Natas- Most slept on group in hip hop history

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2003
Fuck a new era. All this "new" bullshit is the reason rap has sucked for the past decade.
Quick question? Im not trying to fight with you but i gotta speak my mind.

you gotta grow up and get with times so here we go Ok nigga so you telling me you rocks the same clothes you wore back in 1995 or drive the same car you had at 16 or are you still watching your movies on a beta max or do your microwave still have the nob timer on it?

better yet how would a nigga look wearing a gheri shag and bell bottoms and a gold figerro chain right now?

Dec 19, 2006
"I PUKOKEKI IOULO MOMU" I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU.YOUR OPINION IS THAT ESHAM/NATAS ARE GARBAGE.I'M INTERESTED IN WHO ARE YOUR TOP 5 FAVORITE ARTIST AND FAVORITE GROUPS ARE.
HERE IS MINE

BROTHA LYNCH HUNG OR TRE 8
ESHAM
DICE
X RAIDED

GROUPS

NATAS
DOOMSDAY PRODUCTIONS
DAYTON FAMILY

Jan 23, 2006
How could anyone dispute legendary status for E and his group. I mean he's been putting out albums for 20 years . He's had influence on every artist out of his hometown. He's had major influence on the industry as a whole(1st to release a double CD, 1st to record a video with every song on an album etc..)I mean come on he does 99% of his and Natas production. I think motherfuccers are hating just because they have a keyboard and they got some fingers to type with. The original concept of this thread was kind of like to say: You could prolly add up all the record sales from E and Natas massive catalog and it wouldn't equal the sales from faggot ass Eminem's first album!!! Can anyone justify that? These guys have been hustling for a long, long time coming from one of the toughest cities in America. They ain't dead, they ain't in jail and they never flipped the script to sellout. They've been hardcore from day one. And they pretty much have been slept on since day one. Will you haters at least agree he's an underground legend?

DRO

Apr 30, 2008
hatemachine.us
Quick question? Im not trying to fight with you but i gotta speak my mind.

you gotta grow up and get with times so here we go Ok nigga so you telling me you rocks the same clothes you wore back in 1995 or drive the same car you had at 16 or are you still watching your movies on a beta max or do your microwave still have the nob timer on it?

better yet how would a nigga look wearing a gheri shag and bell bottoms and a gold figerro chain right now?
No, I'm telling you that 90% of the rap that has came out in the past 10 years has been garbage. The underground is the only thing keeping good rap alive. Wu is the only shit I like that is even remotely mainstream and they get no love. People like Killah Priest and Shabazz The Disciple get no respect and they would murder anybody that went up against them on the mic.

May 9, 2002
"I PUKOKEKI IOULO MOMU" I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU.YOUR OPINION IS THAT ESHAM/NATAS ARE GARBAGE.I'M INTERESTED IN WHO ARE YOUR TOP 5 FAVORITE ARTIST AND FAVORITE GROUPS ARE.
HERE IS MINE

BROTHA LYNCH HUNG OR TRE 8
ESHAM
DICE
X RAIDED

GROUPS

NATAS
DOOMSDAY PRODUCTIONS
DAYTON FAMILY
In all honesty, does it really matter? Im sure if i were to list my favorite artists, someone would have a problem with the list. Everything is subjective and while i think Esham is terrible, obviously others think otehrwise....and there is nothing wrong with that. I just dont see anything "godly" about him or how he is "ahead of his time". No one has given me a clear cut answer to exactly what makes him that, otehr than he used some rock music in his rap. That is his producer, not him. Evne if he produced it, that has ZERO to do with what he is saying/rapping about. Like i said, there were plenty of cats talkin gritty like he was in other cities, INCLUDING NIP, who was and is WAAAAY more out there as far as lysics go. Dude is seriously fucked in the head.

Will you haters at least agree he's an underground legend?
Yes, becuase that is EXACTLY what he is and will always be. But he NEVER achieved mainstream success so he can not be a legend in that light.

BTW, quantity < quality any day of the week. There are artists that have put ONE album out that are considered "legendary" in my mind.

Feb 8, 2003
No, I'm telling you that 90% of the rap that has came out in the past 10 years has been garbage. The underground is the only thing keeping good rap alive. Wu is the only shit I like that is even remotely mainstream and they get no love. People like Killah Priest and Shabazz The Disciple get no respect and they would murder anybody that went up against them on the mic.

I respect you breaking down your thoughts remember its all opinions. You gotta admit alot of underground shit is weak as fuck these days too many underground rappers try to imitate known artists.

The thing about wu is they last album was real horrible. atleast Raekwon, Ghostface is still dropping tight solo music. Also speaking of Killah Preist he just dropped a new album last week.

Music taste and expectations has totally change today from the 90's and below. its not about the lyricism no more its about some catchy songs you can party, drink or ride too. theres nothing wrong with that bc nothing last forever. in the next 10 years there will be a different vibe in rap music its a cycle thats all.

looks at the past

70's = live instruments played
80's = keyboard and synthesizers, straching & drums
90' = lyrical and gangsta shit
00's = voice samples, crunk/club music

Shit just cahnge with style though soem people can adapt some can't.

I dont know how old you are but im 28 i remeber when i was a kid the music i liked (ll cool j, ice-t, nwa, big daddy kane, to name a couple) my parents used to say the same thang about that music i listened to then as your saying about todays music.

Dec 19, 2006
In all honesty, does it really matter? Im sure if i were to list my favorite artists, someone would have a problem with the list. Everything is subjective and while i think Esham is terrible, obviously others think otehrwise....and there is nothing wrong with that. I just dont see anything "godly" about him or how he is "ahead of his time". No one has given me a clear cut answer to exactly what makes him that, otehr than he used some rock music in his rap. That is his producer, not him. Evne if he produced it, that has ZERO to do with what he is saying/rapping about. Like i said, there were plenty of cats talkin gritty like he was in other cities, INCLUDING NIP, who was and is WAAAAY more out there as far as lysics go. Dude is seriously fucked in the head.

Yes, becuase that is EXACTLY what he is and will always be. But he NEVER achieved mainstream success so he can not be a legend in that light.

BTW, quantity < quality any day of the week. There are artists that have put ONE album out that are considered "legendary" in my mind.

I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT YOUR TASTE OF MUSIC WAS LIKE,I WOULDNT
JUST TRASH YOUR FAVORITE ARTIST JUST CAUSE YOU DONT LIKE ESHAMS MUSIC.

Dec 19, 2006
I respect you breaking down your thoughts remember its all opinions. You gotta admit alot of underground shit is weak as fuck these days too many underground rappers try to imitate known artists.

The thing about wu is they last album was real horrible. atleast Raekwon, Ghostface is still dropping tight solo music. Also speaking of Killah Preist he just dropped a new album last week.

Music taste and expectations has totally change today from the 90's and below. its not about the lyricism no more its about some catchy songs you can party, drink or ride too. theres nothing wrong with that bc nothing last forever. in the next 10 years there will be a different vibe in rap music its a cycle thats all.

looks at the past

70's = live instruments played
80's = keyboard and synthesizers, straching & drums
90' = lyrical and gangsta shit
00's = voice samples, crunk/club music

Shit just cahnge with style though soem people can adapt some can't.

I dont know how old you are but im 28 i remeber when i was a kid the music i liked (ll cool j, ice-t, nwa, big daddy kane, to name a couple) my parents used to say the same thang about that music i listened to then as your saying about todays music.

I'M 28 ASWELL AND I DO SEE WHAT YOUR SAYING ABOUT THE STYLES AND THE WAY RAP IS NOW,BUT THATS WHAT THE KIDS LIKE NOWADAYS CAUSE THATS WHAT THERE GROWIN UP ON.IT IS WHERE THE MONEY IS AT,BUT I LIKE ARTIST THAT STAY TRUE TO THEIR ARTFORM AND SUBJECT MATTER,EVEN THOUGH ALOT OF THEM ARE SLIDING INTO THE MAINSTREAM TYPE RAP CONTENT.I'M NOT GONNA CHANGE MY TASTE IN MUSIC EVEN IF THE TIMES ARE CHANGING.I DO BUY NEW ARTIST MUSIC BUT SOME PEOPLE ARENT GONNA CHANGE THEIR TASTE JUST CAUSE MAINSTREAM SAYS THIS IS WHATS HOT

Nov 14, 2006

You have no idea what you are talking about, that is obvious. His producer? Lol. Have you not been reading some of these posts? He's his own producer. A damn good one at that. And stop the Nip comparison because there really isn't any, other then some horror stuff. Esham went into crazy themes more as social commentary, not just blatantly saying shocking stuff. Listen to songs like KKKill The Fetus or Living in Incest. Saying NIP is way more out there is just laughable. NIP was never on that devil Satanism tip. Dude was all about Nation of Islam. Lol. So Esham was definitely more out there on that level. NIP is more Horrorcore while Esham spits acid rap which yeah is different.

And about your quality over quantity BS. Well anybody can pour their whole heart out into one album and make it a classic, then never have any good shit again. But the true masters know how to keep reinventing themselves and turn out many classics.

May 9, 2002
You have no idea what you are talking about, that is obvious. His producer? Lol. Have you not been reading some of these posts? He's his own producer.
Then it makes my point even more relevant...the beats, IMO, were AWFUL for the most part. So Esham is not only a shitty rapper, but he is a shitty producer to.

A damn good one at that.
:ermm:

And stop the Nip comparison because there really isn't any, other then some horror stuff. Esham went into crazy themes more as social commentary, not just blatantly saying shocking stuff. Listen to songs like KKKill The Fetus or Living in Incest. Saying NIP is way more out there is just laughable. NIP was never on that devil Satanism tip. Dude was all about Nation of Islam. Lol. So Esham was definitely more out there on that level. NIP is more Horrorcore while Esham spits acid rap which yeah is different.
So becuase Esham was "all into satanism", that makes him "way more out there"? How so? Have you ever LISTENED to NIP? Youre accusing ME of not listening to what Esham has to say, and turning right around and being a hypocrite about NIP, whom apparently YOU have not listened to thoroughly. Cmon now.

NIP was just as much a social comentator as Esham was, as he addressed alot of racial incilinations in a place where racism is STILL alive and well. NIP was always more lyical (of course that is not hard to achieve when we are comparing to Eahsm) and WAAAAAAY more complex than Esham could EVER be.

And about your quality over quantity BS.
In which you follow up with this statement:

Well anybody can pour their whole heart out into one album and make it a classic, then never have any good shit again. But the true masters know how to keep reinventing themselves and turn out many classics.
The problem is Esham aint no "true master"...excpet for a true master at making terrible records. I CAN DO THAT.

Look, do you like Esham? Yes? Great! This is ALL a matter of opinion..THATS IT. Its not like a sports team: if you are 0-16, you are a BAD team, period. Preferences are something everyone has. I happen to think Esham is overrated and one of the worst rappers...EVER...and have stated WHY I feel this way. We can argue for another 20 years and it wont MATTER.

Dec 19, 2006
WE GET IT PUKOKEKI YOU DONT LIKE HIS MUSIC,MOST OF US ON THE THREAD DO,NEXT.WHY KEEP GOIN ON ABOUT TRASHIN HIS MUSIC.I ASKED YOU FOR YOUR FAVORITE ARTIST LIST(NOT TO TRASH THEM) JUST TO SEE WHAT YOUR MUSIC TASTE IS LIKE.PUT THEM UP OR FALL BAC.WE ALL HAVE A DIFFERENCE OF OPINION ON RAP(WHICH GOES NOWHERE EXCEPT ARGUING ABOUT WHO IS BETTER OR WORSE)AND THAT IS JUST WASTED TIME.MY POINT IS YOU MADE YOUR OPINON VERY CLEARLY,PERIOD.MOVE ON OR ANSWER MY SIMPLE QUESTION-~007~