Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
Was on my way back from Tahoe when I read the news... hallelujah!

They should have traded his ass back in 2006....

Glad that headache is done and over with..

Sent from my SGH-T999

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Report: Chiefs giving up a 2013 second and change for Alex Smith | ProFootballTalk

Report: Chiefs giving up a 2013 second and change for Alex Smith

The Chiefs apparently have their quarterback now, but they paid a handsome price for him.

According to Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News, the 49ers will get a second-round pick this year and “a similar pick in the 2014 draft” in exchange for quarterback Alex Smith.

That’s a haul for the 49ers, who have more draft picks than will ever make their roster this year (which could put them in prime position to make a run at disgruntled Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis).

Paying that kind of price also speaks to the Chiefs figuring out a deal to extend Smith, since that kind of price for two years seems excessive.

Dec 12, 2006
The picks are awesome, great value for Alex

Alex showed up in the beginning of our rebuilding period and took a lot of crap from half ass fans who blame everything on the QB, instead of coaching, lack of talent, etc etc

Always appreciated Alex for keeping his head down, mouth shut, and going out n playin ball

CK7 inherits a team that is light years beyond what Alex had, excited for the future, but I will continue to speak favorably of Alex not just because of his attitude but because he outright won our first playoff game in over a decade with 2 drives for scores in the last minute

This beer is for you breh!

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2004
If the Niners do get Revis Goldson, Walker and Sopoaga are all gone. Also, potentially forces you to let Crabtree, Mike Iupati, Kendall hunter or Aldon get away in 2015. Not a good decision IMO.

Last edited:

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
If we are renting Revis for the remainder of his contract i dont see them problem. Its a WIN NOW scenario. if it costs us draft picks which we have 14-15 of this year what difference does it make? New stadium coming, new money.... We pay the lux tax and keep on pushing!

Mar 10, 2007
The picks are awesome, great value for Alex

Alex showed up in the beginning of our rebuilding period and took a lot of crap from half ass fans who blame everything on the QB, instead of coaching, lack of talent, etc etc

Always appreciated Alex for keeping his head down, mouth shut, and going out n playin ball

CK7 inherits a team that is light years beyond what Alex had, excited for the future, but I will continue to speak favorably of Alex not just because of his attitude but because he outright won our first playoff game in over a decade with 2 drives for scores in the last minute

This beer is for you breh!
This exactly. Everyone wants to blame Alex when his O-Line had fucking Kwame Harris and he had no receivers. We had retarded coaches and he never once blamed anyone else or the team. Class act and a true professional since day 1. Good luck in KC Alex.