Nicholas Cage...another WTF?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 30, 2007
Leaving Las Vegas (won an Oscar),Moonstruck,Raising Arizona,Adaptation,8mm (considered a cult classic)

Now...Sorcerers Apprentice,Face Off (not bad mostly cuz of Jon Woo),Knowing,Con Air the fucking list goes on of corny ass movies he's made in the last 10 years.

Sellout for the cash or just fell the fuck off? Sean Penn gave him his break in a small role in Fast Times At Ridgemont High and said that dude sold the fuck out once he made The Rock...thoughts???

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i liked con air and face/off

but i see what you mean, dude hasnt hit gold at all lately...him and keenu reeves with there monotone acting

May 2, 2002
I also liked con air and faceoff.. Lord of war (one of his last good movies) is a bad ass movie to check out

The national treaures are weak but are watchable

Was kinda like WTF on sourcer's apprentice but havnt watched it.

I know dude went on a MAJOR buying spree which forced him into doing these BS movies for the cash.

Jan 30, 2007
I also liked con air and faceoff.. Lord of war (one of his last good movies) is a bad ass movie to check out

The national treaures are weak but are watchable

Was kinda like WTF on sourcer's apprentice but havnt watched it.

I know dude went on a MAJOR buying spree which forced him into doing these BS movies for the cash.
Lord Of War,wasn't John Cusack in that also???

Apr 2, 2010
Although the movies he stars in suck now you gotta love that random humor in them. From knocking bitches out in a bear suit to yelling at someone on fire in Knowing like they did something wrong..

I hope these roles never stop, it has me dying everytime.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
I liked knowing
But I think he just trying to cash out and live fat in his castle bro. A lot of these actors don't care about the art or their craft they just tryin to make ends meet and not live a ho drum life like the rest of us lol so if that means making a national treasure type movie then so be it. But cage is hit or miss. Keanu imo has no acting skills whatsoever.

Jan 30, 2007
No, he wasn't.

I dont like Cage, but you just named off all his crappy movies. Yet failed to talk about Lord of War, Adaptation, and Matchstick Men. How convenient.
If you read my first post I mentioned Adaptation, also I didn't name just his movies I feel were weak I also noted movies he won an Oscar for and were considered a cult movie...I'm not being biased or being convenient.

Apr 2, 2010
I'll catch hate for this (well really add to it :cheeky:) but I thought this movie was decent. The directing was actually superb, they used great angles and techniques for capturing the scenes; action and storyline. The storyline was so so, a notch above most action films.

The main problem I hear is that Nicolas Cage wasn't good for the role at all and thats fair enough, it didn't bother me enough to turn it off and I thought he played a likable and believable character.

Give it about a 6-7

Also, I co-sign the fuck out of Lord of War & Matchstick Men. Weather man was interesting to watch.

Jan 30, 2007
I'll catch hate for this (well really add to it :cheeky:) but I thought this movie was decent. The directing was actually superb, they used great angles and techniques for capturing the scenes; action and storyline. The storyline was so so, a notch above most action films.

The main problem I hear is that Nicolas Cage wasn't good for the role at all and thats fair enough, it didn't bother me enough to turn it off and I thought he played a likable and believable character.

Give it about a 6-7

Also, I co-sign the fuck out of Lord of War & Matchstick Men. Weather man was interesting to watch.
No hate over here pimp, that's why I made the thread to get different opinions...