Martial arts

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Fuck paying $70 a month, I think your kid is just as well off with a school that focusses more on the sport aspect of judo on that age.
He'll learn a lot either way at that age. And don't forget he also should have fun doing so. Or else it would be pretty pointless because he won't keep it up anyway.

I am so fortunate to live in a country where there is so much and such a high standard for matial arts. Keeps the prices low. Except for krav maga but if I want to learn how to run away from a fight I'd pick up running. Probably stepped on some toes there!
That history about rich and poor got pretty much shot down when most martial arts made it to the west.
I pay about 20 euro's each month but I also get private lessons from my teacher at least twice a week for what I pay absolutely nothing. He is one of the few that still maintains this mentality of not accepting money to teach this art.
KRAV MAGA SON!!!!!!!! lol I really like (the idea) of Krav Maga and have never associated it with running. You actually step inside their attacks, block and attack at the same time. It's like maximum effectiveness with minimal effort IMO. It's really good for disarming people with weapons, although how often does that really happen in day to day life.

I've been teaching my son that it's for SELF DEFENSE. Unless someone is trying to hit him, there is no reason he should be getting in a fight at all. I used to get in fights a lot when I was younger, but once I had the confidence and understanding of learning more and more about martial arts, I haven't been I a fight since. That's the idea.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
My son is in his 3rd year Taekwondo, and also trains XMA. It's his life.

My kid is fucking badass in his arts.

I took Kajukenbo for 13 years growing up & took a break as an adult, only to never get back in. My best friend is a master instructor & has been asking me for a few years to join his dojo.

Ive given it some more serious thought in the past few weeks.

Last edited:
May 14, 2002
KRAV MAGA SON!!!!!!!! lol I really like (the idea) of Krav Maga and have never associated it with running. You actually step inside their attacks, block and attack at the same time. It's like maximum effectiveness with minimal effort IMO. It's really good for disarming people with weapons, although how often does that really happen in day to day life.

I've been teaching my son that it's for SELF DEFENSE. Unless someone is trying to hit him, there is no reason he should be getting in a fight at all. I used to get in fights a lot when I was younger, but once I had the confidence and understanding of learning more and more about martial arts, I haven't been I a fight since. That's the idea.

lol I said running because I always see them running away after they finish their techniques.
I'd rather go grab a beer.
Krav Maga is different then most traditional martial arts but certainly not unique in going forward and blocking and attacking simultaneously, there just some things about it I don't really like but I have to get in to to much details.
What I do like about it though some schools do a lot of situation training, they simulate a bar including the lights and noise and they do seem to know a lot what you can and cannot do within the law. Maybe not every school does this but this is something I noticed I really liked.

I meant by not getting in to a fight ever you should end it before it starts and the guy should be on the floor , so you can grab your beer lol.
the longer the fight lasts the more change you have to get hurt.

May 14, 2002
My son is in his 3rd year Taekwondo, and also trains XMA It's his life.

My kid is fucking badass in his arts.

I took Kajukenbo for 13 years growing up & took a break as an adult, only to never get back in. My best friend is a master instructor & has been asking me for a few years to join his dojo.

Ive given it some more serious thought in the past few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 5, 2006
I didn't do shit but work this summer and travel a bit. But i've been giving some serious consideration myself into getting back into Jiu Jitsu and Judo. San Jose State has a bad ass Judo team, #1 in the U.S.

There was a Kajukenbo gym from San Leandro on that t.v. show Fight Quest on Discovery Channel some years back.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE

I C/S this statement.

Martial arts is not about fighting, it's about not having to fight or defending yourself or family when its needed only.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I C/S this statement.

Martial arts is not about fighting, it's about not having to fight or defending yourself or family when its needed only.
That's why I want to keep him away from certain styles. There are some exceptions to boxing but it seems like a lot of kids who box want to fight more because they are so used to the idea of fighting. A lot of that probably comes from the word getting around that they are boxers and people want to fight them. I've already been telling my son not to tell anyone that he's even going to be learning martial arts.

I dated this chick in New York for a couple months and I forget how high of a black belt she was in Kempo, but we went to a few dojo's together and the sensei stopped their class to have everyone bow to her. I don't know if that's a customary thing or if she was really just some type of baddass that I didn't know about. I know she dominated in competition and stuff. She also used to get in fights and punched like a man by the sounds of it because she used to mess other chicks up. She was also crazy with a clinically crazy mom and nutjob father. Bad combination.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
lol I said running because I always see them running away after they finish their techniques.
I'd rather go grab a beer.
Krav Maga is different then most traditional martial arts but certainly not unique in going forward and blocking and attacking simultaneously, there just some things about it I don't really like but I have to get in to to much details.
What I do like about it though some schools do a lot of situation training, they simulate a bar including the lights and noise and they do seem to know a lot what you can and cannot do within the law. Maybe not every school does this but this is something I noticed I really liked.

I meant by not getting in to a fight ever you should end it before it starts and the guy should be on the floor , so you can grab your beer lol.
the longer the fight lasts the more change you have to get hurt.
I suppose every martial art is really only as good as the person you're learning it from to some extent. It definitely isn't unique in the attacking/blocking style but I was just talking about the running away thing. When I was in the military, they talk a lot about what you can and cannot do within the confines of the law in a fight. Basically it always comes down to, the minimum amount of force it takes to leave the situation. If that's breaking a dudes ankle, knee, or leg, so you can just get outta there, then do that. They always stressed that if you're found to have been beating a dude while he was on the ground, you're probably going to get in some type of trouble with the civil authority or military authority. A dude with a broken arm or jaw probably isn't going to chase after you too often, and I think a lot of Krav Maga kinda hinges on that.

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
ive always found it people who box always wanna act like a bad ass, ive found people who do MMA style things to be level headed and can walk away from a situation no matter what is going down, diggidy you ever do any BJJ? if so who did you learn/train with i used to train under Cesar Gracie in Reno, dude was chill as fuck

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
ive always found it people who box always wanna act like a bad ass, ive found people who do MMA style things to be level headed and can walk away from a situation no matter what is going down, diggidy you ever do any BJJ? if so who did you learn/train with i used to train under Cesar Gracie in Reno, dude was chill as fuck
I've run into the boxing and mma guys who both think they are the hardest thing on two feet, whereas the guys who typically just train in one style of martial art tend to me a lot more modest. It's not to say they are all that way though.

I never trained in BJJ. I've learned a lot of random stuff and I don't even know where I picked up some of it. BJJ kinda falls into that category for me. I know some stuff that would probably keep me from getting worked by your average wrestler (at least for awhile) if I got taken down but by no means am I an expert. I'm not opposed to learning more about it, I just haven't. There aren't a ton of dojo's here in OKC to begin with, and that didn't really start getting that popular until the last few years it seems like.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Taekwondo w/ some good hands aint no joke.
I think TKD sucks, as they teach it here for the most part. I'm pretty sure they don't do much with their hands, but I agree, if anyone who knows TKD is good with their hands, that's a pretty dope style.

TKD reminds me of Karate, without the use of hands or throws and stuff like that. The kicks are pretty lethal though. I think it's a good base style for kids to learn and then learn some other style and mix it up. In reality, that's all Bruce Lee really did. Took some footwork from boxing, fencing, some kicks from Savate, TKD, grappling from Judo, mixed in some Wing Chun and made Jeet Kun Do. That's why I said I thought the style was incomplete earlier though too. It didn't seem like Bruce was fully done with it, and every martial art has had people modify stuff and make it better over the years. I'd like to see that happen with JKD.

Jul 6, 2009
I'm more into the art aspect of martial arts. I love the fact that most of it is ancient techniques that have been passed down thousands of years

Jan 5, 2006
That's actually one of the schools I'm looking at... But it's too far for me... Pleasant fucking Hill ain't so pleasant for me... There's also Ralph Gracie in SF/Berkeley or Mtn View.

Alliance just opened a gym near here too, they got like 9 World Championships nearly all are back to back to back to back... (you get the idea)

VERSACERO

smoking meth with steve
Mar 14, 2004
Yo I always wanted to know how to do nunchucks like bruce lee without smashin my own teeth out.
I'm pretty dope with nunchucks, traditional and speed chucks, here's some of mine, 2 foam for practice, mini hard wood, 2 octagon wood with rope, 3 hardwood ball bearing, and 2 speed chucks, I made the speed chucks you can buy speed chucks but they're are a little pricey cause they're competition chucks.