MOB MUSIC APPRECIATION THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
Your saying mob Is beat based not lyric based , but then you say 40 invented it.
Ideas are ideas, regardless of who put them to wax....40 had a sound he wanted to use, and the producer made it happen. Watch the video about what he says...

Read that again and you'll see ur being illogical how can 40 invent the sound beatswise and he is a rapper. What you mean to say, again, is Mike mosley invented the sound.
Seeing as Studio Tone was his producer...and he was one of the pioneers...you do the math.

Mob shit is beat and lyric based together to make the mob sound not one without the other. U can't have a mosley beat and sing Christmas carols over it and still be mobb, that's what being only beat based would b,again illogical. Mob shit is whatever is mobby , influenced by the pioneers but not limited to only their sound...
Again, no it isnt. You STILL havent defined mob music. All you have shown so far is mob music = Nor Cal gangsta rap. Thats it. You have shown no distinction otherwise. Are you saying that mobb is the norcal version of g-funk (SoCal sound)?

When someone says mobb shit over their shit it's their view of mobb shit influenced by the pioneers but not limited to their sound.....
So you basically just exposed your whole idea right there...you are saying its 100% subjective to the artist? Yeah...thats not how life works. See, things are categorized throughout life, not just music, so we as humans can identify what it is. Birds, cars, articles of clothing, etc. Sub genres of music work exactly the same way.

Literally, about 10% of what you posted music wise in this thread is real, actual mobb music. Are you going to tell me that the sky is purple and the ocean is red next?

Im done with this subject. Have fun being wrong.

Apr 25, 2002
Your saying mob Is beat based not lyric based , but then you say 40 invented it. Read that again and you'll see ur being illogical how can 40 invent the sound beatswise and he is a rapper. What you mean to say, again, is Mike mosley invented the sound.

Mob shit is beat and lyric based together to make the mob sound not one without the other. U can't have a mosley beat and sing Christmas carols over it and still be mobb, that's what being only beat based would b,again illogical. Mob shit is whatever is mobby , influenced by the pioneers but not limited to only their sound...

When someone says mobb shit over their shit it's their view of mobb shit influenced by the pioneers but not limited to their sound.....

Mob shit bitch

i think he meant 40 coined the term. listen to Heat 4 Yo Azz. "droppin the bomb nigga, mobb beats fo yo azz". there's an interview from years back, probably Murder Dog where they was sayin when 40 and Cel was in the studio when they was recording the Heat 4 Yo Azz album that 40 was sayin the beats were mobb, shit for your trunk. it was separate from the LA based g-funk shit at the time (talkin bout the same g shit) and separate from the jazzy shit at the time. the term "mobb" back then meant car. no one probably calls there car a mobb no more unless they say they're mobbin around. it really had nothing to do with the lyrics. the term mobb nowadays has to do with the lyrics. My Opinion is a straight mobb beat. the lyrics weren't mobb/g at all.

Jul 19, 2007
Ideas are ideas, regardless of who put them to wax....40 had a sound he wanted to use, and the producer made it happen. Watch the video about what he says...

Seeing as Studio Tone was his producer...and he was one of the pioneers...you do the math.

Again, no it isnt. You STILL havent defined mob music. All you have shown so far is mob music = Nor Cal gangsta rap. Thats it. You have shown no distinction otherwise. Are you saying that mobb is the norcal version of g-funk (SoCal sound)?

So you basically just exposed your whole idea right there...you are saying its 100% subjective to the artist? Yeah...thats not how life works. See, things are categorized throughout life, not just music, so we as humans can identify what it is. Birds, cars, articles of clothing, etc. Sub genres of music work exactly the same way.

Literally, about 10% of what you posted music wise in this thread is real, actual mobb music. Are you going to tell me that the sky is purple and the ocean is red next?

Im done with this subject. Have fun being wrong.
Once again your talking way out of context , all that birds and bees talk is all bullshit. And I have defined mob , doesn't seem like u comprehend well, music influenced by the pioneers of the mobb sound but not limited to their sound. If it sounds mobby and influenced by them, especially without carrying on a wannabe generic sound like YOU want them too, then it's mobb and it's on them as they view it and want to swag it how they want, not you, or for u to say that's not mobb.

Since u called quits on this debate imma just post up a poll and let the people choose who's right, one song u posted and one song I did...

Mob shit beitch

Aug 28, 2015
Fresno,Ca
WWW.KILLATAYCAPONE.COM
ONLY A SMALL AMOUNT OF ARTISTS AND PRODUCERS MASTERED THE MOBB SOUND. EVER. WHICH MAKES IT MORE AND MORE CLASSIC 2 ME. WE HAVE 2 ACCEPT THAT THOSE YEARS WERE FULL OF HISTORICAL MAGIC THAT WON'T BE DUPLICATED. EVER. WHEN U INVENT YOUR OWN SOUND, IT IS WHAT IT IS...AND WHEN ITS MOBBY ITS JUST ITS OWN LEVEL. ONE THING WE ALL SHOULD HAVE IN COMMON HERE IS WE "LOVE" GOOD MUSIC. IT EITHER IS OR ITS NOT. MOBB MUSIC IS PRETTY MUCH ITS OWN GENRE AT THIS POINT. GANGSTA RAP IS A TERM THAT I DONT THINK A BLK MAN CAME UP WITH.
#MOBBIN

Jul 19, 2007
ONLY A SMALL AMOUNT OF ARTISTS AND PRODUCERS MASTERED THE MOBB SOUND. EVER. WHICH MAKES IT MORE AND MORE CLASSIC 2 ME. WE HAVE 2 ACCEPT THAT THOSE YEARS WERE FULL OF HISTORICAL MAGIC THAT WON'T BE DUPLICATED. EVER. WHEN U INVENT YOUR OWN SOUND, IT IS WHAT IT IS...AND WHEN ITS MOBBY ITS JUST ITS OWN LEVEL. ONE THING WE ALL SHOULD HAVE IN COMMON HERE IS WE "LOVE" GOOD MUSIC. IT EITHER IS OR ITS NOT. MOBB MUSIC IS PRETTY MUCH ITS OWN GENRE AT THIS POINT. GANGSTA RAP IS A TERM THAT I DONT THINK A BLK MAN CAME UP WITH.
#MOBBIN
I feel u. That nigga fuked up this thread w that elitist bullshit technical fuckery, keep em coming yall

Post whatever u feel is mobby ..

Last edited:
May 9, 2002
And I have defined mob , doesn't seem like u comprehend well, music influenced by the pioneers of the mobb sound but not limited to their sound. If it sounds mobby and influenced by them, especially without carrying on a wannabe generic sound like YOU want them too, then it's mobb and it's on them as they view it and want to swag it how they want, not you, or for u to say that's not mobb.

h
lol...thats not an explanation of a specific trait or sound. Hella fail breh

May 9, 2002
i think he meant 40 coined the term. listen to Heat 4 Yo Azz. "droppin the bomb nigga, mobb beats fo yo azz". there's an interview from years back, probably Murder Dog where they was sayin when 40 and Cel was in the studio when they was recording the Heat 4 Yo Azz album that 40 was sayin the beats were mobb, shit for your trunk. it was separate from the LA based g-funk shit at the time (talkin bout the same g shit) and separate from the jazzy shit at the time. the term "mobb" back then meant car. no one probably calls there car a mobb no more unless they say they're mobbin around. it really had nothing to do with the lyrics. the term mobb nowadays has to do with the lyrics. My Opinion is a straight mobb beat. the lyrics weren't mobb/g at all.
I think this best sums up this whole debate. To me, mobb will always be early-mid 90's bloom-blam-blumbble (as 40 would say). Thats the sound i know and call mobb and only call mobb. If people are calling every Nor Cal rapper not on some "back pack" shit "mobb", then thats news to me. Like i said, i know what true mobb is.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2007
I think this best sums up this whole debate. To me, mobb will always be early-mid 90's bloom-blam-blumbble (as 40 would say). Thats the sound i know and call mobb and only call mobb. If people are calling every Nor Cal rapper not on some "back pack" shit "mobb", then thats news to me. Like i said, i know what true mobb is.
To sum up the whole debate is you being a zero on the polls, u quit the debate as a zero, and comprehension skills zero. Might want to contact sickness mods and Chang your name to zero