Kurt Warner.......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 23, 2009
Announced his retirement. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Carry on Siccness

http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2010/01/25/daily74.html

Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner announced his retirement Friday.

Warner ended a career that led the historically struggling Cards to playoff appearances for the past two seasons. He also led the St. Louis Rams to a Super Bowl victory in 2000.

Warner won two National Football League MVPs with the Rams and led the Cardinals to their first Super Bowl last season.

Warner, 38, suffered a concussion this season and had hip surgery after last season. The quarterback made the announcement at a press conference Friday at Cardinals headquarters in Tempe.

The retirement leaves the Cardinals with an uncertain future. Backup Matt Leinart will likely takeover quarterbacking duties from Warner, and the team faces decisions on other key players including wide receiver Anquan Boldin and defensive lineman Darnell Dockett.

The Cardinals posted winning records the past two years. Previously, the team only had one winning season (1998) since moving to Arizona in 1988.

The Cardinals hosted playoff games this and last season. Before that, the Cardinals had not hosted a home playoff game since 1947. The Bidwill family has owned the team since 1933.

The Cardinals playoff runs were led by Warner and wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald. That success has helped boost ticket sales and the team’s popularity after lacking success for decades.

Warner and Fitzgerald also became the face of the franchise spurring jersey and merchandise sales in a Phoenix sports market historically dominated by the Phoenix Suns and last decade the Arizona Diamondbacks.

The Cardinals did not comment on what kind of impact Warner’s retirement might have on ticket sales and demand. The team has sold out all its games since moving to University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale in 2006.

Pro sports teams are facing a challenging economic environment in light of the housing market collapse, credit crunch and curtailed consumer spending.

The Suns, Diamondbacks and Phoenix Coyotes are all currently running various ticket deals aimed at frugal fans. The Suns and Coyotes are also stepping up their social media efforts aimed at local fans.

Warner, who began his pro career as a quarterback in the Arena Football League, is expected to make the NFL Hall of Fame.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

Dude was a real good Quarterback...I hated him with the rams coz he always killed us and hated em with the Cardinals coz he almost always lit us up...but you can't deny the talent...being 40 and putting up the numbers he was...he was underrated for what he has accomplished in his career....

Oct 23, 2009
There's reasons why I don't like him (Rams, Cardinals) but other than that he was a good QB and has respect from everyone in the league. Can't really blame him for retiring since he has a family to look out after, even Steve Young had to learn to call it quits after several concussions.

Nov 15, 2007
lol oh well, not like kurt was ganna play forever... time to move on, but on the real i am worried as shit! only thing is ken whiz is a smash mouth type of coach and will push the running game alot this upcoming season especially with up and coming rising star beanie wells... i think we will be alright, it just hurts us for any free agents wanted to come here now cuzz they think we on the down fall... hopefully we can get a key player for AQ... im kind of pissed right now, oh well... we have a long off season ahead of us.......

you all knows its still GO CARDS ON MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!