Natas- Most slept on group in hip hop history

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 23, 2006
I've only met 1 person in my life who has ever heard of Esham or Natas, and I just met him this year. I've been a huge fan of theirs since like 93-94. Granted I'm a white dude from Philly so how many people could I realistically expect to come across who have discovered this gem outta the "D".

Esham makes some of the siccest and best music, Mastamind is one of the hardest rappers ever(listen to "The Mindzi" if you don't believe me). These guys have paved the way for so many rappers outta the "D" it's crazy. They never got any love or national exposure. It's not like I have a personally vested interest in the group but as a huge fan it's frustrating to see artists hit it big outta Detroit with 10% of there talent.(Eminem, D12 and kid rock all suck ) but they all getting paid while "my" group lives the undeground, independent struggle.

This is just my 2 cents worth,hopefully it's worth a penny to someone.

Dro

Jan 23, 2006
The industry may be on his nuts but does he ever get the props he deserves, or any props at all? I mean he been putting it down for like 20 years! Yeah D12 gave him his props I guess when like 20 of there goons jumped him in'01 at the warped tour in Philly.

Apr 30, 2008
hatemachine.us
Just about everybody I know likes Esham. He has been one of my favorite rappers since the first time I heard him. Mastamind being back with RLP makes me happy too cause N Of Da World didn't have the right feel with him only being on one track. TNT needs to quit being a lazy fuck and put out a fuckin solo.

They might not get much respect from the industry or even other artists from the D other than Psy, Trick Trick, and The Wisemen but that's cool. People have been biting them forever. Esham is a legend in my book.

Jan 23, 2006
It looks like there getting back together for this one last album. Yeah I didn't mention TNT in my original post because he doesn't bring it like E or Masta. On a sidenote I just watched a Gangland episode on the history channel, it was all about Detroits eastside and seven mile area. The only rapper they showed was some cat named Champtown. Never heard of 'em. It looks like theres enought shit for TNT to get into on the streets, maybe that's why he's lazy with this hip hop thing?

Dec 19, 2006
I've only met 1 person in my life who has ever heard of Esham or Natas, and I just met him this year. I've been a huge fan of theirs since like 93-94. Granted I'm a white dude from Philly so how many people could I realistically expect to come across who have discovered this gem outta the "D".

Esham makes some of the siccest and best music, Mastamind is one of the hardest rappers ever(listen to "The Mindzi" if you don't believe me). These guys have paved the way for so many rappers outta the "D" it's crazy. They never got any love or national exposure. It's not like I have a personally vested interest in the group but as a huge fan it's frustrating to see artists hit it big outta Detroit with 10% of there talent.(Eminem, D12 and kid rock all suck ) but they all getting paid while "my" group lives the undeground, independent struggle.

This is just my 2 cents worth,hopefully it's worth a penny to someone.

Dro
I GOT ALL ESHAM,MASTAMIND, AND NATAS ALBUMS,AND IMO THEY ARE THE BEST RAP GROUP PERIOD.AND I UNDERSTAND HOW U FEEL ABOUT THOSE OTHERS GETTIN SHINE WHEN NATAS MUSIC IS FAR BETTER THEN THOSE DUDES.PROPS ON THE THREAD AND SHOWIN SUPPORT

Dec 25, 2003
I 100% agree!!! Not many folks out here has ever heard of them maybe except for Esham and Im the only Mexican in San Diego whos the biggest Natas fan ever along with K-Rino which is totally sad......

Dec 19, 2006
It looks like there getting back together for this one last album. Yeah I didn't mention TNT in my original post because he doesn't bring it like E or Masta. On a sidenote I just watched a Gangland episode on the history channel, it was all about Detroits eastside and seven mile area. The only rapper they showed was some cat named Champtown. Never heard of 'em. It looks like theres enought shit for TNT to get into on the streets, maybe that's why he's lazy with this hip hop thing?
YEAH I WATCHED THAT GANGLAND TOO? I WAS HOPING TO SEE E ON THERE

May 20, 2006
Esham is a Midwest legend.... Never heard of him, until i started reading about him in Murder Dog bac in '98.... True MidWest Underground GodFather.......