MOB MUSIC APPRECIATION THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 19, 2007
Uhhh it has nothing to do with what i "consider" mobb...mobb is what it is, and those songs are not mobb. Mobb is a specific sound...like any other sub genre of music. Youre posting gangsta shit as mobb shit, but they arent mutually inclusive. Mobb IS a very specific sound, and it has to do with the beat. Here are some examples of real classic mobb shit:

To me, the fodfather of Mobb is Mike Mosely/Same Bostic, and Studio Tone comes a very close second. From there, K-Lou and Stevie Dee picked up on it and they used a lot of mobb elements in their sounds, but werent copy cats. Johnny Z was also a very underrated as a mobb music maker.
Nowhere in this thread said anything about 'CLASSIC ' mobb music, u just assumed that. U are posting the obvious shit all from the 90's , and if u thought that's were that sound ended then that's on u. I'm posting a mix of that sound newer and older. Everyone knows Mike mosley and bostic and tone are the creators and Ken franklin and Bosco after and so on, your jus stating the obvious. Gangsta shit can be mobb too depending on how it sounds bru, I know the mob sound no need to school nobody homie,

May 9, 2002
Nowhere in this thread said anything about 'CLASSIC ' mobb music, u just assumed that. U are posting the obvious shit all from the 90's , and if u thought that's were that sound ended then that's on u. I'm posting a mix of that sound newer and older. Everyone knows Mike mosley and bostic and tone are the creators and Ken franklin and Bosco after and so on, your jus stating the obvious. Gangsta shit can be mobb too depending on how it sounds bru, I know the mob sound no need to school nobody homie,
Classic mobb is the ONLY mobb music there is. All that other shit is just gangsta rap.

So basically what yore saying is any song talkin about g shit is mobb music? Yeah...no. Or are you saying that any NorCal/Bay artist talkin about g shit is mobb? If so, thats not correct at all.

Jul 19, 2007
Classic mobb is the ONLY mobb music there is. All that other shit is just gangsta rap.

So basically what yore saying is any song talkin about g shit is mobb music? Yeah...no. Or are you saying that any NorCal/Bay artist talkin about g shit is mobb? If so, thats not correct at all.
Saying only classic mob is the only mob is hilarious, . What your trying to say but cant say is classic mob is the only real classic mob and the other mob is just mob shit, your talking way out of context. if everyone thought like u, there wouldn't even be mobb music in the 1st place. Like I had said gangsta music can be mob based on the sound your talking way out of context and u sound like an elitist. I posted a cbo song which is strictly a newer mob song but mob as fuck. Then another messy marv song where he's saying mobb shit in the intro, so ur saying messy marv and cbo don't know whar mob shit is but Fucky fuckerson does

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
Blasphemous without any mention of 5150 lol... Their sound was always quite unique and distinguishable from the rest of the Bay. Classic all the way through and in particular these songs. Timeless music

Props: BO$$ and BO$$