MLB : THE SHOW / Other MLB Games (2014)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I've skipped the show for the last 3 years but I might cop the one this year. I have mlb 2k12 which was pretty decent. I liked the way that the 2k series treats player progression and prospects. It may not have been realistic when you're playing a franchise and you find a prospect with a ton of potential that they end up being really good, but on the show, if they aren't already a good player they will pretty much never be regardless of what their player card says. I enjoy the GM side of playing 2k as much as the gameplay itself.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
another one of the reasons i am excited to have a playstation. really excited to finally be able to play the show. if the game looks anything like the screenshots its gonna look amazing. the changes to the road to show mode seem like a step in the right direction as well. my only complaint with the older games was just how long it took to get to the majors. i would have a guy who had 30 bombs, 20 stolen bases, hitting over .300 and would be in the minors for like 5 years.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Pretty legit that you can continue your player from the show 14 to 15. I hated getting really good with a player then the next years game comes out, and you have to start all over. I with NBA 2k would do that.

I think I'm going to cop the show in the next few days

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i never fully finished a season but bought it every year except last year drops in a month for ps4 havent seen any footage other than a couple pictures
i was thinking the same thing today. for a game only a month away you would think there would be some footage out there. hope it isnt a sign that the game isnt living up to those screenshots

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I rented The Show today. I have a buy 2 get 1 free at Gamestop so I'm gonna wait til someone trades that crap in I guess and get 2 other games with it but glad I was able to rent it today at least.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
played one full game of the show 14 so far, I'm feelin it. I really like that you can customize it so much. Someone who's never played baseball before can pick it up and play pretty easily, or it can be damn near as hard as literally playing the game. Very real feel to it, great graphics. I didn't play 12 or 13 though, keep that in mind.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
The 2k series was getting worse in a lot of ways which I can't understand. I still think 2k5 is the best baseball game I've ever played but I haven't played The Show 14 enough yet. I have a feeling this game will finally surpass 2k5 as my personal favorite.