MOBB MUSIC IS DEAD!!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 5, 2009
look it hurts me to even put this up if im wrong please prove me wrong...everybody say the keepin it mobb but aint nobody really doing that...mobb music is our identity, its gangsta shit, hustlin shit, pimped out playa shit, mac shit....and unfortunately to me its dead. the one thing people outside of our region actually respected us for is what we have stopped creating. maybe its just me, maybe im old fashioned but, but that was the shit that maded everybody bite our style now were trying to imitate everyone else it seems. but hey let me know what you think siccness!!!

May 16, 2002
A lot of you are misunderstanding what the tread starter is asking. Or are clearly in denial. That's like going to the flea market and buying your kid a Spider-man action figure. Only this one is called, "Man-Spider" & looks kinda like Spider-man, but it's not quite it.

Everybody is coming in with replies like, "My homies, Me and My Homies, so and so..." Granted, you guy's are staying real to yourselves (or whatever your reason is), so please don't misunderstand me.

BUT!!!!! Exclusive Music hit the nail on the head in this thread with his statement. "It will just be over looked and never be popular as it was at one time."

And that my friends, is the harsh reality.

Dec 25, 2003
The masses even alotta grown men who used to bump that old E-40, Celly Cel, Mac Mall, Spice 1, Mac Dre, RBL, etc. rather switch their listenin preferances & bump 50, Game, Lil Wayne, Drake, Rick Ross, Gucci, Soulja Boy, Lil B LMAO!!! than the original uncut mobb music that made them bump then they were younger oh well fuck em but hey!!; times change as people change too & those vintage days will very very very unlikely return just like everything else that occurred thruout our history... All we can say is we can just accept this as a piece of Bay rap history cuz of the huge stamp they left......

May 16, 2002
^^^^

True, I'll actually bump some "Click: Game Related", "Richie Rich: Half Thang & Seasoned Veteran." "D-Shot: Six Figures" etc before I even bump some of the newer stuff. A lot of the newer material coming out of the Bay is not that tight to me, sorry.

May 15, 2003
times change and music changes too, you dont see any lounge singers on mtv, or funk bands or whatever, but music is just music, someone can revive that shit whenever they want, theres still people out there listening to lounge singers, so if someone decided to be one and was good, the fans of the genre would appreciate it. if people are only bumping shit because its popular than theyre brainwashed, but thats another story...

May 16, 2002
This is the shit I'm talking about. It's so Classic to me and yet untouchable. Sorry, nothing in 2010 is coming close to this and it's era IMHO.