Murder INC (What do you know about the group) ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 10, 2006
Sixxness - good lookin out on dat track. thankz a lot.
and maybe do u have information about other MC L's labelmates - like Rooster Red, Midnight Mike etc? Maybe MC L is featured on their projects (if they exist)?
holla'

May 27, 2006
i wondered about them too lokee
i wrote all the infos one could get from the 2 mc l cds on bally boy in this thread (which i sold both in the past but still have my scans & mp3s)
but thats all i know never got anymo information

and sixxness fire on the bayou compilation was released in 98 i got that in og its written on the backcover
and you right about bally b lol i remember back in the past when i thought bally b was alamo under a new name haha

May 26, 2008
Sixxness - good lookin out on dat track. thankz a lot.
and maybe do u have information about other MC L's labelmates - like Rooster Red, Midnight Mike etc? Maybe MC L is featured on their projects (if they exist)?
holla'
No problem. I've not spend much time looking into those related to MC L.

i wondered about them too lokee
i wrote all the infos one could get from the 2 mc l cds on bally boy in this thread (which i sold both in the past but still have my scans & mp3s)
but thats all i know never got anymo information

and sixxness fire on the bayou compilation was released in 98 i got that in og its written on the backcover
and you right about bally b lol i remember back in the past when i thought bally b was alamo under a new name haha
The first album by MC L, I am still missing in my collection; (CD/Tape/Vinyl) that is still sealed. It can be found on eBay every 4-6 months, but it's never in the new condition. Good album though.

I always though that album was from 1999 from how it was labelled on the rip I was sent. Seems like it was released in the first month of 99 from the Amazon listings, although they could be wrong.

I remember when I first started trying to find their work, mixing up many similar names etc. It didn't help at the time with there being very limited information about them.

yeah it went for 3 bucks
Would have been better with the artwork. I've never been able to hear that album before, but was told by the other collector I know that it isn't too good.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2006
Heres an old ass interview of Crazy from Murder Dog Magazine

You just released an album on Ruff Era Records, is this your first album?

It's really my third album. I used to be in a group called Murder Inc. on Hard Head Records. We did two albums together, the first one was 'Playin For Keeps, the second was 'Let's Die Together.' It sold some units. Now I broke away from the group, everybody went solo. This is my first solo project, 'I Shed Tears For The World.'

Who handled the production on this album?

Ezell Swang did some music, he's real good. He's on that Houston flavor. Also Wydell, Mr.Sinister and White Boy Greg. I have Legend Man appearin on there, Mr.Sleep, Lyric on there. Lyric is an upcoming artist from a group called Breather Life. We're all from New Orleans.

What do you talk about in your lyrics?

On this album 'I Shed Tears For The World,' I talk about Black History, I take you back, what's goin on in the world, the president, the ozone layer. I go into all kinds of things. I got one song called 'Ballin Tonight,' that's a little something outta your fantasy, ballers spendin money, livin in mansions, you know how it is. Then 'Me And You' is about how me and my wife lived, ran wild, act crazy. Then 'Downtown' is just me representin where I'm from. Everybody, Cash Money, Master P, they're from Uptown, well I'm from Downtown. I wanna be the king of Downtown. I was born Uptown, but I moved Downtown, that's where I learned to sit back and be focused and just watch and keep it real.

Wasn't your wife also a member of Murder Inc.?

She was rappin with me, but she's not on this new album.

Are you still with the same label as before?

No, that's was Rodney Butler 'Smitty,' the owner of the old company, Redrum Records. He's deceased now, so I had to switch to a new company. Henry Glover is the CEO of my new company, Ruff Era.

Do you feel your record will make the people look closer at New Orleans?

Master P done blown the roof off New Orleans. Now it's time for us to really show how much talent there is in New Orleans. I wanna show that New Orleans rappers really can rap. It's not all about ballin and spendin money, it's about keepin it real. Like on my cover, representin lil' James Darby, that's the little boy who wrote to the President and then he got killed in the crossfire. That's what the picture on my cover represents. I just keep it real on the streets and in the music.

May 27, 2006
np about that fire on the bayou sixxness
thats wassup with mp3s they often misnamed, got false infos and so on
amazon has some false releasedates too
on the cd, backcover and inlay it says 98

but u might b right and it was pressed in the late 98 so it has this date on it but they first could release it in the early 99 dunno 4 sure
just to let you know on the artwork it says 98

and i got both the l albums on hardhead records still in og also playin 4 keeps (all 3 in perfect condition) but as i said i really love these 3 cds so i dont think i will ever sell em
but its not sealed so doesnt matter for you anyway but im sure you will find it
if u was talkin about first mc l cd on bally boy records i would ask the ebay seller biggameboi he had that a few times sealed

and thanks lokee for this interview
great

May 27, 2006
was MC L ever part of the BALLY BOYZ? theres 4 dudes in the cover of their tape, who are they?
no they have nothing to do with murder inc
its a slaughterhouse records release (first label fila phil was on)

its produced by j ro j, ice mike, terrible t and l.o.g.
all lyrics by class tha player, rappin roy and l.o.g.

bally boy must be a nola term its often used there and u will find quite alot other dudes callin themself bally boys and have nothing to do with mc l and his label

i dunno exactly what bally boy does mean but prolly someone from the n.o. can tell us

Feb 13, 2008
ballys - is some kinda shoes popular in N.O.... am i right?
Yep! Ballys was the shit back in the day in N.O.!! If you had a pair of Ballys or Gucci's you was a G. Mostly dopeboys had em cause they sold for close to $300 a pair. And Gucci's was more than $300. But Ballys still get love in N.O. Nuthin but replicas out now though.

Ahhh... Bally Animals was my favorite!!!

Mar 20, 2008
No problem.

Would have been better with the artwork. I've never been able to hear that album before, but was told by the other collector I know that it isn't too good.
yeahi just wanted to check it out thats proly why it went or so cheao

but why did crazy & soulja slim have beef and did you think Master P tried to be like Suge bein that he signed crazy knowing there was some kind of beef leading to soulja slim got killed

May 26, 2008
Heres an old ass interview of Crazy from Murder Dog Magazine
Thanks, I've never seen this before.

np about that fire on the bayou sixxness
thats wassup with mp3s they often misnamed, got false infos and so on
amazon has some false releasedates too
on the cd, backcover and inlay it says 98

but u might b right and it was pressed in the late 98 so it has this date on it but they first could release it in the early 99 dunno 4 sure
just to let you know on the artwork it says 98
Yea, they can sometimes be misleading.

Lambo Ryda said:
i got both the l albums on hardhead records still in og also playin 4 keeps (all 3 in perfect condition) but as i said i really love these 3 cds so i dont think i will ever sell em but its not sealed so doesnt matter for you anyway but im sure you will find it if u was talkin about first mc l cd on bally boy records i would ask the ebay seller biggameboi he had that a few times sealed
I completed the set for ''Playin' For Keeps'' so don't need that one. I have noticed ''The L'' can be located sealed on Amazon.com.

Gary (bigggameboi) usually as the tape release. Thanks for mentioning him though for if I didn't know about him. [/COLOR][/B]

Thanks. Do you know why they had problems?

Last edited:
May 26, 2008
Murder Inc - Playin' For Keeps [Old Review]

Murder Incorporated comes with their debut EP on Hard Head Records.

The group consists of Crazy, Legend, Alamo, and MC L, The album features production by Precise, Cazel & Jazz, Roland & Gold Fingers.

1. "Playin For Keeps" has a nice up tempo beat sounds like that old mid 90’s type of shit that New Orleans was known for. Crazy starts this track out and flows pretty up tempo and consistent for the most part on his verse. Alamo follows up and she comes in pretty explosive and tight on her little verse. Legend comes in third on this track and spits a pretty good verse. MC L ends this one out and does it nicely good shit by him and overall a really tight track to pen things up on right here.

2. "Silence Me" has a real laid back slow beat sounds like some living everyday life type stuff. The track is produced by Legend and he comes in with the first verse and it aint bad the hook is followed and is some singing on the laid back tip. Alamo comes in next and drops a solid verse on her part. Crazy comes with the last verse and its pretty average. The song then ends out with the hook and some shout outs.

3. "Hard Head Cemetery" has a eerie type beat sounds like some ghost town shit. Alamo starts this track out and she pretty much blows it up from front to back on her verse. MC L and Crazy are up next with their verses and they are both pretty on point and have you getting in to them. Track just ends out with some talking about the Hard Head Cemetery.

4. "Down South (Radio)" this beat is really laid back sounds like tht great summer good times shit done by Precise. The hook on this one is another on of them good laid back singing type hooks good shit on that part. The whole INC. comes pretty good on this track a classic track right here that keeps your head bobbin and remembering the good old shit from the NO.

5. "Down South(Street)" Just the dirty street version right here.

6. "Interlude I" a little interlude with them seeing some fool they bout to dump on.

7. "187 Real" has another real dark down gritty beat sounds like some more early 90’s shit the NO was known for. Alamo starts this track off and she comes pretty on point just like she has pretty much all throughout this one. Crazy follows up and does his job on the verse pretty tight shit. Legend comes in on the third verse and another good addition to this track on his part. MC L ends this out once again and some more talking to end this track out on.

8. "Interlude II" just continues off the last interlude...fool gets blasted....

9. "Barrel Of A Hard Head" another real laid back beat sounds like some video game music. Crazy starts this track off and some more of the same type flows on his part. The hook on this one is pretty on point its done by Legend and he comes in with the second verse on this track. Alamo comes with the third verse and she comes good once again.

10. "Mr. President" has mid tempo style beat nothing too great on the production. This is the last track on the album and it basically speaking on real life terms. This track seems a little similiar to a Pac track but in their own way. Overall not a bad track to end it on this classic EP.

Overall the production on this album handled by Precise, Legend, Cazel & Jazz was pretty tight and gives you the classic N.O. feel. The group consists of some great artists such as Legend, Alamo, Crazy, and MC L who are all underground N.O. legends.

The only one who still seems to be around is Crazy who is now on No Limit Records. This album sounds similar to a lot of early 90’s N.O. albums and closely similar to Big Boy Records work. So if you were feeling those albums you need to get your hands on this if you can find it.