Lil Wayne VS The BAY

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2003
So i stay out in walnute creek now and all my friends out here just think Lil Wayne is the hardest rapper ever and shit. They often say shit like hes harder than any rapper "best rapper alive" that his flow is incomparable. Even some of my friends from back home who came up on straight BAY SHIT during the 90's and recently, have started saying Lil Wayne is doper than anyone from the Bay Mac Dre forty Quinn Spice 1 etc etc. And i know plenty of suburban kids everywhere that jsut think hes the best thing since rap began.

I just dont see it. I know alot of yall agree. This guy is ok sometimes when hes featured and shit and i know hes hott right now. Ill admit i like some of his tunes. But some of my friends and i have been having heated arguments on him being better than Mac Dre e40 and shit. He doesnt even come close.

Ill give an example of probably what ppl think makes his flow so rare and incomparable. WHen in all actuality its just stupid and 123 ABC shit

"We aint trying to see the penn. Like a needle in a haystack we aint trying to see da pin" off rick ross song "LUxury Tax" My roomate said when we heard that line nobody does that in their raps. That shit is gay to me, thinking your an innovator using stupid ass synonyms that sound retarded in the middle of a song.

What do you guys think? Should he even be compared to the greatest from the bay? I want to hear from the guys who think Lil Wayne is the shit too. Not just people like me.

Apr 23, 2006
drought 3 was clean
i nver heard wayne come as sick and he prolly never will again
this is all irrelevant because when he dies from syrup OD he will be placed with the greats automatically
his shit with the squad was alrite too
with wayne its jsut a matter of diggin through all his shitty songs too find the good ones
but compared to other rappers he is no where near the best
IMO nickatina mac dre and 40 shit all over him
and outside the bay jay z eminem and snoop

May 16, 2002
It's simply people's fuckin' opinion. Shit, you talkin' about kids that never even knew about Bay music when it was poppin' in the early / mid 90's.

If some people like Lil' Wayne, that's what they like. It's like when the cowboy's kept winning in the 90's. I never seen so many dallas fans until they started to win. Shit, even my neighbors jumped the bandwagon...they we're selling their Raider fits in the next garage sale they had.

It's a changing of times that's all. As the generation get younger they'll like the next hottest artist at that time. E40, Spice, Too $hort, The Luniz, Dru Down, Richie Rich, 4Tay etc...was our generation.

The newer generation has THIZZ and has actually branched off into mainstream artist such as Lil' Wayne and so forth.

It's not a bad thing, it's just a sign of getting older. The older you get, the more newer music sucks.

Mar 4, 2007
everyone has their opinions and to be honest all rappers have different styles and if some people think lil wayne is the shit and other think not then thats all good..personally i listen to lil wayne shit but i aint all over the nigga sayin he the best...

May 10, 2008
lil wayne vs the bay? not even close wayne comes tight every now and then but compared to Mac Dre,San Quinn,or any one of the Mob Figaz hes garbage.
Mostly suburbanites like that shit.

Apr 7, 2006
So i stay out in walnute creek now and all my friends out here just think Lil Wayne is the hardest rapper ever and shit. They often say shit like hes harder than any rapper "best rapper alive" that his flow is incomparable. Even some of my friends from back home who came up on straight BAY SHIT during the 90's and recently, have started saying Lil Wayne is doper than anyone from the Bay Mac Dre forty Quinn Spice 1 etc etc. And i know plenty of suburban kids everywhere that jsut think hes the best thing since rap began.
this is one of my high school debates i have like every other week. people all in walnut creek are on lil waynes dick sayin exactly wut u just mentioned. personally i have yet to find a song of his that i can like. i liked lollipop for a week until it hit everyones myspaces and was all over tv. but i definitely know wut u mean being im a walnut creek native lol.

Feb 8, 2003
not even close wayne comes tight every now and then but compared to Mac Dre,San Quinn,or any one of the Mob Figaz hes garbage.
All Bullshit aside I know your in the bay(so your opinions going to be a lil bias) but Wayne could out rap everyone of those named above, and im not even a wayne fan im just stating facts they not even on his level. Also i know some old mofos(34 and up) who says wayne is the best.

Feb 8, 2003
if lil wayne drops an album that HE WROTE that is good, then he can be in consideration for the best rapper title....until then, fuckouttahere

Wheres your solid proof that Lil Wayne didnt write his Carter 3 album? Im talking bout some real proof (video of the writer going over shit with him or the label or Studio records releasing the info)? Fuck what you hear some bum rapper that mad bc he cant blow up say so he trying to corrupt the next mans success with lies for his success or what you read on hiphopforum.org and all that ish Im talking bout some real proof

Oct 8, 2004
lil wayne is a fuccin succa he think he da harddest but how iz u a rapper wen u can't even write ur shyt if ur a rapper write it yourself fucc goast writin rotflmfao at people who think there hard when they have someone writing lyrics for them what has tha world came 2

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
Wheres your solid proof that Lil Wayne didnt write his Carter 3 album? Im talking bout some real proof (video of the writer going over shit with him or the label or Studio records releasing the info)? Fuck what you hear some bum rapper that mad bc he cant blow up say so he trying to corrupt the next mans success with lies for his success or what you read on hiphopforum.org and all that ish Im talking bout some real proof
.....ummmmm, not sure what time machine your using but mine aint working so i havnt heard C3 yet

im talking about C1 and C2 were ghostwriten

and technically he says he freestyles everything so he didnt WRITE shit...