LeBron James wins MVP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 13, 2003
if every player had the mentality that lebron had then there would only be about 6-7 teams worth watching, the other teams would be just average and those teams would be elite elite to the point it would be worthless to watch the nba
^^^^^^ the leaugue is already like that as it is. Over half of the teams are horrible. All GMs would love 3 stars on their teams. The reason why they don't have 3 stars is because. 1. All teams don't make the same revenue 2. Most teams can't attract a big free agent 3. Most teams georgraphiclly can't attaract a big star. Who the eff wants to play in cleveland? I don't understand how many of u blame Lebron for wanting to go to a better team/situation in oreder to have a better opportunity to win. Was he upposed to stay in cleveland to satisfy other people? Its called going to the best situation in order to win? Did people blame phil jackson when he went to the Lakers after he coached the Bulls? Did people say he was takin the easy way to a championship? He went on to coach Shaq, Kobe D. Fisher and Robbert Horry. Why can't y'all criticize phil jackson for joinin up with superstars. U think Hil Jackson would have coached the Wizards or the T wolves? Lol. Hell no. Name 1 player that wants to be on a bad team with no help around him. U see what happened to Dan Marino, Barry Sanders, Barkley, Domonique Wilkins, Ewing, Thurman Thomas etc all great players bu didn't have enuf talent around them to win a ring. Lebron said fuck that. He's gonna go to another team with better players to up his chances of winning. What could be wwrong with that? That's like the US marines or special forces.When they went to kill Osama Bin Laden they chose a team of the most elite soldiers to carry out the mission. Why would u want to complete a mission with bums around u? I wana go to war with the best soldiers and so did Lebron

Mar 18, 2003
The Hornets drafted Kobe and he refused to play for them and demanded a trade to the Lakers before he ever played a game. Which is way gayer than waiting for your contract to expire, becoming a free agent and signing where ever you want to.
Exactly. Props. I can't prop you because I'm posting from tapatalk while taking a shit at work, but ill prop u later.
Be that as it may, it's not the point. You and your cohort's distaste for Kobe and the Lakers has taken precident here. What you're refering to has nothing to do with what is being discussed. The fact of the matter is, he joined the Lakers as a completely undeveloped NBA guard. It was the Lakers who groomed him into a star. That's not to say he wouldn't have been a great player elsewhere, but the Lakers certainly didn't trade for him when he was an already proven MVP/All-star. THAT is the difference comrade. The Lakers have done similar things as the Heat, though. A perfect example was when they went after Gary Payton and Karl Malone to play along side Kobe and Shaq. It didn't pay off, but the same principle applied.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Be that as it may, it's not the point. You and your cohort's distaste for Kobe and the Lakers has taken precident here. What you're refering to has nothing to do with what is being discussed. The fact of the matter is, he joined the Lakers as a completely undeveloped NBA guard. It was the Lakers who groomed him into a star. That's not to say he wouldn't have been a great player elsewhere, but the Lakers certainly didn't trade for him when he was an already proven MVP/All-star. THAT is the difference comrade. The Lakers have done similar things as the Heat, though. A perfect example was when they went after Gary Payton and Karl Malone to play along side Kobe and Shaq. It didn't pay off, but the same principle applied.
Like peoples distaste for Lebron doesn't cause them to say dumb shit. I don't hate the Lakers like that. I just don't get why Lebrons a huge fag and his mentality is fucking up the game when other players that people on here like have forced trades to the team they wanted to play for which is way worse than signing somewhere as a free agent when their contracts up.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Like peoples distaste for Lebron doesn't cause them to say dumb shit. I don't hate the Lakers like that. I just don't get why Lebrons a huge fag and his mentality is fucking up the game when other players that people on here like have forced trades to the team they wanted to play for which is way worse than signing somewhere as a free agent when their contracts up.
well i think the main reason he is largely disliked and considered less respectable is because he's taking a shortcut to winning a championship (which is pretty gay), by leaving his team (the cleveland cavaliers) and joining dwyane wade's team (the miami heat)..........whereas someone like michael jordan (whom he was compared to upon entering the league), despite struggles early in his career, continued to work hard and maintained focus. unlike lebron with cleveland, mj remained loyal to the chicago bulls, which resulted in a dynasty (consisting of two threepeats) in the 1990s.

Jan 12, 2006
I'm glad Lebrick went to the Heat, he shot himself in the foot in terms of hurting his legacy. Could you imagine if LeBrick had brought a title to Cleveland, the media would automatically crown him the greatest of all time. Now he has to win 3-4 rings in Miami just to get his legacy where he can be compared to Kobe, Magic, and Jordan.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Where were all of you when the Celtics bought their ring?
Good point
Honestly when they formed the big 3 in boston, I thought nothing of it. I thought they were all washed up and wasn't gonna win shit. Boy was I wrong.
But did garnett do a decision special? No. Did the big 3 have some premature celebration as if they had already won a ring? No. They did the trades and lettheir game speak for itself. We don't respect the execution of it all.
Furthermore we do not respect lebron who quits on his team. Garnett and and ray allen played hard regardless what team they were on. Not saying lebron doesn't, but u get my point.

Jun 23, 2005
^ exactly, Garnett and Allen were not in their prime at all when they joined the celtics, and neither was pierce. pierce was like 30, KG 31, and allen 32 i think. so you cant make that comparison to 3 mid 20 all stars teaming up.

and i dont know why people keep making the cavs out to be a horrible team. yeah they suck without lebron and have since he left, but they won plenty of games. 60+ wins in back to back season isnt done by one player

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
well i think the main reason he is largely disliked and considered less respectable is because he's taking a shortcut to winning a championship (which is pretty gay), by leaving his team (the cleveland cavaliers) and joining dwyane wade's team (the miami heat)..........whereas someone like michael jordan (whom he was compared to upon entering the league), despite struggles early in his career, continued to work hard and maintained focus. unlike lebron with cleveland, mj remained loyal to the chicago bulls, which resulted in a dynasty (consisting of two threepeats) in the 1990s.
Ya but why is it so bad when he did it when tons of other players have done it also. Shaq left Orlando, Kobe forced a trade. That's the part I don't get. Maybe cuz they won titles. Not the 1st year tho.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
the hate Lebron hets is fucking baffling. I really just don't understand you guys at all. I can understand how the whole celebration thing is annoying, I admit that it was lame, but that's it. I also admit he is not usually great in the clutch, but that's not a reason to dislike the guy.

the argument that he should have stayed with Cleveland, and he took the easy way out is pure fucking bullshit. at the end of the day, every player wants to play with other good players to help him win. MJ had the luxury of having Pippen, Rodman, and other good players around him. Kobe played with Shaq in his prime, then the Lakers went out and got him Gasol and drafted Bynum. What the fuck do you people not get about that??? Pretty much every championship team has at least a few really good/great players. (the celtics big 3... Duncan, Ginboli, and Parker, etc.) Why does it matter if the team's management assembled those players, or if the players assembled themselves??? you guys are fucking weirdos.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I'm glad Lebrick went to the Heat, he shot himself in the foot in terms of hurting his legacy. Could you imagine if LeBrick had brought a title to Cleveland, the media would automatically crown him the greatest of all time. Now he has to win 3-4 rings in Miami just to get his legacy where he can be compared to Kobe, Magic, and Jordan.
what about when your man crush Kobe was demanding a trade years back? People act like Kobe is so high and mighty because he's played with his whole team his career. He's lucky the Lakers went out and got players to help him out.If they didn't he may not have stuck around.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
^ exactly, Garnett and Allen were not in their prime at all when they joined the celtics, and neither was pierce. pierce was like 30, KG 31, and allen 32 i think. so you cant make that comparison to 3 mid 20 all stars teaming up.

and i dont know why people keep making the cavs out to be a horrible team. yeah they suck without lebron and have since he left, but they won plenty of games. 60+ wins in back to back season isnt done by one player
what's the difference? they were still great players when they won a ring. this is hypocrisy at it's finest.

Jan 12, 2006
what's the difference? they were still great players when they won a ring. this is hypocrisy at it's finest.
hypocrisy??? I didn't hear anyone comparing KG, Pierce, or Allen to MJ. All those 3 took a big hit to their legacy after they did that in my eyes, do people disregard their achievements?? no, but when you make a move like that you take yourself out of the discussion of being a top 15 player of all time. Same goes for lebrick now.

Jan 12, 2006
what about when your man crush Kobe was demanding a trade years back? People act like Kobe is so high and mighty because he's played with his whole team his career. He's lucky the Lakers went out and got players to help him out.If they didn't he may not have stuck around.
man crush?? I could care less about what people say about the goat Kobe Bryant, I'm 110% sure he doesn't give a shit about anybody but himself and family. You on the other hand are acting like you lost your virginity to LeBrick, why does it bug you so much if people dislike or don't agree with him. Is he related to you? Also lol if you think Kobe was ever going to leave LA, Kobe is nothing like LeBrick, he is well aware of his legacy and what he has to do to be compared to his idol MJ. Nothing wrong with a young Kobe wanting to test the market for the first time in his career.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
hypocrisy??? I didn't hear anyone comparing KG, Pierce, or Allen to MJ. All those 3 took a big hit to their legacy after they did that in my eyes, do people disregard their achievements?? no, but when you make a move like that you take yourself out of the discussion of being a top 15 player of all time. Same goes for lebrick now.
my point is that people don't criticize them for teaming up together like that, while they criticize the Heat for doing it. you can sit there and say you feel their legacy took a hit or whatever, but at the end of the day they don't take anywhere near the same level of criticism as Miami took and continues to take if you can't see that you are blind.