Modding An Xbox?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
I just got a 360 last week and don't think its worth it. I got 7 games already cuz of gamestop and gohastings.com doing the buy 2 get 1 free thing. if u don't care about going online then of course modding would be good.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
advantages are you can just download games for free and burn them onto a dvd and play them, sometimes they leak on the internet even a week before they are released in stores.

disadvantages are you can't go on xbox live or your xbox will get shut down and also if something goes wrong with it like red rings of death then you can't send it back to microsoft to get it fixed for free because your warranty will be void

Oct 29, 2006
advantages are you can just download games for free and burn them onto a dvd and play them, sometimes they leak on the internet even a week before they are released in stores.

disadvantages are you can't go on xbox live or your xbox will get shut down and also if something goes wrong with it like red rings of death then you can't send it back to microsoft to get it fixed for free because your warranty will be void
they have a newer mod you dont get banned unless you dont stealth patch it rite or if you play a game early youll get banned.. id say its worth it you save alotta $... Everytime i burn a game tho i make my boy walk me through it cuz hes good with computers and im not tryna get banned

Jul 9, 2007
Its cat and mouse game. Even the newest mod will most likely get banned sooner or later. I got my first xbox banned last year so I just use that one for all my downloaded games and bought a new one for the few games I play online. I have spent like $450 for 2 xbox's but have over 175 games even at $40 a game that's thousands of dollars saved and like someone else said I play most games on my banned 360 atleast a week early.

Mar 9, 2003
Yup that's what my homie does too. Actually a lot of them have atleast 2 xboxs and a binder full of games. Shit's cool as fuck if you're into xbox.

Can you do that with the ps3 yet?

Jul 9, 2007
Not yet that I know of but there is people working on i but you would have to use blu-ray disc's and have a blu-ray burner even if they do get it hacked so it would cost a bit more.

Jan 7, 2004
Anyone want to put some details on how this all works.

*Where to download fames

*Whats the process of being able to put them on a dvd that can play in an Xbox

*Where to get Xbox modded @

I have never been interested but I also have never thought of getting a second xbox. There are a ton of games that I never play online, matter of fact there is probably only like 2-3 games I do play online.

Jul 9, 2007
Craigslist is all you need someone there will mod it for usually around $30 and people also sell the games there for about 5-7 bucks a game.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
you want an xbox or xbox 360 modded?

xbox (original ) - is great for roms/emulators ( old school games ) and since live has been discontinued for it who cares...also media center kicks ass

xbox 360 - the way to go is JTAG...but it requires a certain 360 manufactured before a certain date..i think it was 2006 was the last year for JTAG

you can flash your dvd drive on all 360 model's ( not sure about the newest slim build )
the newer the box the more it may cost, different security measures were added to prevent flashing on newer 2009 and up boxes...it can still be done just takes a little longer....make sure you flash the drive with the latest and greatest which would be xtreme LT....you will eventually get banned from live if you ever connect to it...hasnt happened to me yet....over a year with the flash...i dont play online though...i do go and buy DLC off the silver live membership...so far so good

finding the games can be easy...however make sure you have at least 16 gigs of hard drive available for unzipping the iso file... the game may be 6-7 gigs but when unzipped it doubles

also you will need DUAL LAYER DVD BURNER they arent too bad on price around 40-60 bucks....i have a external burner cost me 40 at frys electronics

the DVD's to burn the games cost though....its like 40 for 25 discs

i only use VERBATIM DVD+R DUAL LAYER DISCS.....ive had issues with other brands such as freezing and skipping...but like i said they cost a little more...but well worth it

next you will need an xbox 360 game burning program....

most people use IMG BURN and ABGX this is complicated for a beginner....i had so many issues with setting up it was a nightmare...xbox games have to be set at a specific data zone of 1,913,760 ...this is the 360 standard.....again it gets worse

i use a program that is simple and user friendly called COOKIES GAME BURNER...and it gets no easier...simply insert disc add your xbox 360 ISO game file...SET BURN SPEED TO 2X and click burn....in about 30 minutes your playing

I CANT STRESS ENOUGH THAT YOU BURN GAMES AT 2x SPEED it works....

ALSO...if you plan on just getting the flash and paying for the burned games make sure they are on a quality dvd such as VERBATIM DVD+DL disc and that has been verified before purchase

RAVAGE

-DaBadGuy-
Apr 25, 2002
FUBU Outlet
www.dogpile.com
you want an xbox or xbox 360 modded?

xbox (original ) - is great for roms/emulators ( old school games ) and since live has been discontinued for it who cares...also media center kicks ass

xbox 360 - the way to go is JTAG...but it requires a certain 360 manufactured before a certain date..i think it was 2006 was the last year for JTAG

you can flash your dvd drive on all 360 model's ( not sure about the newest slim build )
the newer the box the more it may cost, different security measures were added to prevent flashing on newer 2009 and up boxes...it can still be done just takes a little longer....make sure you flash the drive with the latest and greatest which would be xtreme LT....you will eventually get banned from live if you ever connect to it...hasnt happened to me yet....over a year with the flash...i dont play online though...i do go and buy DLC off the silver live membership...so far so good

finding the games can be easy...however make sure you have at least 16 gigs of hard drive available for unzipping the iso file... the game may be 6-7 gigs but when unzipped it doubles

also you will need DUAL LAYER DVD BURNER they arent too bad on price around 40-60 bucks....i have a external burner cost me 40 at frys electronics

the DVD's to burn the games cost though....its like 40 for 25 discs

i only use VERBATIM DVD+R DUAL LAYER DISCS.....ive had issues with other brands such as freezing and skipping...but like i said they cost a little more...but well worth it

next you will need an xbox 360 game burning program....

most people use IMG BURN and ABGX this is complicated for a beginner....i had so many issues with setting up it was a nightmare...xbox games have to be set at a specific data zone of 1,913,760 ...this is the 360 standard.....again it gets worse

i use a program that is simple and user friendly called COOKIES GAME BURNER...and it gets no easier...simply insert disc add your xbox 360 ISO game file...SET BURN SPEED TO 2X and click burn....in about 30 minutes your playing

I CANT STRESS ENOUGH THAT YOU BURN GAMES AT 2x SPEED it works....

ALSO...if you plan on just getting the flash and paying for the burned games make sure they are on a quality dvd such as VERBATIM DVD+DL disc and that has been verified before purchase
Good Shit explaining all that shit but you gatta B' hella good with computers to do all this shit and make it work. I good with computers but I know i wouldnt know how to do it so i never tried also Id probly get banned from live cuz I missed ah stealth update. And I aint having anouph cash to have 2 xbox360s id rathe have an xbox and PS3. Good shit if u know how to do this good luck if ur going to try....im cool.

Oct 29, 2006
simple as this....if you mod your box....dont bother with online gaming on LIVE because eventually you will be banned as MS does periodically check firmware
it depends how careful you are i havent got banned yet and i had it for a year just dont play any games early stealth patch your games and you might not get banned simple as that

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
it depends how careful you are i havent got banned yet and i had it for a year just dont play any games early stealth patch your games and you might not get banned simple as that
theres always a chance....

doesnt matter to me anymore....i turned my 360 on this morning and i was greeted by 3 flashing red rings.....