Master P's Impala on Ebay

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
<-----Likes caprices better than Imps. But the perpetrating is bullshit. And LMAO at $90K being put into that thing. Maybe if you include the gas thats been put in it over the past 17 years.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
Depends on where you're registered. Both my Caprice titles said Caprice/Impala since Impala isn't really a different car, more like an option.

Isn't it sort of the other way around? I was under the impression that the caprice was originally a luxury package on the imp. I dunno what the differences were in '94, but back in the late 60's thats how it was. My '69 caprice has original power windows and seats and vaccuum door locks. I didn't even know they made power seats in '69.

EDIT:
Wikipedia said:
The Caprice was very well received during its abbreviated first year. Essentially a luxury package for the Impala four-door hardtop, the 1965 Caprice included a firmer suspension, higher-grade cloth and vinyl seat and door trim (as well as thicker, higher-grade carpeting), walnut trim on the dashboard and door panels, pull straps on the doors and extra convenience lights. A full vinyl roof was optional.

For 1966, the Caprice was expanded into a full top-line series including a two-door hardtop with a squared-off formal roofline (in contrast to the Impala/SS coupe's fastback roof).

Apr 3, 2008
Depends on where you're registered. Both my Caprice titles said Caprice/Impala since Impala isn't really a different car, more like an option.
My impala title says impala on it.. doesnt say caprice anywhere... and his dont say Caprice/Impala it says straight up Caprice.. and if it was a real SS it would say that too... otherwise wheres the proof.. without that its a clone..

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
WTF??? the pink slip says its a caprice.. not an imp...
Same thing. The difference is in the minor things like the grill and spoiler. The big difference is the beefier suspension package that the Impala gets from the police version. The anti-sway bars in front and rear are a thicker gauge, the springs and shocks are stiffer, and the rear axle is moved 3/4 of an inch forward to prevent wheel hop and help the car hook up better from a dig. I'm sure I'm telling you shit you already know, but it doesn't have to say Impala or Caprice specifically to be legally correct.

My impala title says impala on it.. doesnt say caprice anywhere... and his dont say Caprice/Impala it says straight up Caprice.. and if it was a real SS it would say that too... otherwise wheres the proof.. without that its a clone..
There are plenty of stories about folks buying "real" Impala's, only to find out they have a Caprice all the way down to the smaller anti-sway bars. There is one character difference in the VIN that distinguishes an Impala from a Caprice. It's the "P" that establishes that a Caprice has an Impala upgrade package, but it is still essentially a Caprice. It is legal to sell a car with an Impala/Caprice title and not succumb to vehicle fraud. There is no title distinction between the SS package or the Impala and Caprice moniker's for these cars.

It's on the potential buyer to know these things and to look for them. It is not, however, on the seller to distinguish whether or not he upgraded the Caprice to Impala specs, or just simply changed the grill and spoiler to mimic the more popular Impala model.

BTW, this car has been for sale on eBay for at least 4 years. And I can tell you from the offset of the rear wheel that this car has at least the forwarded rear axle which probably means it has the Impala trim, but at this point in the customization, there's no telling, nor does it really matter. Also, on the VIN you'll see the letter "P" which means it is in fact an Impala SS trimmed Caprice.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
Alll the haters you can tell never owned a impala, you tell a impala by a option code, and "bn" for the 94 year.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
What year? This only applies to 94-96.

The proof is in the RPO codes.