Martial arts

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 11, 2006
I'm pretty dope with nunchucks, traditional and speed chucks, here's some of mine, 2 foam for practice, mini hard wood, 2 octagon wood with rope, 3 hardwood ball bearing, and 2 speed chucks, I made the speed chucks you can buy speed chucks but they're are a little pricey cause they're competition chucks.

Teach me master.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I'm pretty dope with nunchucks, traditional and speed chucks, here's some of mine, 2 foam for practice, mini hard wood, 2 octagon wood with rope, 3 hardwood ball bearing, and 2 speed chucks, I made the speed chucks you can buy speed chucks but they're are a little pricey cause they're competition chucks.

Those ones with Bruce Lee on them look exactly like the set I had for a long time. Them bitches hurt something awful. I was working on this one move that I saw Bruce Lee doing with them where he spins them around as he's going for a strike but I messed up and hit myself on the elbow and it looked like one of those Wiley E Coyote swellings where you could see it growing immediately. I can't imagine getting hit in the head with those.

May 6, 2002
I was thinking about switching up gyms since my current gym literally has 2 people left that I can actually train with, every one else is really fresh. You want to go to a gym with people better than you, that's how you learn. It's good to get beat up once in a while. So I figured, hey, I might as well try this "UFC" gym about 8 miles from my house. Maybe I could mix it up with some tap out bros or something, who knows.This place was the most commercialized fight gym I've ever seen. As a matter of fact, the sales rep told me it's NOT a fight gym and I should not sign up. He trains somewhere else as well. It's a "fighters version" of a 24 hour fitness. If you spar they will kick you out. The classes are a joke. Really, any gym with a class isn't really a fight gym. I just wanted the matt and the bags for open work (since it was cheap, $29 a month) but there are always classes going on so you can;t do that.

The positive? It was 75% female. That was pretty much it.

This whole MMA thing is extremely commercialized now. It's good for the sport but damn it makes training a whole lot harder.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I was thinking about switching up gyms since my current gym literally has 2 people left that I can actually train with, every one else is really fresh. You want to go to a gym with people better than you, that's how you learn. It's good to get beat up once in a while. So I figured, hey, I might as well try this "UFC" gym about 8 miles from my house. Maybe I could mix it up with some tap out bros or something, who knows.This place was the most commercialized fight gym I've ever seen. As a matter of fact, the sales rep told me it's NOT a fight gym and I should not sign up. He trains somewhere else as well. It's a "fighters version" of a 24 hour fitness. If you spar they will kick you out. The classes are a joke. Really, any gym with a class isn't really a fight gym. I just wanted the matt and the bags for open work (since it was cheap, $29 a month) but there are always classes going on so you can;t do that.

The positive? It was 75% female. That was pretty much it.

This whole MMA thing is extremely commercialized now. It's good for the sport but damn it makes training a whole lot harder.
Title Boxing just opened a "gym" over here like that. The ring is like a 10x10 ring if that. I went in there hoping to apply to be a personal trainer. They wouldn't even hire me unless I taught those boxing/kickboxing cardio classes and I said no thanks and walked out. A lot of the boxing/mma gyms here are dependent on that type of income to survive. It's so hard to own a gym without charging some astronomical fee per month unless you have a grip of students.

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
Shit at the 24 hour fitness i have a membership too, after 8pm you can spar inside the yoga run, but you gotta sign a wavier ( no big deal ) i always wanted to hit a UFC gym up just to see what its all about but, from what you just said ill pass, we have a few Lugwig dudes who come down and train at our gym for 25 bucks a perso, ive even fucked around an seen Faber inside the gym here in Citrus Heights

May 6, 2002
Title Boxing just opened a "gym" over here like that. The ring is like a 10x10 ring if that. I went in there hoping to apply to be a personal trainer. They wouldn't even hire me unless I taught those boxing/kickboxing cardio classes and I said no thanks and walked out. A lot of the boxing/mma gyms here are dependent on that type of income to survive. It's so hard to own a gym without charging some astronomical fee per month unless you have a grip of students.
That's just like LA boxing. I got a free month voucher there and they insisted that I had to use THEIR gloves. 16oz is 16oz. I don't need to buy your 16oz gloves. Then some lop sales rep was telling me how many calories I could burn in a session. It was a complete cardio kickboxing \ boxing class. They blast dance music by Rhianna or Lady Gaga and do these useless combos on the bag. Zero instructions. I left that same month. The story itself is embarrassing. In my defense it was free and down the street.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
also im about to be on of those "crossfit" people but i don't think im going to be as insane as some of them, due to having shoulder problems as of late
dang man, one of my homeboys over here joined one of those and had been going for a few weeks and he was doing the rope climb and the rope wasn't mounted correctly and the bolts fell out of the ceiling. Dude fell 15 feet to the floor on his tailbone. Surprisingly, he didn't break any bones or anything. He went to the hospital and they said he was okay

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I forgot to tell the rest of that crazy girlfriend story. Her parents were both blackbelts and her mom was clinically crazy like I said. She literally got sent to the mental hospital because....

The cops showed up to the house after her dad called for a domestic dispute. The cops come to the door, she answers the door naked and is being uncooperative and telling off the cops. She whooped like 3 cops while she was naked then took off running down the street. They threw her in the loony bin.

Her dad is Jerry Mercado. He held some Guiness record for breaking the most boards in one minute. I just tried to find a picture of him and he's a 9th Dan in Kempo. He was a nutjob too. He hated me. He used to offer dudes $100 if they could get out of his headlock. I told him I'm not dumb enough to try that. Then I knocked up his daughter I believe. Now he really hates me. Terrible story breh. Here's that fools website
Fighting Arts Dojo - Hanshi Jerry Mercado

Jun 5, 2004
I forgot to tell the rest of that crazy girlfriend story. Her parents were both blackbelts and her mom was clinically crazy like I said. She literally got sent to the mental hospital because....

The cops showed up to the house after her dad called for a domestic dispute. The cops come to the door, she answers the door naked and is being uncooperative and telling off the cops. She whooped like 3 cops while she was naked then took off running down the street. They threw her in the loony bin.

Her dad is Jerry Mercado. He held some Guiness record for breaking the most boards in one minute. I just tried to find a picture of him and he's a 9th Dan in Kempo. He was a nutjob too. He hated me. He used to offer dudes $100 if they could get out of his headlock. I told him I'm not dumb enough to try that. Then I knocked up his daughter I believe. Now he really hates me. Terrible story breh. Here's that fools website
Fighting Arts Dojo - Hanshi Jerry Mercado
Haha wow that must be a nightmare to have ur ladys dad be this guy

Dont let that nigga put you in that headlock breh

Sep 16, 2002
Those ones with Bruce Lee on them look exactly like the set I had for a long time. Them bitches hurt something awful. I was working on this one move that I saw Bruce Lee doing with them where he spins them around as he's going for a strike but I messed up and hit myself on the elbow and it looked like one of those Wiley E Coyote swellings where you could see it growing immediately. I can't imagine getting hit in the head with those.
Selling my nunchucks was one of the worst decisions I ever made in my life.. :chinese: