Morton leaves MMA debut on stretcher

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 7, 2007
Former USC and NFL wide receiver Johnnie Morton was carted out of the ring on a stretcher wearing a neckbrace after his professional mixed martial arts debut at the Los Angeles Colisseum, the site of his college football success.

Morton, who had trained for two months for the fight, walked into a big right hook from the Ivory Coast's Bernard Ackah, who was in his second professional fight. The fight was stopped at 38 seconds of the first round.
Morton was clearly ill-prepared to be fighting on a major professional show, put on by Japanese promotion K-1. He rushed out with wild punches, demonstrated little in the way of skills or defense, and generally looked like he belonged on a local club show.

The Torrance, Ca. resident was responding to paramedics before he was taken out of the ring. watch the Video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no-qv-KdIU4

WTF was he thinkin? lesson here is?. Catch passes not Big right hooks to the chin. Passes dont hurt to catch while big right hooks to the chin do. Hope he dont fight no mo afta this.

Jan 2, 2004
Johnny Morton is gay, for real. Matt Millen called him gay one time when they met at Ford Field, and dude got really offended, and he always seemed sorta efeminate..

I'm not sure if he really is gay, but he took it hard. He even challenged Millen to a fight on the radio out here a few weeks back.. Millen would probably take him. lol.

May 10, 2002
Just cuz you're a good ATHLETE doesn't mean you're a good fighter... some of these professional athletes think they can do it all.. that ego got put in check! Hope he's ok though

Jul 24, 2005
mane morton looked juice up but by the way it noway he should have gotten cleared to fight his first mma in that kind of an event he should have started on one of the smaller shows

Apr 7, 2007
The Anti-Vidual said:
He did great, he'll get em' next time. *Thumbs up*
I doubt he will ever fight again and doin great aint gettin knocked out in the first 38 seconds i coulda lasted longer than that but thats cuz i like fighting and it dont hurt to get hit and i like pain