Murder INC (What do you know about the group) ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 26, 2008
Do Hard Head records released something besides MC L and Murder Inc?
As you can see from the Catalog# there is a missing release which isn't either a single/promo. This will be '' True 2 Life '' but because it was distributed through SMG they skipped it and followed on with the 4th.

Nothing else would have been released after '' Let's Die Together '' as Roderick was killed in 1996'

Hard Head Records:

91971 - L The Black Robbin Hood - The ''L''
91972 - Murder Inc - Playin' For Keeps
91973 - ??? [L The Black Robbin Hood - True 2 Life]
91974 - Murder Inc - Let's Die Together

Face Forever - Rollin' In My Ride [New]
1. Rollin' In My Ride [Radio Version] (Solo)
2. Rollin' In My Ride [Radio Version] (f. Legend Man)

Jan 10, 2006
As you can see from the Catalog# there is a missing release which isn't either a single/promo. This will be '' True 2 Life '' but because it was distributed through SMG they skipped it and followed on with the 4th.

Nothing else would have been released after '' Let's Die Together '' as Roderick was killed in 1996'

Hard Head Records:

91971 - L The Black Robbin Hood - The ''L''
91972 - Murder Inc - Playin' For Keeps
91973 - ??? [L The Black Robbin Hood - True 2 Life]
91974 - Murder Inc - Let's Die Together

Face Forever - Rollin' In My Ride [New]
1. Rollin' In My Ride [Radio Version] (Solo)
2. Rollin' In My Ride [Radio Version] (f. Legend Man)
but some one posted that theres also a promo single for Murder Inc "Lets Die Together" and lamboryda also mentioned about vynil from Playin 4 Keeps.
So I guess theres might be some more shit. we just need to search.

Jan 10, 2006
But yeah after 1997 - they all went separate ways - MC L on Bally Boy, Crazy & Legend on Ruff Era.
And is there any more releases from Ruff Era? I heard long time ago that Lyric was supposed to release some shit on Ruff Era in 1998. Maybe theres some type of promo shit?
holla'

Jan 10, 2006
Roderick C. Smith Sr., Executive Producer And Owner Of Hard Head Records Inc., Died Sunday At Pendleton Memorial Methodist Hospital Of Gunshot Wounds. He Was 24. Mr. Smith Was A Lifelong Resident Of New Orleans. He Graduated From John F. Kennedy Senior High School And Attended Delgado Community College. He Also Was Affiliated With Varero's Inc., Side 1 Studios And Skull Management. Survivors Include His Wife, Mandalyn Zenon Smith; Three Sons, Devin Cook, Avian Brule And Roderick Smith Jr.; His Mother, Valerie Ann Thompson Smith; His Stepfather, Willie Smith; A Sister, Remice Smith Powell; And His Grandmother, Delores P. Smith. A Funeral Will Be Held Saturday At 11 A.M. At D.W. Rhodes Funeral Home, 3933 Washington Ave. Visitation Will Be Today From 7 To 9 P.M. Burial Will Be In Providence Memorial Park. 05-17-1996 Times Picayune

May 26, 2008
but some one posted that theres also a promo single for Murder Inc "Lets Die Together" and lamboryda also mentioned about vynil from Playin 4 Keeps.
So I guess theres might be some more shit. we just need to search.
They aren't listed the same way as album releases.

I've never seen a vinyl release from Hard Head Records, aside from '' True 2 Life '' - have you the scans to confirm them?

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2006
They aren't listed the same way as album releases.

I've never seen a vinyl release from Hard Head Records, aside from '' True 2 Life '' - have you the scans to confirm them?

Not long ago LamboRyda mentioned about vynil single for 1st Murder Inc, and also i've seen cdsingle from Lets Die Together on ebay

May 27, 2006
Bust Down made "Putcha' Ballys On" around '91. But he from New Orleans. He was affiliated with Luke & Poison Clan though.
great you tellin about this track
i still got bust down - putcha ballys on/nasty bitch tape only single from 1991 on disotell records in og
one of the first nola g rap releases i know

May 26, 2008
54th Platoon - From Then... Till Now

anyone knows when "from then .... till now" was released?? i guess 99/00 but never found a concrete releasedate
This was released in 1999.

I recently won this album on eBay a week ago, I've never heard it before.

Its an interesting release, it contains a new (Remix) solo version of "Survival" by Face Forever. This version is much better, but Crazy's verse was removed and is 2 minutes shorter than the original.

I have also noticed a unreleased track which I had mentioned awhile back from those last Ruff Era sessions is present, called "Paradise" although it has been edited on the intro, where they shout out Ruff Era/ the outro also fades out a minute before it should, which removes the full vocals.

Its more a ''Greatest Hits'' from the R.A.W / World Of Crime albums and includes about 8 new tracks (2 unreleased cuts from Ruff Era.)

Face Forever - Survival (Remix) (Solo Version)
http://www.zshare.net/audio/54936873f982d41d/

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2005
no they have nothing to do with murder inc
its a slaughterhouse records release (first label fila phil was on)

its produced by j ro j, ice mike, terrible t and l.o.g.
all lyrics by class tha player, rappin roy and l.o.g.

bally boy must be a nola term its often used there and u will find quite alot other dudes callin themself bally boys and have nothing to do with mc l and his label

i dunno exactly what bally boy does mean but prolly someone from the n.o. can tell us
I know I'm late, but I can clear up the info for the term "Bally Boys..." The Bally Boys were actually a street gang in New Orleans in the 80's-early 90's that had members DEEP at all the schools in New Orleans and in the streets. That's where the group Bally Boyz and the label got their name from...

May 27, 2006
thanks sixxness & 9th ward bally

what i wanted to ask
about crazy features from the 90s
theres this cd called the wild boyz - time for da real from 2000
it features some tracks from crazy under his alias doc holiday

its basically a compilation about dissin cash money
also sporty t and some of the less known no limit people is featured

but i never found our who was really behind that project...theres also people from new york on it
anyone knows something?