next generation of hyphy

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 7, 2004
I think cats not letting go of the the 90's rap cats is killing the bay. Cats that came on the scene in the 90's that still making noise today is cause they changed with time and still sounding good. These other cats yall naming music died in the 90's. Don't get me wrong I listen to to cats from 90's but the music I knock is from the 90's. It's 2000 and something time to support some new shit man.

For the record im not feeling these cats song but they young meaning they will grow and get better with time if they stay at it. If they hungry for it they will get it

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
everyone got to remember some of these kats didnt grow up around this era of the classic bay stuff!!! they grew up on this or what not so you gota understand thats what they know and see!!!

Apr 18, 2007
any suggestions on how they can improve in your eyes or should they just go kill themselves?
if you wanted my asshole answer.....haha..
but naw, honestly i would suggest they all make sure they are doing good in high school (if they still that young), so they can get to college, if they already old enough i suggest they all enroll in a college and take at least these 3 classes: business accounting, music production/theory, and marketing 101. they should all also at least have or get a part time job for minimum of 20 hours a week so they have a steady income and can stack and spend less time fucking around. during this time they should BUY from a local independent hip hop store a minimum of 1 cd a week, but NOTHING that came out after 2000. then with the money they saved and after a semester of taking those classes, they should rethink about what they wanna do with their future and if they are really ready to pursue a rap career. if they are, they should all fade up and buy a beat from an established producer (200-400$) with a good home studio that is willing to actually engineer and help PRODUCE the entire song and help them with their writing and delivery. then when the song is done and they are able to analyze it together, they should get together in a group meeting and decide if they are all ready to SPEND tens of thousands of dollars on a DREAM of becoming self sufficient of off rapping, or if they just want to continue it as a hobby and not dump alot of money into it as a business, they can do that.

Jun 3, 2006
I think cats not letting go of the the 90's rap cats is killing the bay. Cats that came on the scene in the 90's that still making noise today is cause they changed with time and still sounding good. These other cats yall naming music died in the 90's. Don't get me wrong I listen to to cats from 90's but the music I knock is from the 90's. It's 2000 and something time to support some new shit man.

For the record im not feeling these cats song but they young meaning they will grow and get better with time if they stay at it. If they hungry for it they will get it
i do not like this post

Nov 7, 2005
if you wanted my asshole answer.....haha..
but naw, honestly i would suggest they all make sure they are doing good in high school (if they still that young), so they can get to college, if they already old enough i suggest they all enroll in a college and take at least these 3 classes: business accounting, music production/theory, and marketing 101. they should all also at least have or get a part time job for minimum of 20 hours a week so they have a steady income and can stack and spend less time fucking around. during this time they should BUY from a local independent hip hop store a minimum of 1 cd a week, but NOTHING that came out after 2000. then with the money they saved and after a semester of taking those classes, they should rethink about what they wanna do with their future and if they are really ready to pursue a rap career. if they are, they should all fade up and buy a beat from an established producer (200-400$) with a good home studio that is willing to actually engineer and help PRODUCE the entire song and help them with their writing and delivery. then when the song is done and they are able to analyze it together, they should get together in a group meeting and decide if they are all ready to SPEND tens of thousands of dollars on a DREAM of becoming self sufficient of off rapping, or if they just want to continue it as a hobby and not dump alot of money into it as a business, they can do that.
thank you. they actually wanted this posted up for feedback, i warned them that siccness can get brutal, but sometimes truth can be brutal

Nov 7, 2005
Not feeling it...
These guys ain't bad.. but they need to work on their lyrics... and production quality, they need to be unique to stand out from the masses.... invent some terms, slang, etc.... don't copy someone.. because when I listen I picture Mistah F.A.B. and don't take this serious..
i will pass this on to them

Apr 7, 2004
i do not like this post
Ok but it's the truth. The industry is not going to sign all these mid 30's late 30's dame near 40's rap cats from hear for real its not going to happen. E-40 is still on cause e-40 music still appeals to the younger crowd. These young cats hear got a minute but theres other artist out there doing good music. Let me see J stalin,big rich,evenodds,jacka,baily,beeda weeda,eddie p, and so on but im sure you get what im saying

Dec 19, 2005
people still "go" in 08?

fail.

i fucks with the trunk boiz but da trendsettaz are weak to me. there's alotta young groups that are alot better than them. no hate though...i hope they do well. i support all the young cats doin it out here.

Nov 7, 2005
people still "go" in 08?

fail.

i fucks with the trunk boiz but da trendsettaz are weak to me. there's alotta young groups that are alot better than them. no hate though...i hope they do well. i support all the young cats doin it out here.
why do you think one is better than the other? they both on the same level to me. nobody outshined anyone on this track or do you know the trunk boiz personally and have a biased opinion?

Dec 19, 2005
im just saying i like the trunk boiz more.

and no i don't know them so i'm not biased. if anything i would be biased toward da trendsettaz because some of my patnas is coo wit them.