New info on Game's new album LAX

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 19, 2005
sounds pretty dope

June 16, 2008 7:00 AM EDT

SANTA MONICA, Calif., June 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Platinum-selling rapper and West Coast champion The Game is set to release his third major-label album LAX on July 22nd on Geffen Records. The first single "Game's Pain" featuring Keyshia Cole has already stormed the charts; the video directed by Rage reached #1 on BET's 106 & Park countdown. "Game's Pain" is the artist at his observant, insightful best: surveying hip-hop's landscape from his lyrical peak. Keyshia Cole's uplifting vocals soar over production fire from Knobody and Dahoud.

The Game returns to the cracked pavement, the album's street single, "Dope Boys," with Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker showing off his own trap work on the track. The song is produced by rising L.A. stars 1500 or Nothin'. An accompanying video is in the works.

Elsewhere, LAX shows off The Game's best talents. Lil' Wayne checks in on "My Life," produced by Cool & Dre. Chicago stands up on "Angel" with Kanye West at the helm and Common on the mic. Meanwhile, Ne-Yo blesses a pair of songs: "Camera Phone" also from Cool & Dre, as well as J.R. Rotem's "A Thug and a Gentleman." Scott Storch cooks up two summer sizzlers: "Let Us Live" featuring Chrissette Michelle and "Put Ya Hands Up" with Busta Rhymes.

Hip-hop greats Ice Cube -- "State of Emergency" by J.R.Rotem -- and Raekwon -- Jellyroll's "Bulletproof Diaries" -- likewise weigh in. R&B is equally well represented: Bilal on "Cali Sunshine," produced by Nottz, and Raheem DeVaughn on "Touchdown." Nottz also lays the licks for loudmouth Ludacris on the appropriately titled "Ya Heard." Other songs of note include "Nice" by Irv Gotti, "House of Pain" by anthemic Atlantan DJ Toomp, and "Letter to the King" produced by Hi-Tek.

Quite a mouthful. But that's the Game's specialty: giving the audience more than it can possibly handle. Come July 22, LAX is set to raise the bar. Again. The Game is most definitely on.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+Releases/The+Game+Drops+New+Album+LAX+July+22/3744227.html

Nov 19, 2005
IS THIS GONNA BE HES LAST ALBUM?
he says so but i doubt it he already said some shit in an interview about a 4th album

here it is

Since the release of his second studio album, “The Doctor’s Advocate,” controversial rapper The Game has insisted that he will retire following the release of his forthcoming third album, “L.A.X.,” which is set for release on July 22.

The Game

However, in an interview today with DJBooth.net, The Game revealed that he has both a concept and a vision in place for a possible fourth album.

“If the idea that I have comes together, I will consider doing a fourth album,” said the Los Angeles native. “If I can’t get into the studio with the people I want to, and make it happen how I want to, only then I wouldn’t consider it.”

When asked about which collaborators he was referring to and what “idea” he had in place for a fourth project, The Game offered the following explanation.

“My next album was supposed to be this album. But when I started recording [“L.A.X.”] it turned left on me. The next project will be called the D.O.C. or “Diary of Compton.” It will have ten tracks on it, non-listed, no names— just chapters 1 through 10. If I get Dr. Dre, MC Ren, King Tee, DJ Yella, Ice Cube and DJ Quik to help me, not necessarily to rap on it, but to produce and be in my corner, then the D.O.C. will hit stores!”

Streaming audio and a transcribed version of the full interview between host Brian “Z” Zisook and The Game will be available at DJBooth.net beginning tomorrow.

http://www.djbooth.net/index/news/entry ... r-0611081/

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
“My next album was supposed to be this album. But when I started recording [“L.A.X.”] it turned left on me. The next project will be called the D.O.C. or “Diary of Compton.” It will have ten tracks on it, non-listed, no names— just chapters 1 through 10. If I get Dr. Dre, MC Ren, King Tee, DJ Yella, Ice Cube and DJ Quik to help me, not necessarily to rap on it, but to produce and be in my corner, then the D.O.C. will hit stores!”

how u gone name all them names.... have an album called D.O.C. & not also mention The D.O.C.?

haha, I was thinking the same damn thing. it's actually pretty insulting, I wonder if game gots beef with D.O.C. now.

GAME ON RAP CITY

ANYBODY BEEN WATCHIN IT, HE TALKED ABOUT WHY HE FEEL LIKE HE WANNA RETIRE AND DAMN I GOTTA LOT OF RESPECT AFTER WHAT HE SAID. I THOUGHT HE USED TO SAY SHIT TO JUST SAY SHIT BUT THAT WAS SUM DEEP SHIT HE SAID 2DAY, IF HE DO RETIRE I CAN RESPECT IT
HERE IS THE LINK TO SEE IT
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhTtkt21HzuKo5W2kw

Nov 19, 2005