New E-40 "Choices" (YUP) off Sharp on all 4 corners!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 23, 2006
WHY DO SO MANY PPL SAY WEST COAST ARTISTS ARE BEING INFLUENCED BY THE SOUTH INSTEAD OF LOOKING AT IT LIKE THEY ARE TRYING 2 TAP INTO DIFFERENT MARKETS BECUZ THATS THE BEST WAY 2 SELL MUSIC NOWDAYS?? I THINK 40 HAS ALWAYS DONE A GOOD JOB OF MAKING MUSIC THAT APPEALS 2 MORE THAN WEST COAST FANS BECUZ HONESTLY ITS THE BEST WAY 2 STAY LUCRATIVE IN THE BUSINESS. AND IF U ASK ME THE SOUTH STYLE WAS VERY WEST COAST INFLUENCED ANYWAY AS FAR AS THE PRODUCTION IS CONCERNED. I THINK ITS TIME PPL JUST LET ARTISTS BE WHO THEY ARE AND START APPRECIATIN THE MUSIC AGAIN....CUZ WITHOUT MUSIC WHO WOULD YOU BE AND HOW DEPRESSING WOULD YOUR LIFE BECOME?? I SALUTE 40 CUZ I WAS KNOCCIN MR.FLAMBOUYANT IN THE EARLY 90'S AND HE STILL MAKES A LOT OF MUSIC I WILL LISTEN 2 TODAY EVEN THO IM NOT HEAVILY INFLUENCED BY TODAYS MUSIC.
IF THE MUSIC IS 2 MOBBY THEY SAY WE SHOULD EXPAND HORIZONS AND THEN WHEN WE TRY SOMETHING ELSE ITS CRITICIZED ALSO. THE SOLUTION MIGHT BE 2 STOP LISTENING 2 CONFUSED PPL AND JUST STICC 2 THE SCRIPT.
#YUP YUP
IF THE BEST WAY TO SELL MUSIC IS TO RAP LIKE THE LATEST TREND ON THE RADIO AND TV THAT'S FINE, BUT THE ONES THAT DO IT ARE CALLED CROSSOVER ARTISTS AND IT SACRIFICES THEIR ARTISTRY WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT AND LET ARTISTS BE WHO THEY ARE? 40 DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHO HE IS ONE MINUTE IT'S MOB THIS AND MOB THAT THE NEXT HE SOUNDS LIKE A SOUTH ARTIST SHIT HE GREW DREADS AND STARTED HOLLERIN THIZZ WHEN MAC DRE DIED!!!!

WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID 40'S SHIT DOES SLAP AND HE IS A LEGEND BUT IF YOU'RE ONLY IN THE GAME FOR THE MONEY AND THE FAME AND NOT TO STAY TRUE TO WHO YOU ARE AS AN ARTIST IT SHOWS.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
IF THE BEST WAY TO SELL MUSIC IS TO RAP LIKE THE LATEST TREND ON THE RADIO AND TV THAT'S FINE, BUT THE ONES THAT DO IT ARE CALLED CROSSOVER ARTISTS AND IT SACRIFICES THEIR ARTISTRY WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT AND LET ARTISTS BE WHO THEY ARE? 40 DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHO HE IS ONE MINUTE IT'S MOB THIS AND MOB THAT THE NEXT HE SOUNDS LIKE A SOUTH ARTIST SHIT HE GREW DREADS AND STARTED HOLLERIN THIZZ WHEN MAC DRE DIED!!!!

WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID 40'S SHIT DOES SLAP AND HE IS A LEGEND BUT IF YOU'RE ONLY IN THE GAME FOR THE MONEY AND THE FAME AND NOT TO STAY TRUE TO WHO YOU ARE AS AN ARTIST IT SHOWS.
You're a dork. Every single song doesn't have to sound exactly the same. I'm pretty sure 40 knows what he's doing he's had a pretty amazing career. I'm sure you have a awesome career.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Well yeah E-40's his dad I'd stick up for my dad too.
yup

IF THE BEST WAY TO SELL MUSIC IS TO RAP LIKE THE LATEST TREND ON THE RADIO AND TV THAT'S FINE, BUT THE ONES THAT DO IT ARE CALLED CROSSOVER ARTISTS AND IT SACRIFICES THEIR ARTISTRY WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT AND LET ARTISTS BE WHO THEY ARE? 40 DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHO HE IS ONE MINUTE IT'S MOB THIS AND MOB THAT THE NEXT HE SOUNDS LIKE A SOUTH ARTIST SHIT HE GREW DREADS AND STARTED HOLLERIN THIZZ WHEN MAC DRE DIED!!!!.
nope

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
A RESPONSE LIKE THIS IS EXPECTED FROM YOU
Believe me I prefer the mobb shit shit as well but he makes enough music it's ok to have a couple different sounding songs. Every single song doesn't have to have a 90s mobb sound. I just think that's dumb to freak out over one song you don't like.

May 16, 2002
I can't say I'm a full fledged 40 fan, but the man does his thing. I applauded & yelled out when he showed up at "How The West Was Won" concert I went to at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View a few weeks back.

It felt good to see him up there with the rest of the Legends.

I don't dig all of his material, but I give that man respect & I still own his whole discography, so I will be copping these no doubt.

Jul 22, 2003
Believe me I prefer the mobb shit shit as well but he makes enough music it's ok to have a couple different sounding songs. Every single song doesn't have to have a 90s mobb sound. I just think that's dumb to freak out over one song you don't like.
Yup. I haven't heard the project but imma guess there more than 37 or so songs on there. If your a 40 fan there is most likely be 8 to 10 songs out of 37your gonna like giving you a good regular length E-40 album.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
IT WOULDNT MATTER WHAT HE DID,CRITICS WILL BE CRITICS AND U CANT PLEASE EVERYBODY. I CANT SAY I LIKE EVERY E-40 SONG BUT HE DEFINITELY HAS NICE CREATIVITY AND ABOVE AVERAGE LYRICAL SKILLS....AND 2 TOP IT ALL OFF, HE IS AN EXCELLENT "ARTIST" AND NOT JUST YOUR AVERAGE RAPPER. ITS IMPOSSIBLE 2 STAY IN ONE LANE IN THE MUSIC BIZ BUT I GUESS U GUYS WOULD ALREADY KNOW THAT BEING THAT YOU'RE MUSICAL PROFESSIONALS AND ALL.
KEEPIN IT MOBBY IS COOL BUT FROM A MARKETING PERSPECTIVE U WILL ONLY REACH CERTAIN MARKETS AND A LOT OF THOSE PPL DONT EVEN BUY MUSIC SO I COMMEND 4 O FOR HIS EFFORTS AND RESPECT HIM 4 KEEPIN THE WEST COAST ALIVE AT TIMES....PERIOD!!
#WCM

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
It seems like he's recycling his lyrics. I mean 3 albums of saying the same shht? It's bad when someone is listening to your music and they can predict what you're going to say. I like his music but too many songs can make it seem repetitive.