New E-40 album was a flop...fact or fiction

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 29, 2004
I say it was. only 286,050 sold???? them is piss poor numbers for some shit that was on the cover of magazines and all kinda other shit
the new video with T-Pain is trash and Tell Me When To Go only got played once a day on BET (on Rap City) and on MTV2 which doesnt count cause they play everything on there. MTV is where the popular artist get their videos played so I say it flopped

Feb 16, 2006
www.thebayisback.com
i say give it bout 2 more months before you decide if i was a flop. Look at what happened to Chamillionaire. He didn't do much off his first single...dropped down around 10k in sales per week...and he's up to over 30k a week consistantly now.

El D

Sicc OG
Mar 7, 2006
mikevick said:
I say it was. only 286,050 sold???? them is piss poor numbers for some shit that was on the cover of magazines and all kinda other shit
the new video with T-Pain is trash and Tell Me When To Go only got played once a day on BET (on Rap City) and on MTV2 which doesnt count cause they play everything on there. MTV is where the popular artist get their videos played so I say it flopped
your life is a flop...

Oct 28, 2003
StupidFace said:
so far he's outsold:

Mobb Deep (GUNIT)
Camron (DIPSET leader)
GHOST (wutang)
Fat Joe (TS)

copied from another board
They were ALL considered flops. 40's album is a moral victory for the Bay. It gives us wishful thinking of what we think others would do if they had that kind of push from this area. The numbers are bad, but it provided attention to the area again. So you can't just call it a total flop.

D

DaSlimReaper

He did flop though, I ain't gonna lie. I don't see how anyone can be happy with those numbers.

D

DaSlimReaper

^You damn right, that's why the U And Dat video was so cheap, they ain't puttin no more money into E-40.. WB is about to drop that nigga.

Aug 20, 2005
im a big 40 fan, and i think mgrc was a coo album....but im going to be honest, U n DAT probably won't help drive this album to gold status why? blame it on the other lil jon singles out on the radio rotating at the same time as U n DAT...it causes static when shit starts soundin da same.. its all good though, e-40 did his job, now i think it's up to who ever is next at bat.

Apr 24, 2006
leftcoast415 said:
i say give it bout 2 more months before you decide if i was a flop. Look at what happened to Chamillionaire. He didn't do much off his first single...dropped down around 10k in sales per week...and he's up to over 30k a week consistantly now.
BIG DIFFERENCE......CHAMILLIONAIRE IS A NEW ARTIST....PEOPLE HAVE JUST BEEN INTRODUCED TO HIM ON A NATIONAL LEVEL...SO AS THEY LEARN MORE ABOUT HIM, MORE PEOPLE WILL BUY THE RECORD.....PEOPLE ALREADY HAVE THEIR MINDS MADE UP ABOUT THE WAY THEY VIEW 40.

Jan 19, 2006
Oh Coy!Ocerto said:
Camron only been out a month...and hes sold a little less than 100,000 less than 40...40 been out since March....not a fair comparison....

yeah and ghost been out a month longer.. it's impossible to make this totally unbiased..

just posting that for knowledge... I'm pretty sure cam will surpass him eventually

D

DaSlimReaper

StupidFace said:
just posting that for knowledge... I'm pretty sure cam will surpass him eventually
Naw, I doubt that, Cam flopped super hard. He didn't even debut in the top ten.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I posted somewhere else..its funny cause if it wasnt for the net i wouldnt know Ghost had a new album....i cant turn the radio on last few months without being bombarded by tell me when to go,that videos etc.....for those that defending 40s status..take alook at it as if you were a business man and he was on your label.....do you know how much money it costs to promote a single on the radio?...not even talking about videos.....I bet there was alot of money spent...not a great profit return remember labels are in the business to make money,so an album turning a small profit is not considered a sucess...I still am a fan of e-40..I know he still has a career in some form or another,and this situation helped that....but Id be surprised on the next album if he gets the same kind of push