name a rap/hip hop group you'll respect till you die

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 4, 2005
mine is
cypress hill

there's nothing out there like the first 3 cypress hill albums
i like the sound
i don't smoke weed (although i think all drugs should be legalized)

that shit is original. i didnt listen to rap back in the early 90s, but it's weird to me that these guys made it to the mainstream by their own rules and i dont hear anyone trying to take their shit and replicate it.... that alone, to me, means they had something special and no one can replicate that shit... there mighta been some groups in the early 90s but they obviously failed.

i hope they would go back to their old style... dark psychedelic shit.... but i'm not bitchin but if they did go back and do that style, having tech on a fuckin track would be bad ass coz tech can rip any beat

i can agree with cypress hill. i have seen them 6-7 times and they have a great stage show.

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
Jurassic 5

as far as constantly doing what they wanted to do musically, being able to successfully go against the grain of the popular Westcoast sound AND managing to do all this while making albums that were actually fucking good, J5 cannot be tested.