New E-40 album was a flop...fact or fiction

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2003
leftcoast415 said:
i say give it bout 2 more months before you decide if i was a flop. Look at what happened to Chamillionaire. He didn't do much off his first single...dropped down around 10k in sales per week...and he's up to over 30k a week consistantly now.

Wrong Cham sold over 100k off the gates. his joint is platinum now

Feb 8, 2003
DaSlimReaper said:
^You damn right, that's why the U And Dat video was so cheap, they ain't puttin no more money into E-40.. WB is about to drop that nigga.

No they not gonna drop him for one he is signed to lil jon's label BME which is distributed by WB. 40 isnt going no where.

Feb 8, 2003
Oh Coy!Ocerto said:
Camron only been out a month...and hes sold a little less than 100,000 less than 40...40 been out since March....not a fair comparison....

EXACTLY

cats on here be acting like they a record executive I would love to see some of them put out a album then talk shit

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
what cracks me up, is that y'all are actin' like those aren't 40s usual numbers. he CONSISTANTLY has been pushing that amount of units since he's been on a major.....shit he damn near was doin' that out the trunk, thus his deal in the first place.

patience my peoples, patience....40 is opening doors for the bay just like he did in '93....he put the bay on his back and brought NATIONAL attention back to the bay. it's up to the rest of these artists to do them, and make their own moves.

I mean....isn't Fabby, Turf Talk & Nump in EUROPE right now?? This shit is starting to take off. These THIZZ dudes need to stop bellyaching about FREE PUBLICITY, and DO SOMETHING WITH IT.

Mr. Fab is the ONLY cat on THIZZ that can go to a major, and be marketable. His style, persona, stage presence, and material, put him head & shoulders above the rest.

Mira....Mac Mall's stint on a major didn't last, as did Bavgate's (Black Mafia-No Limit), Ryda J. (Mob Figaz-NooTrybe/Virgin), and Keek (3Xcrazy-Noo Trybe/Virgin). These cats aren't HUNGRY anymore. They are content to be local rappers, and you can tell by the material they put out. Not hating here, just stating facts. Keek should have already BEEN snatched up by a label because of all the attention he's been getting lately. I think he or the people he trusts, just make bad business decisions.

Apr 24, 2006
Oh Coy!Ocerto said:
Thats great...at the end of the video...it say "Mr.X" in graff writing...so you tell me?
.......and your point????........the only time anyone has ever called him Mr. X.......u try and correct me on some shit and you're wrong. CASE CLOSED..go check his website out. It's......mrx.co..........OH WAIT....it's actually littlexonline.com.

Nov 11, 2005
286,050 sold only? that is awfully low. but thats good compared to bay area artist i guess? i woulda guessed he was near the gold range with all the publicity hes getting

D

DaSlimReaper

stylezz2k said:
but thats good compared to bay area artist i guess?
Why niggas keep comparing his sales to Bay artists? That shit don't count. Niggas in the Bay ain't signed to WB and they ain't had dumb ass mainstream exposure backed by millions of dollars. Not a fair comparison.. This is bad considering the promo.

May 5, 2002
The industry realizes there is talent out here in the bay, and we got our own sound that might possibly be the next south. Thats why they are dumping money and promotion into this product. They wouldn't put this money into something that they wouldn't see making money in return. Yes, the sales are low in connection with the amount of promo (at the moment), but industry heads realise that this shit WILL take off and make money in sales down the line. Mainstreem music listeners are stupid and usually only support what is "established". The bay area is in a possition where its moving towards being established, and once it is, sales will take off and other bay area artists will follow, just like what happened with Texas a few years back.

Apr 19, 2005
Chamillionaire is a good example of an album that started out slow. Cats was comparin him and Paul Wall cause they came out at around the same time and Paul Walls sales were better at first. Chamillionaire picked up a major amount of steam from what seems to be nowhere and Paul Wall dropped off the radar. Whenever cats post those soundscan numbers up here I never see Paul Walls album, but I see Chamillionaire on there. He's damn near platinum now.

Oh yeah ..

Keyshia Cole. Y'all already know what I'm talkin about.

Apr 19, 2005
707senator707 said:
When did jon smith vince phillips and tom whalley lyor cohen start posting on here? ....

This album has been out 3 months again lets talk flop or success in september when it has been out 6 months..
Exactly.

I swear, these idiots wouldn't know pre-production from pre-mature birth.

Pre-production in this instance is a music reference for those of you who are a little on the slow side.

May 9, 2002
nastyfresh21 said:
.......and your point????........the only time anyone has ever called him Mr. X.......u try and correct me on some shit and you're wrong. CASE CLOSED..go check his website out. It's......mrx.co..........OH WAIT....it's actually littlexonline.com.
My point was it didnt say Little X moron...it said Mr.X....sorry im not some director groupie and dont know all the "inside info"...do you want a buscuit?A gold star perhaps?Get it pushin tough guy....

Youre dismissed...

May 20, 2006
You can blame E-40's numbers on the bootleggers. I know in my area alone he probably sold damn near 50,000 thru the nigggaz sellin Cd's in front of the grocery and liquor stores.