Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
I like the Colt pick up

Heard on the radio this morning, that we dont even have the money to sign 13 draft picks, so I wonder what the plan is.....
seriously, money is tight

colt might be a good look as far as a backup goes...he wasnt terrible with the browns but the browns are the browns so its easy to suck and look shitty...

harbaugh gave the thumbs upso he must see something that can be molded in to the "real McCoy"

Jan 12, 2006
Colty Mc Coy makes no sense to me because..

1. He's only signed for one year, so say Harbaugh turns the kids career around he will walk after this season for more money.

2. McCoy's salary is something like 2.5 million dollars, to put that in perspective he will be making more then Kaep will have made these past 2-3 seasons.

3. We moved back 6 spots in the draft to get McCoy when Harbaugh could've drafted a rookie QB late in the draft and payed him 1/4 of what McCoy is getting.

4. I'm comfortable with Tolzien as a back up and a rookie QB at 3rd string.

5. This is the most important reason. McCoy is straight garbage!

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005

1. He's only signed for one year, so say Harbaugh turns the kids career around he will walk after this season for more money.

2. McCoy's salary is something like 2.5 million dollars, to put that in perspective he will be making more then Kaep will have made these past 2-3 seasons.

3. We moved back 6 spots in the draft to get McCoy when Harbaugh could've drafted a rookie QB late in the draft and payed him 1/4 of what McCoy is getting.

1. if Harbs does it, then tags him, obviously other teams would believe it too and try to trade for him

2. or they extend him, and he takes minimum this year with more years tacked on

3. Harbs probably didnt see any quarterbacks with higher upside than colt mccoy

4. Maybe he thinks colt is better than tolzien

5. McCoy played for the browns lol. no quarterback would have succeeded there.

Props: IronLungs420
Dec 4, 2006
CB Nnamdi Asomugha is signing a 1-yr deal with 49ers worth $1.35 million in base salary, but get this: He didn't want ANY guaranteed money.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha

He prolly just wants him for one year to back up Kaep in case he gets hurt so they don't have the biggest turd on earth playing and fucking everything up if Kaep has to miss a couple games. I think your over analyzing it.

Sep 15, 2009
Woooooowwww what a fuckin deal!! Nnamdi wants a ring and wants to earn another contract. What a fuckin move. Superbowl or bust for sure.

ELPOLLITO @ELPOLLITO Mathieu is still a possibility. If Nnamdi plays well, we extend him and have him mentor another stud CB

Baalke and Niners front office don't fuck around. They put an offer on the table and say, "You have an opportunity to play for a winning team. Take it or leave it."

Dec 12, 2006
One thing I will say about McCoy, there are some just power house schools in college football who have loaded rosters and thus it inflates the value, talent, what have you of the QB

This especially holds true for USC & Miami, but Colt, surprisingly, is the only QB from the University of Texas on any roster in the NFL
NFL Players by College - T - National Football League - ESPN

V.Young is still in the crazy house i think