Lil Wyno

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 17, 2003
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
wut's funny? you think im joking?

I laughed because it's funny that anyone would mention GOLD with that album. That shit didn't even go aluminum. Dub still has boxes of that album in his garage gatherin dust. Whoever told you that it went gold is full of shit. I challenge ANYONE to prove me wrong.

Apr 17, 2003
PELON X4 said:
yea i saw that dub released the cd but i never new it went gold and WYNO only got $1500 for it..... thats fucked

That album DIDN'T go gold. I can't believe that anyone would even think that. Of all the albums that anyone from DRF past or or present going gold, ya'll think it would be that one? Come on now. Ya'll don't really believe that dude sold 500,000 copies of that cd do you?

Apr 25, 2002
LOL it wuz a joke homeboyz. it didnt go gold.... i wuz being sarcastic bcuz Lil Wyno said on Back With A Vengeance that Step Into My World wuz thought to go gold. LOL!

and already dead, it doesnt matter how many copies were sold bcuz Dub screwed Lil Wyno over and only gave him about $1,500. he coulda went platinum and he still would have only gotten $1,500.

Apr 17, 2003
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
LOL it wuz a joke homeboyz. it didnt go gold.... i wuz being sarcastic bcuz Lil Wyno said on Back With A Vengeance that Step Into My World wuz thought to go gold. LOL!

and already dead, it doesnt matter how many copies were sold bcuz Dub screwed Lil Wyno over and only gave him about $1,500. he coulda went platinum and he still would have only gotten $1,500.
Wyno CLAIMS that Dub screwed him over, what he DIDN'T say in that interview is that his album didn't even sell 1,200 copies. Now if Dub paid for everything from the mastering, to the photos, to the manufacturing, what makes Wyno believe he deserves ANY money? If I made an album with Woodie and he paid for everything then I KNOW that I don't get to see a dime until Woodie makes his money back. Now, I'm no rocket scientist, but I KNOW that it costs alot more than $1,500 to master and manufacture an album. Feel me?

Apr 25, 2002
Hay$tack$avage said:
Wyno CLAIMS that Dub screwed him over, what he DIDN'T say in that interview is that his album didn't even sell 1,200 copies.
there wuz a major hype for this album before it dropped in the 408 area, it probably sold more than 1200 copies in the 408 alone. i dont know who's giving you your info but they're bullshitting you.

Now if Dub paid for everything from the mastering, to the photos, to the manufacturing, what makes Wyno believe he deserves ANY money?
as far as i know, Dub does his own mastering, he produces beats, and it doesnt cost much for artwork if you hit the right person up. manufacturing would be the most costly part, but even 1200 CDs at 10 bucks a disc will bring in a lot more than $1,500.

Now, I'm no rocket scientist, but I KNOW that it costs alot more than $1,500 to master and manufacture an album. Feel me?
depends on how many copies you make. and dont forget the hookups with DRF that Dub had at the time, how do you know it cost him anything at all?

this album is one of the hardest albums to come out of Cali in a long while, there's no way in hell it only sold 1200 copies that's bullshit. i know a whole lot of homeboys who bought this album and that's just in one area of the 408, imagine how many bought it statewide....

Apr 17, 2003
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
there wuz a major hype for this album before it dropped in the 408 area, it probably sold more than 1200 copies in the 408 alone. i dont know who's giving you your info but they're bullshitting you.

as far as i know, Dub does his own mastering, he produces beats, and it doesnt cost much for artwork if you hit the right person up. manufacturing would be the most costly part, but even 1200 CDs at 10 bucks a disc will bring in a lot more than $1,500.

depends on how many copies you make. and dont forget the hookups with DRF that Dub had at the time, how do you know it cost him anything at all?

this album is one of the hardest albums to come out of Cali in a long while, there's no way in hell it only sold 1200 copies that's bullshit. i know a whole lot of homeboys who bought this album and that's just in one area of the 408, imagine how many bought it statewide....

I know personally for a fact that the distributor-the music people-only took the first 1,000 copies of that album and then only 200 copies of the second thousand that was ordered because they hadn't even sold all of the first thousand. That's 1,200 copies sold to the distributor, not the consumer. And that was on a 60 day consignment period. They don't pay you for anything that wasn't sold. I don't expect you to believe me. You and I both know that muthafuckas lie on the internet all the time about knowin shit and knowin fools but I'm only tellin you what I know for a fact. Real talk. Of course there's no way for me prove how I know what I know, but I'm just tellin you the real as I know it. One more thing, you're also going by what Wyno claims, while Dub claims somethin else. I don't believe anything or anyone unless I see things for myself, feel me? And I know what I've seen in this situation. And if you know a distributor that pays people $10 a unit, then tell us their name cuz I'm sure there are a gang of fools in here that would love to know.

Apr 25, 2002
there's a thing called self distribution homie....

and how is it that you know how many units were sold? it doesnt matter if i believe you or not. let it be known how you get your information. i know for a fact 100 units were shipped to California Music in Gilroy, and they sold out.... and that's a small area of the 408 homie.... where the hell did Dub ship the rest of them? Australia? Wyno's name is pretty big in the streets and if he had shipped more CDs he woulda sold more CDs. plus, muthafuckas lie all the time, whoever's telling you this shit might be lying to YOU! and if it's Dub himself that's telling you this shit, he may be lying. keep that shit in mind, cuz my brain will not allow me to believe only 1200 units were sold when a grip of people were waiting for this CD to drop.

Apr 25, 2002
1200 doesnt seem to hard to believe to me....not sayin its true..but unless u have evidence to prove otherwise(like more than 1200 people who own a copy) u really cant prove shit either

i mean wyno is a big name to drf fans..but how many other folks really know of him? lets be realistic..