Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 23, 2009
They cut M.Rob? I know he's never been much of a RB but I thought he was the Niners' special teams ace...wow I guess the young guys are really stepping up.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Cut Recap so far:

Brit Miller
Michael Robinson
Karl Paymah
Jason Hill
Bruce Davis
Jehuu Caulcrick
Tony Curtis
Joe Jon Finley
Kevin Jurovich
Khalif Mitchell
Cody Wallace

11 down... 11 more to go.

12:50 p.m. WR Kevin Jurovich has been released. He's a good practice-squad candidate.

12:45 p.m. Maiocco reports that Khalif Mitchell and Cody Wallace also will be released. Mitchell is a solid projection for the practice squad.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/09/cut-down-day-be.html#ixzz0yV3bEHAU

fixed

Oct 23, 2009
With Cody Wallace being cut, that leaves Wragge as the only backup Center...I wonder if that will mean Boone will be cut with the team carrying all those LB's. Sims is a solid OT, but he's getting older.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
good cuts, good cuts.

kept all the guys i hoped we would. nate davis and jarrett brown. kyle williams. and both the rookie corners that were on the verge.

edit: spoke too soon, 11 more cuts to go.

Oct 23, 2009
6-8 Weeks. Yeah I thought about the whole Guard/Center thing but I'm not sure how that will work with Alex taking a good amount of snaps from the shotgun.

Oct 29, 2007
The San Francisco 49ers announced Friday that they have released 22 players. The team’s roster now stands at 53.

Head coach Mike Singletary has a conference call scheduled at 3:40 pm PT to discuss the moves.

All NFL teams must trim their rosters to 53 players by 3:00 pm PT on Saturday, September 4.

The following players have been released:

K Shane Andrus

LB Mike Balogun

QB Jarrett Brown

FB Jehuu Caulcrick

TE Tony Curtis

LB Bruce Davis

G Brian de la Puente

TE Joe Jon Finley

WR Bobby Guillory

WR Jason Hill

WR Kevin Jurovich

T Matt Kopa

LB Keaton Kristick

S Chris Maragos

FB Brit Miller

DT Khalif Mitchell

CB Karl Paymah

RB Michael Robinson

DT Will Tukuafu

DT Derek Walker

C Cody Wallace

LB Matt Wilhelm

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Updates at 2:15pm:

The 49ers have just released their full list of players cut:

K Shane Andrus, LB Mike Balogun, QB Jarrett Brown, FB Jehuu Caulcrick, TE Tony Curtis
LB Bruce Davis, G Brian de la Puente, TE Joe Jon Finley, WR Bobby Guillory, WR Jason Hill
WR Kevin Jurovich, T Matt Kopa, LB Keaton Kristick, S Chris Maragos. FB Brit Miller, DT Khalif Mitchell, CB Karl Paymah, RB Michael Robinson, DT Will Tukuafu, DT Derek Walker, C Cody Wallace, LB Matt Wilhelm.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
good cuts, good cuts.

kept all the guys i hoped we would. nate davis and jarrett brown. kyle williams. and both the rookie corners that were on the verge.

edit: spoke too soon, 11 more cuts to go.
ended up being pretty true except for jarrett brown. but i knew it wasnt likely and didnt make much sense to keep 4 qb's unless he could play other positions.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
SING coulda been doing 2 things with his criticism of Nate.

1. trying to motivate Nate

and

2. not trying to shit on Alex and Carr

Nov 14, 2004
DAMN i liked mike rob, kinda shocked they cut him.
im surprised sing kept davis after all the talk of lack of preparation, i hope he gets it together, i really dont like the way carr throws, but if they change O.C or playbook in the future davis is gonna be fucked