Modern Warfare 2 mega thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
i wasnt too happy when i bought the resurgence pack and they arent apart of map rotations...i rarely play search and destroy....i do team deathmatch and free for all

oh well...hopefully soon they will be used....im gettin bored with the game

Jan 9, 2009
YOU CANT GET TOTALLY RIPPED BRO.. SMOKE HALF..
PUT IT OUT RIGHT BEFORE YOU START GETTIN RIGHT.

I GO WITH A SMALL CAPPUCINO. JUST ENOUGH TO GET YOU FEELIN IT
BUT NOT TOO MUCH TO MAKE YOU FEEL ALL CRACKED OUT.
JUST ALERT.
GREAT FOR THE COTTON MOUTH. FEELS GOOD MAN.

DONT SMOKE AGAIN UNTIL YOU HAVE CONSECUTIVE GAMES WHERE YOUR KILLS OUTNUMBER YOUR DEATHS. PREFERABLY YOU DONT SMOKE UNTIL YOUR KILLS DOUBLE YOUR DEATHS...
THAT WAY WHEN YOURE DONE AND YOU SEE YOUR NAME AT THE TOP YOURE SMOKING LOOKING AT THE SCREEN LIKE:

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
i dont smoke...ive tried to smoke a cig while playing but its fuckin insane...i have my stick sensitivity maxed..so i cant hold a cig in my hand otherwise the shit wont aim...i drink when i play....at first im hella good.....then im just terrible..by then though its time to turn the shit off

Oct 9, 2008
Peep this article... COD is my shit but if they start with this bullshit i think ima be done with the franchise and move on to something else!

If the videogame industry is going to rebound from its decline in software sales, publishers will need to look at monetizing online multiplayer, said Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter in his latest investor report.

Pachter believes one of the main reasons software sales for PS3 and Xbox 360 are down year-over-year is due to gamers continuing to log substantial hours into a handful of online games and not picking up new titles regularly.

"We estimate that a total of 12 million consumers are playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for an average of 10 hours per week on the two platforms' respective networks, and the continued enjoyment of this game (along with an estimated 6 million Halo online players, 3 million EA Sports players, and 5 million players playing other games, such as Battlefield, Red Dead Redemption, Left 4 Dead and Grand Theft Auto) has sucked the available time away from what otherwise would be spent playing newly purchased games," he said.

Pachter also noted that Activision needs to make the first move with multiplayer charges, and expects we could see something with Call of Duty: Black Ops, set for release this November.

"We think that it is incumbent upon Activision, with the most popular multiplayer game, to take the first step to address monetization of multiplayer," said Pachter. "It is too early to tell whether that will be a monthly subscription, tournament entry fees, microtransaction fees, or a combination of all three, but we expect to see the company take some action by year-end, when Call of Duty Black Ops launches."

Pachter says he expects the publisher will apply a World of Warcraft-like business model to its Call of Duty franchise. Activision will likely continue to offer some form a free multiplayer for awhile, he says, but notes that it's imperative the company capitalizes on the estimated 4 billion hours of time spent online since the launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

"We are quick to point out that the average single player game has an expected play time of under 30 hours, suggesting that a staggering 133 million units of equivalent game play have been spent (so far) playing Call of Duty online, with Activision only seeing revenues from the original 20 million units sold, plus an estimated 8 million map packs sold," he added.

Activision hasn't been shy in the past about its intentions for some of its key franchises. The publisher has said several times it's looking at new online business models for Call of Duty and Guitar Hero.

In a recent interview, Activision CEO Bobby Kotick also made his displeasure known over closed online networks such as Xbox Live.

"We've heard that 60 per cent of [Microsoft's] subscribers are principally on Live because of Call of Duty," said Kotick. "We don't really participate financially in that income stream. We would really like to be able to provide much more value to those millions of players playing on Live, but it's not our network."

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
yeah..i wont be buying a subscription to play multiplayer call of duty....jesus christ lets see how this works out

pay for the internet, some pay for LIVE on top of that...next pay for the subscription to play multiplayer functions online....to some that can get quite pricey for recreation time

i dont think multiplayer is hurting sales of other games...i still go and buy other games...however most games dont focus on long term, they want your money now not later....most games are short even MW2 single player was.....without multiplayer i dont think i would even bother with that game....

heres a tip to the gaming industry...make a quality lasting product and you might see an improvement but fact is most games suck and only a select few per year are great....i still play assassins creed 2...i still play god of war 3.....red dead redemption etc.....i dont have many games for my ps3 but when you figure 20 games and of those 5 or 6 were great and still have replay value or multiplayer...i mean christ what the hell am i supposed to do with HEAVY RAIN??? i platinum'd that....now what??? that game has no online support....awesome game but literally no replay value and this statement can be found in many many more games

i hope we as gamers take a stand against this...if not how much further will they take it?

Mar 13, 2003
im with you on that if this is the case im done with the COD series (multiplayer wise) but it definetly isnt gonna encourage me to purchase different games, i mean come on a lot of games IMO havent been delivering what you would expect...

Oct 9, 2008
Yea i think the whole plan is bullshit! I think its funny how activision talks bout how they don't make money off of online!?!? HELLO? What about the 8 million map packs they sold for $15 a pop, cryin bout how they aint makin money off of online! GTFO! I pay for internet, i pay for online, i pay for xbox live, i buy the game and i even pay $15 for these stupid ass map packs and now they wanna do a subscription fee?? Fuck that! I draw the line there and i hope everyone else does the same until there lil scheme backfires and fails! I'm wondering if i should even put in a pre-order for black-ops now?

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
at this point i don't really care if call of duty becomes pay to play online, i'll just stop playing it

there's plenty of other games coming out to keep me playing - fallout new vegas, gran turismo 5 and mortal kombat to name a few

call of duty isn't really necessary any more

May 31, 2007
Fuck, just read that other shit... Now im kinda worried that there gonna make LIVE like a homepage type thing (which the dashboard is) but that now we will have to subscribe to each of the games we wanna play on live as well.. What the fuck dude. They better cut the cost on LIVE then or get rid of it altogether. Isnt the PSN like that? its free right?

And on the other topic earlier in this thread maaaan I cant smoke at all and play video games.. I got blasted and me and my boy were playin Through the Fire And The Flames on Guitar Hero and I swoee to god I was fucking beasting. We felt like we were set on God Mode then our this came up at the end of the song and was like ... 18% and shit.. I was like WTF... Same goes for Halo and COD, I smoke any amount and my game suffers hardcore

Feb 12, 2006
www.chibangin.com
from what im reading and hearing people say, there will be a code that unlocks the online for free when u buy the game. it will just dick people who rent the game or buy it used. i buy all my games new so i wnt suffer but i understand people only wanting to rent getting pissed off for sure. i heard nhl 10 and college football 11 were both like this