Just Heard The New Spice 1

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2002
its coo, nothin special, sounds like some typical westcoast shit. I think spice 1 lost his magic. Biggest problem is beats IMO. The track with 2-pac is nice...

Feb 12, 2003
Wait nothing form this album as well as his collabo with eiht, too much dissapointment over the years, black bossalini was his last "listenable" album, spice is still sick but prods are weak as fuck.

Feb 19, 2003
Just got through playing my copy...THE RIDAH won't set the world on fire, but it's solid. Only song that I could do without is "Pimp Pizzle" and that's mainly because there's only two verses and then the rest of the song is just a repetition of that damned hook (a third verse would have made it better, but with only two verses, the song seems incomplete). Otherwise, the rest of the songs are decent-to-dope, if not classic.

PEACE!

Apr 25, 2002
@ french playa If you think the BLACK BOSSALINI was SPICE 1's last listenable album then I understand now why the westcoast ain't cracking. Bubble gum rap must be yo cup of tea cause I AIN'T NEVER HEARD A WEAK SPICE 1 ALBUM. Them compilations don't count.

@ Snubnoze How has SPICE WEEZY lost his magic??? His lyrics ain't never changed. He has to be one of the most consistent rappers of all.

Nov 10, 2002
This thread is again proof that people use the word "classic" too loosely. How can anyone call an album like "Tha Ridah" _classic_? I mean seriously.. The beats, for the most, are WHACK and do NOT fit Spice 1. Not to mention most of the songs are corny as fuck. Not that I was disappointed, though. Wasn't expecting it to be good.

and Young Lou -- the fact that french playa deems black bossalini the "last listenable album" by Spice 1 doesn't say that he likes bubble gum rap. On the contrary, in my eyes it proves that he doesn't like effortless, half-assed albums made with the sole intent of reaching for mainstream recognition. Besides, he's being moderate. I'd go as far as to say that 1990-Sick is his last listenable album. Everything after that ranges from mediocre to garbage.

May 5, 2002
Young Lou said:
@ french playa If you think the BLACK BOSSALINI was SPICE 1's last listenable album then I understand now why the westcoast ain't cracking. Bubble gum rap must be yo cup of tea cause I AIN'T NEVER HEARD A WEAK SPICE 1 ALBUM. Them compilations don't count.

@ Snubnoze How has SPICE WEEZY lost his magic??? His lyrics ain't never changed. He has to be one of the most consistent rappers of all.
compare his first 3 albums to his new shit, that should be enough to understand what I'm talkin bout. Like I said, Spice 1 still a tight rapper, but he ain't makin classic material like he used to. It goes beyond the rapping, the beats and concepts and style are very important. I do think the snips I heard of the eiht & spice album show promise tho..

Sep 13, 2002
i thought imortalized and black bossalini were his 2 best albums. anything before these 2 werent listinable. they were boring these beats were on some wayyyyyyyyyyyy old school shit. and if your still looking for that go back to the early 90's and fuck off anything that got realesed from 97 on.

Nov 10, 2002
What the hell are you babbling about? You must not like good music.

"Immortalized" & "Black Bossalini" Spice 1's best albums? ... Ok.

"Spice 1", "187 He Wrote" & "Amerikkka's Nightmare" boring? ... Ok.

I mean to each his own but basically this invalidates your opinion of "Tha Ridah" or of anything related to bay area rap.

:cheeky:

Apr 17, 2003
SPICE 1- THE RIDAH

01. Work It
02. Cuthhroat Game
03. Still Here
04. Behind CLosed Doors
05. Banging' Music (Feat. Eastsidaz)
06. Reckless Eyeballin'
07. Nature To Ride
08. Kizz My Azz
09. Pimp Pizzle (Feat. Dru Down)