Mac Dre Remastered demos, b-sides & unreleased comp project

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Interesting. Never knew about that. What was that all about?
To this day I still don't know. They alluded to different shit in the songs but the sigs was crazy as fuck.

I still remember some of the songs Reek made but don't remember a lot of Dre's shit cause the cat who played me the Dre song got put on restriction so I had to leave the crib and he wouldn't let me borrow the tape. In one song Reek was talkin about how one of Dre's aunt's "shot heem in her veins" (his words.) Then he talks about how in Sac a pimp threw one of his aunts out a window and then he goes into Dre's dad getting beat up in front of Dre and caps it off with Dre gettin slapped by Lott and calling it a "Mack Slap." Then he goes in on another one of Dre's relatives. Other memorable lines where a refrain in which he kept saying "Dre your daddy outside" and "18, homeless til you 80 doe, and too hard for the fuckin betties doe." The"betties" was Dre's diabetic GF. He also said if she got cut "she would bleed unleaded" And Reek didn't stop there he came at Kilo and another romp member in another song. When Dre responded he came at Reek and said he had to feed Reek McDonals, ordered him a "big mack, small fries but gave him a water cause the soda was mines." I know when he started off the song he said something about "Sit back Reek, it's my turn." And a refrain Dre used was "I went to McDonalds, with you Reek, you said Dre, buy me somethin to eat."

And I'm speaking on all this shit cause I'm born and raised in Vallejo, grew up listening to these songs, found some of these songs recently on tape and know the real history of Vallejo rap. Like who the first crest rapper really was, what rapper from Vallejo battled Too Short early on, etc. It's a lot of untold history.

And the term Cold Cold Capper was coined by Too Short in 83.

Last edited:

_A1_

Sicc OG
Aug 26, 2014
To this day I still don't know. They alluded to different shit in the songs but the sigs was crazy as fuck.

I still remember some of the songs Reek made but don't remember a lot of Dre's shit cause the cat who played me the Dre song got put on restriction so I had to leave the crib and he wouldn't let me borrow the tape. In one song Reek was talkin about how one of Dre's aunt's "shot heem in her veins" (his words.) Then he talks about how in Sac a pimp threw one of his aunts out a window and then he goes into Dre's dad getting beat up in front of Dre and caps it off with Dre gettin slapped by Lott and calling it a "Mack Slap." Then he goes in on another one of Dre's relatives. Other memorable lines where a refrain in which he kept saying "Dre your daddy outside" and "18, homeless til you 80 doe, and too hard for the fuckin betties doe." The"betties" was Dre's diabetic GF. He also said if she got cut "she would bleed unleaded" And Reek didn't stop there he came at Kilo and another romp member in another song. When Dre responded he came at Reek and said he had to feed Reek McDonals, ordered him a "big mack, small fries but gave him a water cause the soda was mines." I know when he started off the song he said something about "Sit back Reek, it's my turn." And a refrain Dre used was "I went to McDonalds, with you Reek, you said Dre, buy me somethin to eat."

And I'm speaking on all this shit cause I'm born and raised in Vallejo, grew up listening to these songs, found some of these songs recently on tape and know the real history of Vallejo rap. Like who the first crest rapper really was, what rapper from Vallejo battled Too Short early on, etc. It's a lot of untold history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2SHA65taGA
Holy shit, good lookin on all the info. I'd love to hear all those back n forth disses, bet they're all straight comedy. I only have the dre vs. little bruce disses. Since you alluded to a few things there at the end, I can't help but ask..who was the first crest rapper? We talkn before The Mac Michael Robinson?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Holy shit, good lookin on all the info. I'd love to hear all those back n forth disses, bet they're all straight comedy. I only have the dre vs. little bruce disses. Since you alluded to a few things there at the end, I can't help but ask..who was the first crest rapper? We talkn before The Mac Michael Robinson?
"A.T." (Alex Taggart) had music out before The Mac and he was comin at Short. I think one song of his was called "Fuck Too Short" or somethin like that. I know Short replied and said something like "A sucka wanna battle from the Valley-Joe." And yes, those sig songs were straight comedy which is the only reason why I remember some of the shit. In fact, I'll say those songs are the most impressive diss songs ever because it was based on real shit, real shit was poppin off as a result and the shit was personal.

But it's great that in the end they all came together (for the most part) and were at peace, making money, etc.

F

Fromthebaytotheaz

moon ive been hella busy with work but ill try and get the crestside vs hillside cd to you if u still want thats all i got as far as old school mac dre I think

_A1_

Sicc OG
Aug 26, 2014
What's all on that cd?
The copy I have is called "The Super Sig Tapes - Lil Bruce vs Mac Dre" and consists of 15 tracks. Here's the tracklist:

1. Dope Rhymes (Mac Dre)
2. Sucka MC (Mac Dre)
3. Do You Douche? (Mac Dre)
4. The Donkey Aint Free (Mac Dre)
5. Sucka MC (Remix) (Mac Dre)
6. Fuck The Hillside (Mac Dre)
7. Little Bitch (Mac Dre)
8. Interlude (Little Bruce)
9. Hit The Dirt (Mac Dre)
10. Thats Real (Mac Dre)
11. Pass The Joint (Mac Dre)
12. To The Telly (Mac Dre)
13. V-Town (Little Bruce feat. B-Legit, E-40, N2Deep & Stevie Dee)
14. Southside Hillside MVPs (Little Bruce)
15. Back To The Villa (Little Bruce)

Mar 21, 2013
"A.T." (Alex Taggart) had music out before The Mac and he was comin at Short. I think one song of his was called "Fuck Too Short" or somethin like that. I know Short replied and said something like "A sucka wanna battle from the Valley-Joe." And yes, those sig songs were straight comedy which is the only reason why I remember some of the shit. In fact, I'll say those songs are the most impressive diss songs ever because it was based on real shit, real shit was poppin off as a result and the shit was personal.

But it's great that in the end they all came together (for the most part) and were at peace, making money, etc.

I have to see if I still got it but there was a tape I had from an unknown Vallejo rapper (can't remember the name) with a song called crestside, and he names off all the blocks in the crest. An uptempo track. You know of who that is or heard of it? I'm not up on Vallejo rappers besides the main ones but I'll remember the name when I hear it. Haven't heard the tape in almost 20 years...

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I have to see if I still got it but there was a tape I had from an unknown Vallejo rapper (can't remember the name) with a song called crestside, and he names off all the blocks in the crest. An uptempo track. You know of who that is or heard of it? I'm not up on Vallejo rappers besides the main ones but I'll remember the name when I hear it. Haven't heard the tape in almost 20 years...
If it was 20 years ago it could have been Mac Lee. Could have been E.B. as I think he started rappin a bit at that time. I would need to hear it. Could have been Stevie Dee (not PSD) but like I said, I would need to hear it.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2SHA65taGA
that's some good shit...thanks man

Reek Daddy is funny as fuck when he caps on people. I like his old school gangster flow