L.A high school start running back killed by 18th st gang member good read lil long

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

reo

Banned
Feb 12, 2006
YEAH... I GUESS ID B MAD TOO IF I LIVED IN AUSTRALIA AND THE ONLY WAY FOR ME TO GAIN INSIGHT ON THE CULTURE THAT I WAS TRYING SO HARD TO EMULATE,

WAS BY READING ABOUT IT ON THA INTERNET...

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Gang member sentenced to death for murder of standout L.A. student athlete

LOS ANGELES, Calif. - A gang member who killed a promising Los Angeles High School football player because he believed the athlete's red Spider-Man backpack linked him to an opposing gang was sentenced to death on Friday.

Pedro Espinoza had told authorities he was willing to kill for his gang, even if it meant going to death row.

Superior Court Judge Ronald H. Rose imposed that very sentence — ordering Espinoza taken to San Quentin State Prison. The judge rejected defence arguments that the 23-year-old didn't get a fair trial.

"The evidence is clear he decided to murder the victim in cold blood and bragged about the killings after," Rose said. "The defendant executed the victim as he lay on the ground defenceless."

Jamiel Shaw II was a 17-year-old standout running back when he was gunned down in 2008. He was not a gang member.

His parents and friends appeared in court Friday wearing red. They said it wasn't to symbolize a gang — but for "the blood spilled."

"You don't have a right to execute someone and then come in and plead not to be executed," said Jamiel Shaw Sr., the father of the victim.

Shaw said he devoted his life to preparing his son for a brilliant athletic career.

"We really thought we had a chance," he said. "My son was groomed to succeed."

Anita Shaw, a U.S. Army sergeant, told of being in Iraq on her second tour of duty when she was summoned by her commander and told that her son had been murdered.

"I lost it," she said. She invoked scripture, saying she knew she was supposed to forgive — but "I'm not that strong of a person."

Espinoza didn't move and didn't look at Shaw's parents as they spoke.

The judge noted that Espinoza had been released from jail shortly before the killing on an unrelated charge and had been counselled by an officer who warned him of the consequences of further criminal behaviour.

Rose urged the family to focus on raising their 13-year-old son, Thomas, who also attended the sentencing. Shaw said outside court he would do that but feels the gang situation has changed parenting.

"You're not raising them anymore," he said. "You're trying to keep them alive."

reo

Banned
Feb 12, 2006
too bad going to death row means he'll die of old age with guarenteed appeals
gang member sentenced to death for murder of standout l.a. Student athlete

los angeles, calif. - a gang member who killed a promising los angeles high school football player because he believed the athlete's red spider-man backpack linked him to an opposing gang was sentenced to death on friday.

Pedro espinoza had told authorities he was willing to kill for his gang, even if it meant going to death row.

Superior court judge ronald h. Rose imposed that very sentence — ordering espinoza taken to san quentin state prison. The judge rejected defence arguments that the 23-year-old didn't get a fair trial.

"the evidence is clear he decided to murder the victim in cold blood and bragged about the killings after," rose said. "the defendant executed the victim as he lay on the ground defenceless."

jamiel shaw ii was a 17-year-old standout running back when he was gunned down in 2008. He was not a gang member.

His parents and friends appeared in court friday wearing red. They said it wasn't to symbolize a gang — but for "the blood spilled."

"you don't have a right to execute someone and then come in and plead not to be executed," said jamiel shaw sr., the father of the victim.

Shaw said he devoted his life to preparing his son for a brilliant athletic career.

"we really thought we had a chance," he said. "my son was groomed to succeed."

anita shaw, a u.s. Army sergeant, told of being in iraq on her second tour of duty when she was summoned by her commander and told that her son had been murdered.

"i lost it," she said. She invoked scripture, saying she knew she was supposed to forgive — but "i'm not that strong of a person."

espinoza didn't move and didn't look at shaw's parents as they spoke.

The judge noted that espinoza had been released from jail shortly before the killing on an unrelated charge and had been counselled by an officer who warned him of the consequences of further criminal behaviour.

Rose urged the family to focus on raising their 13-year-old son, thomas, who also attended the sentencing. Shaw said outside court he would do that but feels the gang situation has changed parenting.

"you're not raising them anymore," he said. "you're trying to keep them alive."

and what hood r U frum???

Last edited:

SLICC RICC

Encapuchado
Jan 4, 2005
his parents and friends appeared in court friday wearing red. They said it wasn't to symbolize a gang — but for "the blood spilled."
simply because of this here, im like fuck jamiel shaw sr and his family and friends... That fuckin trash was straight up mocking espinoza by wearing red like that in the courtroom...

I almost spit in his fuckin face when i seen the dude at a swap meet on washington and 10th ave, and he couldnt answer my question as to why he isnt trying so hard to stop all gangs, instead of just latino gangs... This fuckin dude is a fuckin racist hypocrite... And for the media to keep saying his son wasnt in a gang, or involved with them, is just bullshit...

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
simply because of this here, im like fuck jamiel shaw sr and his family and friends... That fuckin trash was straight up mocking espinoza by wearing red like that in the courtroom...

I almost spit in his fuckin face when i seen the dude at a swap meet on washington and 10th ave, and he couldnt answer my question as to why he isnt trying so hard to stop all gangs, instead of just latino gangs... This fuckin dude is a fuckin racist hypocrite... And for the media to keep saying his son wasnt in a gang, or involved with them, is just bullshit...
cmon bro grow the fuck up...dude lost his child and ur sitting here mad talkin bout what color shirt his family wore to court...if you aint lost a child you cant speak on or even comprehend what this family is going threw...mocking espinoiza??? wow poor fella the nerve of the family trying to mock the person who killed their son....wow even if that was the case and they are just trying speak against latin gangs who gives a fuck...you cant tell a family how to grieve their son or how they should react to it

Mar 8, 2008

idk about the whole " mocking espinoza by wearing red " but why is he just trying to stop latino gangs and not street gangs in general?

Apr 16, 2003
google.com

Lmfao @ almost spit in his face. Either do it or shut the fuck up and don't talk about it.

Props: Sacsick

SLICC RICC

Encapuchado
Jan 4, 2005
idk about the whole " mocking espinoza by wearing red " but why is he just trying to stop latino gangs and not street gangs in general?
i havent the slightest clue... This dude is full of shit, tho, plain n simple...

lmfao @ almost spit in his face. Either do it or shut the fuck up and don't talk about it.
shut your bitch ass up, faggot... Soundin like the straight up bitch that you are...

Last edited:

SLICC RICC

Encapuchado
Jan 4, 2005
cmon bro grow the fuck up...dude lost his child and ur sitting here mad talkin bout what color shirt his family wore to court...if you aint lost a child you cant speak on or even comprehend what this family is going threw...mocking espinoiza??? wow poor fella the nerve of the family trying to mock the person who killed their son....wow even if that was the case and they are just trying speak against latin gangs who gives a fuck...you cant tell a family how to grieve their son or how they should react to it
I give a fuck, bro... thats why I said what the fuck I said... I havent lost a child, no, but Ive lost family and friends, so I know what the fuck theyre goin through... Ive never shown up to court, let alone shown up to court in gang attire tryin to prove a point... And no I cant tell a family how to grieve, but showin up to a courtroom wearing red and sayin youre son wasnt in gangs is just being hypocritical and showing no fuckin class...

Jul 25, 2007
I give a fuck, bro... thats why I said what the fuck I said... I havent lost a child, no, but Ive lost family and friends, so I know what the fuck theyre goin through... Ive never shown up to court, let alone shown up to court in gang attire tryin to prove a point... And no I cant tell a family how to grieve, but showin up to a courtroom wearing red and sayin youre son wasnt in gangs is just being hypocritical and showing no fuckin class...
In my opinion, there is a different level of emotion if you lost your SEED than losing an Uncle or someone you smoked a lot of weed with.

May 4, 2002
really tho, his mom is serving our country. his dad might be a POS (which could have lead to his gang, if thats even true) but losing a child is probably the worst thing that could ever happen to a parent. sometimes you have to think out side of the box. to say dude didnt kill him in cold blood is lying to yourself.

Last edited:
Props: S.SAVAGE

SLICC RICC

Encapuchado
Jan 4, 2005
in my opinion, there is a different level of emotion if you lost your seed than losing an uncle or someone you smoked a lot of weed with.
really tho, his mom is serving our country. His dad might be a pos (which could have lead to his gang, if thats even true) but losing a child is probably the worst thing that could ever happen to a parent. Sometimes you have to think out side of the box. To say dude didnt kill him in cold blood is lying to yourself.
you guys are absolutely right... I have no way to even fathom the pain caused by losing a child, thank goodness, and i pray i never do... And the dude did kill this kid in very cold blood, at a tragic young age.

But theres more to what the media is telling you... All they tell you is, he was a star running back, but why dont they ever mention how he had blood writing all over his possesions at home and school. 18 killa, n shit like that... Or how he hung wit b dogs, on the street, not at school!!!

I guess gang homicide is only acceptable to some when it comes out of a set of speakers... Im not sayin this is all right, but thats what this boiled down to, was a gang homicide... Much to the dismay of some of the victim's advocates on this forum...

ESCOBAR 92113

BARRIO LOGAN
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
i think that Slicc Riccs frustration might stem from knowing information that we will never know. The media is a powerful tool when used to ones advantage. Who knows what the real story is behind all this, all we know is a young kid is dead and another will rott away for the crime. this is a lose lose situation all the way around.

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
you guys are absolutely right... I have no way to even fathom the pain caused by losing a child, thank goodness, and i pray i never do... And the dude did kill this kid in very cold blood, at a tragic young age.

But theres more to what the media is telling you... All they tell you is, he was a star running back, but why dont they ever mention how he had blood writing all over his possesions at home and school. 18 killa, n shit like that... Or how he hung wit b dogs, on the street, not at school!!!

I guess gang homicide is only acceptable to some when it comes out of a set of speakers... Im not sayin this is all right, but thats what this boiled down to, was a gang homicide... Much to the dismay of some of the victim's advocates on this forum...
bro for me thats all beside the point...im not one of them people who think cuz ur in a gang "you had it coming" or deserved to die...yeah the media probably made it seem like dude was an angel(which they usually do the total opposite)...and they probably painted that picture to make mexican gangs look like their just out of control killing random black folks to stir up more drama....but at the end of they day dude shot and killed ol boy who had no weapon on him in cold blood and him and his family are the victims PERIOD!!!

And im a firm believer in "u live by the gun u die by the gun" which may be the case with this kid but I can still feel sympathy for his fams loss and I just dont get where ur anger for them comes from???

Props: S.SAVAGE