My dad is at deaths door.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 10, 2002
Seems like alot of people around here have been loosing there parents lately, im soon to join that club for the second time. My dad has cancer and he didnt really tell anybody how bad it was. Til he got out in Virgina with my younger sis and she had to take him to the hospital. he doesnt have very much time left at all. It feels weird all the time I spent angry and wishing he was dead when I was younger for all the shit that happened. now im sitting here wishing I could have spent more time trying to mend the relationship. all I can ask is that you guys pray for my dad. he was a self proclamed atheist but he actually accepted god into his life which Is a good thing for the most part. just pray for my family and my dad right now because things are really hard right now, espically for my grandmother because this is her only other son, my uncle died in 86 while he was in the airforce so shes trying hard not to think about it.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
don't wish for time to mend the past, accept the present and be with him. hope he pulls thru, my uncle had cancer kinda creep up on him. within a month of finding out he was gone. I've also lost a cousin (12 years old) to cancer and an uncle (via marriage) to Leukemia (which is just blood cancer). It's a terrible disease to watch someone suffer thru. I've also had 4 other relatives get cancer and beat it. so don't ever think there's no hope. stay strong and be there for him.

Apr 14, 2003
Just make sure you get to spend time with your pops, man... As much as you can.. All of us need to do this.. Dead or alive... never know when we're going to lose the ones you love...
A good friend of mine's dad is knockin on heavens door right now too...

fucked up time right now...

Oct 2, 2006
Man hopefully your dad is keeping a positive attitude about it. If you can try and stay as positive as you can. The more positives he has around him the better chance he has at believing he can beat it.

Apr 21, 2010
No heartlessness here, but just focus on the fact that one day your body will be gone from this earth too. Don't see it as damning, since there is no "heaven" or "hell" to fear or look forward to, those all exist here on this dimension of duality anyways.

One day, I will be gone, and all i'm thinking about is where I wanna go next. Our souls are infinite, we came into this world from the infinite amount of possibilities, and we will go back into it. I have many books on very spiritual folks speaking about death right before they die. This might be helpful, and i'll send it to you for free if you wish.

We will all die, no reason to freak out about someone else's short trip to Earth ending before yours does, we don't disconnect from anything when we die, just start a new trip.

S'all good man, s'all good.

Btw I will pray that he enjoys his next journey.

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
Damn bro, I am truly sorry you have to go through this. I lost my dad on August 6th at 11:27am. I will say a prayer for you and your family. Hang in there dogg, and if u need anything, FOR REAL! whats your name by the way so I can pray for you.

Jun 10, 2002
Thanks for the love ya'll, I briefly spoke to him yesterday over the phone but he could barely raise his voice above a small whisper. The fucked up thing is Hes way over in Virginia with my younger sis and im out here in Washington state. but all I can do is pray