MOBB MUSIC IS DEAD!!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 11, 2006
mobb music aint dead mayne...ya'll niggaz just listning to the wrong shit plus the mobb sound has evolved a lil u cant still want it to sound like the mid 90's can ya??? da fuck is wrong wid muthafuckers mayne?? ya'll niggaz listing to niggaz rhymes but not hearin what they spittin in em..hella pimp/gangster/mobb shit out there mayne...

Aug 20, 2005
it's called growing up and maturing. do you see where the rest of the world is today? cannibus bout to go legal in CA with other states to follow, tech is surpassing everybody and their mamas, the rich keep gettin richer as they develop new business' where the money flow to and everyone else is becoming obsolete... don't deny this. grow up.

Jul 5, 2009
It sucks that you just can't go to a music store and take chances on rappers you never heard of cause you know all the shit sounds the same now. The thing about that REAL mob shit is that it's like lookin for a needle...(you know the rest). Tracks like "Iconic" from C-Dubb are a perfect example of what mob shit is to me and you just don't find much of anything that sounds like Cali mob shit anymore. And like Dregs said, the beats are lackin big time. Now I don't know all that producer jargon, but step ya baselines up people!

May 16, 2002
It sucks that you just can't go to a music store and take chances on rappers you never heard of cause you know all the shit sounds the same now. The thing about that REAL mob shit is that it's like lookin for a needle...(you know the rest). Tracks like "Iconic" from C-Dubb are a perfect example of what mob shit is to me and you just don't find much of anything that sounds like Cali mob shit anymore. And like Dregs said, the beats are lackin big time. Now I don't know all that producer jargon, but step ya baselines up people!
That's exactly on point, thank you!

When I play some classic music around the house or in the car I catch my 8 year old son lip syncing and moving his arms around at times (which is great.) Yet, when a lot of newer stuff plays, he'll sit there and tell me, "Change it dad, this sucks."

Don't shoot the messenger, Folkz! :cool:

Nov 5, 2009
hey siccness im greatful for all the responses and everybody has put in some great input into the thread. my thought and feelings if anybody misunderstood is pretty much this. im just tyring to figure out why we as the bay or la or the west in general have strayed away from our identity within the music. to me we had a winning formula with our sound...that mobb sound was our sound. for example look at the south although they have evolved they still stick to their winning formula in their music they have a sound which is their platform. i have no problem with people evolving and growing but im confused because it seems as if we have just left behind our identiity, we left behind our foundation, the south never left their foundation and are continuing to win why have we left our foundation???? we obviously aint winning with what were doing so why not do what we do best??? why not keep our gangsta sound keep our mobb sounds as a foundation that allowed us to win. this has nothing to do with living in the hey days but everything to do with keeping our identity and continue to use and grow with something that is ours????

Oct 19, 2004
Man y'all sound like your parents when you were teenagers. Remember if you are in your 30's you prolly shouldn't be listening to or enjoying what teenagers and young adults are making. IT'S NOT FOR YOU!!!!!
Most of today's biggest artist are well into their 30's so what you're saying doesn't make sense to me.

I feel like Bay music changed for the worse and thats why its how it is today. Too much tryna follow the same formula (mac dre) instead of sticking to what made them successful in the first place. It was wrap once that happened cuz rappers started going away from who they were to become someone else and thats when the Bay lost its whole identity.

Oct 19, 2004
hey siccness im greatful for all the responses and everybody has put in some great input into the thread. my thought and feelings if anybody misunderstood is pretty much this. im just tyring to figure out why we as the bay or la or the west in general have strayed away from our identity within the music. to me we had a winning formula with our sound...that mobb sound was our sound. for example look at the south although they have evolved they still stick to their winning formula in their music they have a sound which is their platform. i have no problem with people evolving and growing but im confused because it seems as if we have just left behind our identiity, we left behind our foundation, the south never left their foundation and are continuing to win why have we left our foundation???? we obviously aint winning with what were doing so why not do what we do best??? why not keep our gangsta sound keep our mobb sounds as a foundation that allowed us to win. this has nothing to do with living in the hey days but everything to do with keeping our identity and continue to use and grow with something that is ours????
I think its because bay music changed instead evolving. The whole sound look and feel of the music changed into something completely different (hyphy) instead of evolving from what was already there. When you change instead of evolve you lose your identity.

Feb 13, 2004
Hyphy killed us even when Mac Dre was doing it. If you think about it the music he was doing wasn't all that good. Don't get me wrong I liked some of his Hyphy songs. I mean who doesn't like feelin myself.

Jan 30, 2004
myspace.com
i stopped listenin back in 93,95 to bay music it sucks no originality i like jt dwellin in the lab cougnut old school nikatina rbl everything after that era is OK..But i love dirty south music paul wall,36 mafia plies n shit music is slappin too many rappers now adays tho its fuckin retarded

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
i stopped listenin back in 93,95 to bay music it sucks no originality i like jt dwellin in the lab cougnut old school nikatina rbl everything after that era is OK..But i love dirty south music paul wall,36 mafia plies n shit music is slappin too many rappers now adays tho its fuckin retarded
You stopped listening to bay music for lack of creativity and.. started listening to southern rap?:confused:

Apr 25, 2002
man except for stalin's cupcake tracks, everything livewire puts out is mobb shit. also town thizzness, and ptb. its all that next generation town mobb shit jus like 3x dru down luniz cydal delinquents black dynasty all that. the town stay mobbin

May 15, 2003
That's exactly on point, thank you!

When I play some classic music around the house or in the car I catch my 8 year old son lip syncing and moving his arms around at times (which is great.) Yet, when a lot of newer stuff plays, he'll sit there and tell me, "Change it dad, this sucks."

Don't shoot the messenger, Folkz! :cool:
i agree, but i think its because of this... technology is so advanced today that literally ANYONE can make a cd, even if they know nothing about music. meanwhile the talented producers want money to make the songs good, but the people would rather just make a shitty beat themselves cause they dont wanna pay, and they have no idea what theyre doing, but bad production is whats popular anyways, so theyre just like "fuck it". i dont think that 90's mobb music will ever be as popular as it was, but i think true fans of it will still make it and some of them are bound to be good.

May 16, 2002
i agree, but i think its because of this... technology is so advanced today that literally ANYONE can make a cd, even if they know nothing about music. meanwhile the talented producers want money to make the songs good, but the people would rather just make a shitty beat themselves cause they dont wanna pay, and they have no idea what theyre doing, but bad production is whats popular anyways, so theyre just like "fuck it". i dont think that 90's mobb music will ever be as popular as it was, but i think true fans of it will still make it and some of them are bound to be good.
Definite! Not only that, most independent artist / labels never let unbiased people hear and give actual opinions. Before releasing it to the masses (iTunes etc.) Even in here it can be pretty one sided at times with the exception of a few.

Too many artist run on the 2Pac syndrome. "I can do a song in ten minutes." First of all, what worked for artist like 2Pac may not work for artist like yourself (speaking in general.) It's just like going to school, some kids learn great & some need special ed, but in this underground rap scene there is a lot of denial. Yet, a lot have potential if they took their time to master their craft (producers included.)

Independent labels (artist / producers) need to stop tooting their own horn (just look in this thread, it's become a shameless plug to some. And that's not what the thread starter asked.) We need to humble ourselves (c'mon, it's not like most in here have made a million off this.) ..and run independent labels like the majors. Where songs are recorded and thoroughly listened to. Perhaps, re-worked at times, just trying to get the right sound (different unbiased opinions.)

Independents are quick to upload it on youtube, myspace, sent it off to get pressed etc. And at times comes the infamous line, "It's not mixed, or mastered right, but I just wanted an opinion." LMAO!!!! C'mon! When you order food at a restaurant does the chef / cook run out of the back with your meal halfway cooked and say, "It's not done, but I just wanted you to see how it's coming along." HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

A lot of you who downloaded or bought the 2Pac bootleg Makaveli Cd's (98 - 99) listened to songs from "All Eyez On Me" which had different verses, verses that didn't sound as confidant etc. That's a clear sign that it may have been recorded in 15 days (which may have also been a sales pitch from the Death Row Records), but there is no doubt what so ever that it was re-worked. They didn't release the first draft they recorded like most independents do today.