MOBB MUSIC IS DEAD!!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Gangsta Rap & Mob Music has and always will be popular in the hood where these things happen, that's their niche. The music's commercial appeal in the 80's & 90's (meaning it sold millions of records) came from the fact that it was shocking to middle america white kids to hear this stuff. Well that's worn off for a number of reasons so those numbers are gone.

But those that truly connect with street-inspired music that encompasses the deadly reality of the ghettos of America (even those of us who have seen much senseless violence and other tragedies) will always support it even if it sounds ignorant at times to our older and wiser minds, we have to remember that we were wild ass youngstas at one point too, and hopefully this generation will survive long enough to talk shit about the next generation of music. I'm just happy the voice of the streets is still being heard, if that's not your reality than you probably won't identify with the music. Period.

Want REAL mob music? By that I mean cats that rap about WHAT THEY LIVE??

Oct 19, 2004
Definite! Not only that, most independent artist / labels never let unbiased people hear and give actual opinions. Before releasing it to the masses (iTunes etc.) Even in here it can be pretty one sided at times with the exception of a few.

Too many artist run on the 2Pac syndrome. "I can do a song in ten minutes." First of all, what worked for artist like 2Pac may not work for artist like yourself (speaking in general.) It's just like going to school, some kids learn great & some need special ed, but in this underground rap scene there is a lot of denial. Yet, a lot have potential if they took their time to master their craft (producers included.)

Independent labels (artist / producers) need to stop tooting their own horn (just look in this thread, it's become a shameless plug to some. And that's not what the thread starter asked.) We need to humble ourselves (c'mon, it's not like most in here have made a million off this.) ..and run independent labels like the majors. Where songs are recorded and thoroughly listened to. Perhaps, re-worked at times, just trying to get the right sound (different unbiased opinions.)

Independents are quick to upload it on youtube, myspace, sent it off to get pressed etc. And at times comes the infamous line, "It's not mixed, or mastered right, but I just wanted an opinion." LMAO!!!! C'mon! When you order food at a restaurant does the chef / cook run out of the back with your meal halfway cooked and say, "It's not done, but I just wanted you to see how it's coming along." HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

A lot of you who downloaded or bought the 2Pac bootleg Makaveli Cd's (98 - 99) listened to songs from "All Eyez On Me" which had different verses, verses that didn't sound as confidant etc. That's a clear sign that it may have been recorded in 15 days (which may have also been a sales pitch from the Death Row Records), but there is no doubt what so ever that it was re-worked. They didn't release the first draft they recorded like most independents do today.
Realest shit said in this whole thread

Feb 8, 2003
I will say I feel "Sick Wit It" dominated the Mobb music era, but even since have changed.

As a artist your suppose to change. You cant sound the same and rap about the same shit for 20 years you wont last. you suppose to comedifferent on each album instead of duplicating the same album over and over again.

May 16, 2002
As a artist your suppose to change. You cant sound the same and rap about the same shit for 20 years you wont last. you suppose to comedifferent on each album instead of duplicating the same album over and over again.

I didn't mean that as a negative, Homie.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
i say different strokes 4 different folks. i had people suggest i roll with the hyphy movement but i declined cuz it wasnt me.
i am proud of my decision cuz i would have lost my natural fan base.
ask artists who come from the hood and change or crossover how they feel 2day. they have 2 work twice as hard. ask rappers like Nelly if being pushed 2 the industry plateau was good 4 his real life. let people be who they are.
when people tell me they dont feel mob music i can respect it. cuz they werent mobstas in the first place. i dont feel country music cuz im not country.
DIFFERENT STROKES 4 DIFFERENT FOLKS.that will never change. music on the radio sounds like u just walked into a gay club. mob music is 4 the underdogs in our society. why would real street niggas jeapordize their credibility trying 2 impress people younger than them?
there are plenty of artists 2 choose from nowdays. and many genres...if u aint with this real shit,keep it pushing.
THIS WEBSITE IS CALLED "THE LAST REMAINING SANCTUARY 4 GANGSTA RAP",right??
where is all this bubblegum gay shit comin from??
IM ON A RID THE SICCNESS OF SUCCAS CAMPAIGN....dont become a victim. GET WITH IT OR GET OUT THE WAY!! 100

I THINK PEOPLE NEED TO GO BACK TO MAKING QUALITY SONGS WITH ACTUALL CONCEPTS ... REMEMBER WHEN PEOPLE HAD 1 or 2 CLUB SONGS ON A CD .. NOW ITS LIKE A CLUB FUCKIN CD, AINT NOBODY PARTYING EVERYDAY, MAKIN MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, GETTIN RICH OFF COCAINE & RUNNIN THRU A GANG OF BITCHES EVERYDAY ALL DAY. ITS TOO MUCH EXAGGERATION IN RAP NOW.

Gemini said:
Too many artist run on the 2Pac syndrome. "I can do a song in ten minutes." First of all, what worked for artist like 2Pac may not work for artist like yourself (speaking in general.) It's just like going to school, some kids learn great & some need special ed, but in this underground rap scene there is a lot of denial. Yet, a lot have potential if they took their time to master their craft (producers included.)
SO TRUE

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
MOBB MUSIC IS NOT DEAD AND IF YOU COME UP WITH ONE MORE SUPER ESSAY ABOUT WHY SO THAT GEMINI CAN RESPOND TO IT WITH AN EVEN LONGER ESSAY IT DONT MATTER CAUSE MOBB MUSIC AINT DEAD AND NOBODYS GONNA READ THAT SHIT AND IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY I THING THIS LIKE MARS SAID EWARLIER

Two words. Apartment 3.

/end thread

Jul 5, 2009
I feel you but the thing is, niggas aint keepin the quality of the albums up. I could deal wit a lil decline but artists are fallin off a cliff wit the overwhelming majority of these albums.