New E-40 album was a flop...fact or fiction

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 26, 2006
The numbers are kinda dissappointing. But to me, the album was not his best work and didnt deserve to go Gold. Gold is tough as fuck to get to these days, and I think the album overal doesnt appeal to the masses. I liked the album, but I am from the Bay and a huge 40 fan. Would I expect somebody from Chicago or New York to buy this shit???? Not really

Dec 6, 2005
like i said before little jon needs to stop creating "hyphy" music

its kind of funny how his beat for tell me when to go "started" the hyphy movement but hes from the south

same old sounding beats from 2001... been played out

Dec 6, 2005
people are comparing chamillionaire to e40, i aint ever heard of chamillionaire since probably last year but 40s been out since before 93

i dont know some rappers like too short and e40 are getting old maybe thats not why they are selling big numbers anymore

they have over 10 albums each though, those numbers stack up compared to other artists

Jan 18, 2006
Theres a reason why 40 is ambassador of the bay cuz once again everything is going through him and there are a lot of bay artists that are gonna blow up cuz of him,

40 didnt do better numbers cuz the bay probably does more bootlegging then actually supporting there artists. but i still think its a successful campaign cuz of all the attention towards the bay on T.V. and probably radio too who knows.

Oct 19, 2004
lmao at this forum. 40 is nowhere near floppin. Almost 300k on one single aint a flop at all. 40 will go gold and maybe platinum when its all said and done. Gold has never been a flop by any standards. And like I said in another one of these idiotic threads. When judging if and album is a flop you have to compare it to the whole industry. You dont debut at #1 on the hip hop charts and #3 total on billboard and flop. If thats the case everything under him flopped too.

Lets also not forget that the album has only been out 3 months. Come back and discuss this after all the videos hav been released and the promo is done.

Oct 19, 2004
stuck said:
The numbers are kinda dissappointing. But to me, the album was not his best work and didnt deserve to go Gold. Gold is tough as fuck to get to these days, and I think the album overal doesnt appeal to the masses. I liked the album, but I am from the Bay and a huge 40 fan. Would I expect somebody from Chicago or New York to buy this shit???? Not really

You cats have no clue. Tomorrow im a post 40's soundscan by city and then you come back and tell me that someone from ny or chi wouldn't buy the album.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
someone PLEASE tell me how 300,000 copies of 1 single is a flop? U and DAt just barely came out G! give it some time 2 get voted on the countdowns u punk rock bastards. oh yea, this post was hilarious... __>>
bayGIANTS said:
people are dumb

Feb 22, 2006
50cal said:
I posted somewhere else..its funny cause if it wasnt for the net i wouldnt know Ghost had a new album....i cant turn the radio on last few months without being bombarded by tell me when to go,that videos etc.....for those that defending 40s status..take alook at it as if you were a business man and he was on your label.....do you know how much money it costs to promote a single on the radio?...not even talking about videos.....I bet there was alot of money spent...not a great profit return remember labels are in the business to make money,so an album turning a small profit is not considered a sucess...I still am a fan of e-40..I know he still has a career in some form or another,and this situation helped that....but Id be surprised on the next album if he gets the same kind of push
50cal i totally agree, but the one thing you left out is that all bay area fans always say "cop this and support this shit from the bay" but in all realility i bet most just burn that shit!!!!! whether you hate all hate or not i'm pretty sure its true!!!!!!

Feb 22, 2006
bootleg said:
people are comparing chamillionaire to e40, i aint ever heard of chamillionaire since probably last year but 40s been out since before 93

i dont know some rappers like too short and e40 are getting old maybe thats not why they are selling big numbers anymore

they have over 10 albums each though, those numbers stack up compared to other artists
your right you cant compare cham to 40, but cham aint 40+ years old either thats why you aint never heard his shit since last year. you probably didnt hear 40's first cd till he came out bigger
I think by my responses people might think i dont like 40 but i do just more of his old shit though

Jan 26, 2006
threefoe said:
You cats have no clue. Tomorrow im a post 40's soundscan by city and then you come back and tell me that someone from ny or chi wouldn't buy the album.
You do that. I would actually be interested to see those numbers.

I said I was a big 40 fan, but ain't nobody I know in New York checkin for him. I don't know about NYC, but my fam is all from LI and they can't stand him. All I was tyring to say is that this album ain't his best work to date. Is that too far off? I mean, if you are tyring to appeal to people that have never liked your style (new fans), would this album be the way to do it? Oh well, fuck it, I hope he goes quadruple platinum

Feb 4, 2005
I wonder how much of you posting actually have the album and then talking shit about how its a flop....

Cant call it a flop till atleast the sixth month mark and it has atleast three singles.

I think by the end of the year it will be atleast gold but i think it may go plat, and that would be a good look for the bay.

Aug 8, 2003
I think its time for some other foolz from the bay to get their time in the limelight... E-40 (and "hyphy" aritsts for that matter) only represent a part of the bay...

Apr 25, 2002
mocheezkc said:
You can blame E-40's numbers on the bootleggers. I know in my area alone he probably sold damn near 50,000 thru the nigggaz sellin Cd's in front of the grocery and liquor stores.
You'll never be taken seriously saying dumb shit like this.

Feb 23, 2006
www.3kalikingz.com
100k a month for three months off of a single that wasnt a huge hit! Yall are crazy hella people already didn't like E-40 so for him to sell almost 300k at damn near 40? U and Dat is moving up billboard hella fast, but it is not a hit yet. The video hasn't even made MTV yet! Give it time. I like how yall talking bout all the attention and shit 40's getting most of that was after the album dropped! WB and BME know what the hell they are doing! Also remember he's coming from a region that never really blew up. He's basically starting from scratch the only difference he has alot more haters than a new artist.

By the way Little X changes his name from time to time like MR. X or just X, just like Hype Williams does. Yall fight over dumb ass shyt!

D

DaSlimReaper

threefoe said:
lmao at this forum. 40 is nowhere near floppin. Almost 300k on one single aint a flop at all. 40 will go gold and maybe platinum when its all said and done. Gold has never been a flop by any standards. And like I said in another one of these idiotic threads. When judging if and album is a flop you have to compare it to the whole industry. You dont debut at #1 on the hip hop charts and #3 total on billboard and flop. If thats the case everything under him flopped too.

Lets also not forget that the album has only been out 3 months. Come back and discuss this after all the videos hav been released and the promo is done.
You are in denial, he didn't sell 286,000 just coz of the single. It was radio play, video, MTV: My Block, Hype on Hyphy, USA Today, Hyphy week, My Space, Magazines, the Bay Area supporting him, and much more! His promo was off the hook, so you can't act like 286,000 after 3 months is good or even Ok.. Only reason he was #3 on Billboard is coz no one else was doin anything that week. 40 only sold 93,000 his first week, Ice Cube just debuted at #4 and sold 144,000! #4! So his sales are dissapointing as of now. He might go Gold tho, but at this rate it'll take another 5 months!

Nov 19, 2005
BETO916 said:
and Keek (3Xcrazy-Noo Trybe/Virgin). These cats aren't HUNGRY anymore. They are content to be local rappers, and you can tell by the material they put out. Not hating here, just stating facts. Keek should have already BEEN snatched up by a label because of all the attention he's been getting lately. I think he or the people he trusts, just make bad business decisions.
how the fuck do u know. Keak has a lot offers on the table. If someone offers you a deal you dont go out there and take it right away!!!!! you have to milk whatever you could get out. Major labels are after keak, the one problem that he has is all these albums people are putting out for keak when its not his. Majors are looking at soundscan and when they see like 4 keak albums within months and see each of them has done about 5,000 they hold back and say wait a minute whats going on here. You were on point about everything except for that.