos Rogers cant see Harvin, Victor Cruz, Boldin on the field. Our secondary was suspect all season. We might have the best front 7 in the league and even with that out secondary couldn't cover worth a shit. The front 7 in my opinion is elite, now it's time for the secondary to get on that level.

Feb 12, 2004
I agree C Rogers took a step back, but Cully and Brown are very solid cornerbacks. Towards the end of the season and the playoffs the pass rush was non-existent so that didn't help. I honestly feel like Whitner, Goldson and Rogers were the weakest links in the secondary. Both safeties made a ton of mistakes in the playoffs. Cully got beat in the playoffs, but a lot of it was Boldin making plays and Whitner/Goldson making the wrong read/bad communication on some plays and putting themselves in the wrong place.

IMO the secondary wasn't the biggest issue during the season. We didn't have trouble with pass happy teams, but it was the physical, grinding teams like the Seahawks, Rams, etc that gave us problems. I am sure the Niners will draft depth at both the line and the secondary tho.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2006
The reason I like Woodson, Reed, and Revis is that they are great at pass coverage. That way Fangio can't let the defense pin their ears back and rush the QB. Revis is lockdown and woodson and Reed are great at roaming.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
Niners sign Chiefs free agent DT Glenn Dorsey! A TRUE big man that can help! Any KC fans have any input on him? I thought he was a freak coming out of LSU. Playing in a losing atmosphere in KC couldnt have gotten the best out of him... I like it! We need more though! Lets keep going!

Sep 15, 2009
Good riddance Goldson. Would've liked to have you back, but not for $41.25 mil/22 mil guaranteed. Enjoy getting burned by Brees and outrun by Newton

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
Jason La Canfora ‏ J @jason LaCanfora

Ravens safety Ed Reed is visiting the Texans tomorrow, flying in tonite. Possible meetings with 49ers and Colts to follow

Jul 5, 2009
Niners sign Chiefs free agent DT Glenn Dorsey! A TRUE big man that can help! Any KC fans have any input on him? I thought he was a freak coming out of LSU. Playing in a losing atmosphere in KC couldnt have gotten the best out of him... I like it! We need more though! Lets keep going!
I don't know what d-line scheme ya'll use but if he gets to shoot gaps like the scheme at LSU(and very unlike the scheme the Chiefs used)then he should be disruptive. The Chiefs made him gain weight but the Niners should let him get down to like 295+ so he can get that quickness back.