Kansas City Rap

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 12, 2003
Im looking to buy some KC albums but dont know what hot out there. I already know about Freeway Rich & Tech N9ne but what else?
Ive heard of:
Dove Dawg
The Popper
R.E.S.
Court Dog
But I havent heard any of there music. What do yall recomend?

May 2, 2002
Check these out too

Young Fierce: Sinful Living with Righteous Intent
Hobo Tone: Hobolavirus
Veteran Click: The Day We Worldwide (its RARE, so good luck tryna find it)
Grant Rice: Empire
57th Street Rogue Dog Villians: Roguish Ways

Aug 18, 2002
I'd say any of Tech's shit, most of Rich the Factors, and most Rogue Dog otherwise I'd check out...

Incredible Zig - Golden Era (Being ReReleased)
Holopoint - Pointblank (with Hobotone)
Skatterman & Snug Brim - Urban Legendz (March 23)
Lejo - From The Mind of a Master (Rare)
Mr. Stinky's and Big Boy Levar's shit (probably older)
Vertigo - Vertigo (Droppin Soon)
FOHI - Smashin (Rare)
Trajik - 1ne of a Kynd (More Mainstream sound)
Approach - UltraProteus (Feel Good Hip-Hop and Funk)

and also that
Court Dog - Kansas City Chief (features Bizzy Bone)
Veteran Click - Veterans Day (Probably won't Find it)
Grant Rice - Empire Mixtape

and then I'd be on lookout for
Kutt Calhoun - BLEVE
Grant Rice - Smiles and Cries
Krizz Kalico - Funkra

Apr 24, 2003
Kansas City, MO
7 miles are the shit, they was my homboy's (r.i.p) peeps back in the day. used to have all there shit on tape, but you know how that goes. i havn't been able to find anything on cd. good lookin with that link...

Apr 25, 2002
SF
Mann dont wast your time buyin all that shit, just cut to the chase and get the essentials: The Popper and anythin from Veteran Click and you'll be set

Law

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.sickmix.com
krishna knows his shit.. whats up homie.. the popper and eskool are the two sickest MC's in kansas city period.. and id like to see em against anyone.. together they fuck shit up like eightball and mjg, they got the vibe.. there contrast is fucking filthy.. i wish eskool would drop a fucking classic.. fuck a album!

as my first treat for me being a mod i will add some mp3s, i got a song from the poppers next album called I DO.. snippet at www.flipyawig.com but i will post the whole thing and i will add a veteran click mp3 that was supposed to come out on a Veteran Click cd called HUSTLE SQUAD but has since be scrapped.. its called.. ALL WE DO.. and is off the critical mouthpeice vol 2 cd hustlamade bugzy dropped

Apr 25, 2002
SF
yea that I Do song is dope. but fasho you should post up some mp3s to let eryone know. I think you're the one that got me into their shit, first time I heard it I was like dammn

Aug 18, 2002
The Secret Weapon's in the house! It's the secret weapon again so listen up you men.....nah but VC's been tight...does E-Skool have any solo shit or what cuz I knew Dun-Deala (The Popper) put out a couple.