Marshal Mathers LP overrated?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 6, 2010
I just read the rapreviews.com review of Recovery, and in it, the writer named Marshal Mathers LP as Em's closest thing to a classic album. When I thought about it though, it had some weak tracks. Under the influence, that track with D-12, was awful. Embarrassingly annoying hook teamed with forgettable lyrics. Stan was cool when it came out, but I skip it now out of boredom. Aside from Bitch Please II being a decent track, with Em delivering a killer verse, it seems very out of place in album. The only tracks I really consider classic are Kill You, Who Knew, and Remember. The rest of the tracks were legit. Basically, I just don't think it's as great an album as people make it out to be. Slim Shady LP, however, I can listen to all the way through without skipping. Some of the punchlines on that crack me up every time I hear them. This is just my opinion though.

Feb 7, 2006
It's not classic but the good songs are damn fuckin good, and the other songs are coo. i give it like 7.5 to 8 out of 10.

1God

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2010
His best album would be either The Slim Shady LP or The Eminem Show. But to imply that he hasn't made any classic albums is false. His second and third albums are loved so much mostly because of the mood they create. It's all a subconscious thing. It's the amazing beats mixed with your memory of the times the album came out. So when somebody says The Marshall Mathers LP, you think "Shit, those were the good days. That shit was the bomb when it dropped." But DarthKidd is right, the lyrics aren't as great as they were on The Slim Shady LP or The Eminem Show. And one of the reasons why Recovery doesn't fit in is because of the beats.

Jul 27, 2009
MMLP is a classic. the most overrated Em album now is Recovery. it would have been better if he had the same producers he used for the Slim Shady Lp and Marshal Mathers LP
the Bass Brothers i think they're called

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
at a time i felt MMLP was his best shit. but i went back and listened to both and i feel SSLP was to more of MY liking even tho MMLP is dope as fuck. i guess if i had to choose i'd pick SSLP but i dont matter cause theyre both solid