New Mac Minister interview --- talks about E-40 and his case

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 5, 2005
Mac Minister Is The Minister of Defense (Exclusive Interview)
August 25, 2006 by nando

In this exclusive first ever online interview, the Minister of Defense, tells all involving his infamous fued with E-40 and the events surrounding that, as well as his recent shots toward him on the new album (see Mac Minister To Deliver His Biggest Sermon Of All On Sept. 26th). The Mac also shares his feelings going into his trial on September 11th and discusses his new album "Minister of Defense" which drops on September 26th through SMC Recordings.

First off check out these new snippets from Mac Ministers album:

Mac Minister - Fuck The Law (Snippet)

Mac Minister - Trill Man ft. Mac Dre (Snippet)

Mac Minister - Yall Ready ft. Too Short (Snippet)

Mac Minister Interview

West Coast Rydaz: How did you start doing your infamous sermons?

Mac Minister: I used to do stand up comedy. That was really my first love. I been through alot so I was on some street shit at the comedy club. Then it was like, some rappers felt like I needed to be on some rap phenomenon and the first real rap album I got on was E-40's "Hall of Game" where I addressed the Mac Ten Commandments.

West Coast Rydaz: How did you come up with those ten commandments?

Mac Minister: Really I just did some brainstorming, some mental gymnastics. That's what came with it.

West Coast Rydaz: Which sermon would you say stands out most, which one do people approach you about and remember?

Mac Minister: The one I talked for Snoop on the People's Court beat. That was The Last Meal, number 11.

West Coast Rydaz: So talk about the Minister of Defense album. What was the whole recording process and experience like?

Mac Minister: I did some stuff at the Doggfather studio, I got some tracks from LT Hutton. Then I got at my boy Davey D Cohn. I really did most of it at Davey D's spot. That was really it.

West Coast Rydaz: So who do you have on the album?

Mac Minister: I got a little bit of everybody. I got the Doggfather (Snoop). I got Too Short, B-Legit. I got a song with Mac Dre on there. It's pretty good.

West Coast Rydaz: Who handled the production on Minister of Defense?

Mac Minister: Davey D. Cohn did most of it but LT Hutton did some stuff.

West Coast Rydaz: Was this your first attempt at rapping or have you been doing it at all in the past?

Mac Minister: I been rapping, it's nothing for me to rap. It's like now how we rapping. It's gonna be certain things that's gonna be said that connects the dots and you gonna say 'oh he trying to rhyme it a little bit.' But that's just conversation of mine. Rap ain't nothing but conversation. And we know conversation rules the nation.

West Coast Rydaz: How did the deal with SMC come about and will you continue to work with them in the future?

Mac Minister: Yes indeed I will! San Quinn is a good close family member of mine and I really love San Quinn. He had went over there and did some stuff with them so he was just letting me know. They good people, they handle they business. They real solid. So he introduced me to Will and Ralph and everything else went into it's proper perspective.

West Coast Rydaz: Is this the last Mac Minister album we'll be hearing?

Mac Minister: Oh no!

West Coast Rydaz: You were doing some stuff for Cash Money at one time. How did you end up working with them?

Mac Minister: The way I met them is really B-Legit. He was the main source behind me meeting Cash Money. It was alot stuff that was going on back in the day, like 1998. B-Legit came and picked up one day and took me to LA. When he took me there I didn't know where the fuck he was taking me but he had took me to some folks and they had this mansion. I really didn't wanna be over there. B-Legit was like 'man just be cool it's some people that wanna meet you.' I stayed in the mansion and all of a sudden Cash Money came up there. Then I ran up in there and Baby came up to me and said 'say whoadie I like what you been doing. I'd like to get you on some of these albums, I'd like you to tour with us.' Then the rest is history. I just started riding on the bus with them touring, and I was on Turk's album and everything was good.

West Coast Rydaz: What's the situation with E40...it's been 6 years since the incident. Have things always been sour or did something happen after that made you speak out?

Mac Minister: Well I really haven't been fucking with him. When they jumped me nobody wanted to stand up and give me a fair fight. I wasn't really respecting none of that as a man. If you can come together as a group and jump me you should be able to see me one on one as a man! Follow what I'm sayin.

West Coast Rydaz: Have you and E-40 had contact since?

Mac Minister: Nope, we haven't. So of course I'm still hot. That's why I don't understand this other shit they trying to trump me up on now cause everybody know them niggas is from Vallejo and if you know the history, you know that we don't get along like that. So it's kind of silly for them to be fucking with me like they doing right now. See they don't know that though, they stupid. If they knew, they wouldn't be trying to put me in cahoots like that you follow me? They already know! But since they don't, it's alot of stuff in my papers I'm finna smash this case because they stupid! They should've done they research and they would've known that I don't even fuck with niggas like that. It's real.

West Coast Rydaz: People have this perception of you from stories, but we never quite heard your side of things. I've read things about you supposedly showing up at E-40's parties uninvited...

Mac Minister: And that's sucka shit! That's why I dont respect him and that's why we not eye to eye and can never be friends like that. Until the nigga step up like a man and give me a fair one. He said alot of lies. Nigga I wasn't showing up to your parties! Me and his birthday is the same day. What it was, he would invite me to the party, and really not give me my true honor! People would be at the party and once I start talkin they'd be like 'oh that's dude on the album!' Then they'd come over to me and get to talkin to me because they recognize my voice and the dialogue that's coming out my mouth. Then they go 'oh that's that nigga that was talkin that shit on them albums!' You know the voice is distinct! People could just hear me talking somewhere and go 'you da Mac right?' So that's bottom line how it go. And about me snatching his chain and all that, that was all ficticious phony bullshit! I wasn't respecting none of that! Nigga you ran straight to the magazines and started lying like that. Tell them the truth, you been sponging Mac Minister for the game, and Mac Minister wanted his residuals for the dialogue you was running with and it didn't go like you planned it to be!

West Coast Rydaz: Your trial is coming up on September 11th. What a day too. What are your feelings going into it?

Mac Minister: I'm mentally stable and I'm physically able. There's nothing above my head or below my feet that I can't handle. God put me in the midst of this, I'm in God's care. I know with God being on my side like that, Allah gon' walk me through this. It's nothing. They have no solid ground to stand on, it's trumped up charges. I'm innocent! I'm not even really- I been praying, I been fasting. I got a good lawyer Stuart Hanlon. It's official!

West Coast Rydaz: So what's the word with Jason Corleone, I read a report where he supposedly confessed to the murders.

Mac Minister: Don't believe that man. People write what they wanna write . That's just propoganda they use to make it seem like they doing something. That's why sometimes it ain't even good to talk to the press or the media. Especially that media, not the entertainment media. Even in the entertainment media they gonna twist up your words and not quote everything that's right. That's why the lawyer was like don't even speak on your case or answer no questions because this is the type of shit that they do. Just like that!

West Coast Rydaz: What was your relationship with Mac Dre like?

Mac Minister: You know, see me and him never really had a relationship. I done seen him a few places. He from Vallejo, so he really wasn't my cup of tea like that. I loved what he was doing, talent was talent and you gotta acknowledge that. You gotta acknowledge somebody that's really got the ability to address the public in the manner that he addressed the public. But as far as the personal relationship, we never had none of that. I didn't go to his funeral. I wasn't present there. When you put stuff in the media and they see it in the news tend to believe it until the facts come out. Just like they say 'you a rapist.' You gonna have to prove that shit if they put you all on the news talkin about you a rapist! That's just how it go man. They use the media to convict, they use it to stress you, to have you pressured. Pressure bust a pipe and make water rush up a hill!

West Coast Rydaz: You hosted the Bay Area Rap Scene awards last year, replacing Mike Epps. You did good as the host, I was there. How did you get approached to do that and what did you think about the event?

Mac Minister: You know what I'mma tell you. They was about to ride on the place and tear the place up! You know how the bay area get, they get a lil naughty. It was a bunch of Oakland, Richmond, the whole Bay Area was in the house! The dude that was throwing it came to me to ask them to sit down cause they love me in the rap community. It started from there, him approaching me to have them sit down. Then he was like 'man why don't you just host it, they listening to you!' Then I went in to what my first love is, comedy!

West Coast Rydaz: I noticed it came natural to you too. And you had to ask them to sit down and get off the stage every 5 minutes.

Mac Minister: Yeah then you was present! That was God. That was God's plan for that to happen like that. I didn't plan to host the event, I was waiting on another comedian, that was all in Allah's plan for me to do that. God is the best planner. You could do certain things and it just ain't for you to do. He gonna make it happen.

West Coast Rydaz: Your from Fillmore, San Francisco. Who do you feel is the future, out of the rappers from that area?

Mac Minister: Trev G is one of the best! One of the best I ever heard in my life. San Quinn, Messy Marv, you got this young cat named Boo. Then they got this new cat, yall better watch out cause it's a Hurricane Katrina victim that came up in there -- Lil David! He's really the business.

West Coast Rydaz: Have you worked with them?

Mac Minister: Yeah, alot of them is on the album.

West Coast Rydaz: Any last words to end the interview off with?

Mac Minister: I just want everybody to know that I'm innocent. God gonna bless me and I'll be alright! Yall gonna see me again, sooner than later.

Talk About This Article On The Forums

© West Coast Rydaz, Inc. Designed by West Coast Rydaz M

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
thats what i was thinking....but, well, i guess the rule of the streets is dont say shit to incriminate you....

Mac Minister: You know, see me and him never really had a relationship. I done seen him a few places. He from Vallejo, so he really wasn't my cup of tea like that. I loved what he was doing, talent was talent and you gotta acknowledge that. You gotta acknowledge somebody that's really got the ability to address the public in the manner that he addressed the public. But as far as the personal relationship, we never had none of that. I didn't go to his funeral. I wasn't present there. When you put stuff in the media and they see it in the news tend to believe it until the facts come out. Just like they say 'you a rapist.' You gonna have to prove that shit if they put you all on the news talkin about you a rapist! That's just how it go man. They use the media to convict, they use it to stress you, to have you pressured. Pressure bust a pipe and make water rush up a hill!

that threw me off

man, on the real tip, the shit we dont know is for the better....im a lil drunk so ima try an refraine myself from another drunk rant....

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
3xLaZY said:
^^drunk rants is what u do best homie...dont hold back.
damn what a long night....im sober now....shit got crazy....had a cool date than ran into my ex an she fucked it off....crazy beezy

lemme get some beer in me an ill get these fingers an a couple brain cells workin

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
ambassador500 said:
this paragraph right here should shut you hyphy teenage faggots up, talkin that "Mac Minister rode for Mac Dre when he killed Fat Tone yadadaiimean!" homotextual ass queer cake batter ass muthafuckas

::

May 9, 2006
he's from fillmore san francisco.

for real ppl...like minister is actually gonna say what really went down....you gotta realize theres some shit none of us will Never know, unless you directly involved