Just Clowin Makin A Beat Grimmie Wreck Style

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2006
Nice beat, sounds hard. Add a bassline to it.

How about whipping up a more WestCoast sounding beat though. Some piano, guitar riffs, bubblely synth bass, whiney funky lead synths, strings.

Apr 4, 2004
www.myspace.com
Nice beat, sounds hard. Add a bassline to it.

How about whipping up a more WestCoast sounding beat though. Some piano, guitar riffs, bubblely synth bass, whiney funky lead synths, strings.
lmao e-low u taken in requests now?? haha good shit that shit slap e-low.. i dunno what this dude is talkin about on a "MORE" west coast sounding beat.. he mustve forgot that u helped make and shape this dago sound with shit just like that there.. thats that dago shit right there..

Apr 26, 2006
lmao e-low u taken in requests now?? haha good shit that shit slap e-low.. i dunno what this dude is talkin about on a "MORE" west coast sounding beat.. he mustve forgot that u helped make and shape this dago sound with shit just like that there.. thats that dago shit right there..
What I meant by more WestCoast, is more of a G-Funk sound. Not neccessarily G-Funk, but more jazzy/funk based. I like his beat a lot, but it sounds too dramatic IMHO with the heavy organ and long sustained chords. The beat would sound more dirty south if it wasn't for those little stab synth hits. I understand though, people like more dramatic orchestra sounding beats these days. It's all good. I personally just miss the sound of the piano, guitar, basslines in beats. You don't even hear basslines anymore these days. Their replaced with pitched kicks.

Oct 5, 2004
Thanks dog.... I don't get time to hit the studio much anymore with all this TV shit but its still fun to make tracks....and again thanks mayne.....

Apr 26, 2006
lol @ BooBoo619 givin E-Low pointers. You still cool doe.
I'm not giving him pointers. LOL

I'm just wondering how the sound of WESTCOAST hiphop changed so dramatically. It just seems like peeps these days don't even want to attempt to go back to the sound of our roots. Our roots seem completely forgotten and that's what I don't like, such as people saying "G-Funk is dead," "that shit is old,"etc... There's just no sound that separates us from the rest anymore, it all sounds the SAME. Most WC beats back then had different characteristics in sound, different melodies n shit, different sounds, inwhich you could easily distinguish tracks or know a track instantly by the way it sounds. Now days it's like ehh, the same old organ sound with long sustained chords or same sawtooth synth lead. I'm just sick of it, I want to hear some real acoustic shit, piano, guitar, strings, basslines, just real shit with real musical qualities.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I'm not giving him pointers. LOL

I'm just wondering how the sound of WESTCOAST hiphop changed so dramatically. It just seems like peeps these days don't even want to attempt to go back to the sound of our roots. Our roots seem completely forgotten and that's what I don't like, such as people saying "G-Funk is dead," "that shit is old,"etc... There's just no sound that separates us from the rest anymore, it all sounds the SAME. Most WC beats back then had different characteristics in sound, different melodies n shit, different sounds, inwhich you could easily distinguish tracks or know a track instantly by the way it sounds. Now days it's like ehh, the same old organ sound with long sustained chords or same sawtooth synth lead. I'm just sick of it, I want to hear some real acoustic shit, piano, guitar, strings, basslines, just real shit with real musical qualities.
If we followed our roots our shit would sound electronic....ya know more like egyptian lover and rappers would sound like Rudy pardee ( L.A. dream Team.)
I know what you are trying to say but either you are not smart enough to be able to communicate your thoughts or you dont know what you are talking about. I think your pretty smart so that more or less leaves us with you do not know what you are talking about.....
What is a Westcoast beat? all the elements you mentioned are heard in numerous genres. So when your favorite group zapp was around did people label that G.Funk, or westcoast beats?... Westcoast is very diverse when it comes to beats. Sampling has been here since day 1....jazz type beats...all sorts. The problem isnt so much when people say we need to move on, it is us putting labels on shit. I mean Erik sermon sampled zapp..that wasnt labeled a G funk beat....Dre and quik are big on sampling even if they replay the parts or not, but most associate quick with that funk style..even though its beyond that....shit just make music, if you like funk..do the damn thang, if you like sampling do that...just be true to yourself.....no one should make any particular style beat...we would all live in one box.

Apr 5, 2003
If we followed our roots our shit would sound electronic....ya know more like egyptian lover and rappers would sound like Rudy pardee ( L.A. dream Team.)
I know what you are trying to say but either you are not smart enough to be able to communicate your thoughts or you dont know what you are talking about. I think your pretty smart so that more or less leaves us with you do not know what you are talking about.....
What is a Westcoast beat? all the elements you mentioned are heard in numerous genres. So when your favorite group zapp was around did people label that G.Funk, or westcoast beats?... Westcoast is very diverse when it comes to beats. Sampling has been here since day 1....jazz type beats...all sorts. The problem isnt so much when people say we need to move on, it is us putting labels on shit. I mean Erik sermon sampled zapp..that wasnt labeled a G funk beat....Dre and quik are big on sampling even if they replay the parts or not, but most associate quick with that funk style..even though its beyond that....shit just make music, if you like funk..do the damn thang, if you like sampling do that...just be true to yourself.....no one should make any particular style beat...we would all live in one box.

Message!!!!!

Apr 26, 2006
We already do live in a box. It's the same digital synth based shit over and over, all techno-trancey, pill poppin wierd shit. No soul at all, just wierd shit. If today's sound was introduced in 94, everyone now would think it's some gay shit. There was more variety back then to choose from. I could listen to WestCoast or EastCoast and it all had it's OWN sound which you could feel proud of if your from either region. Now it just seems like everything sounds the same, dick riding the South. But anyways, sound changes don't have anything to do with our mindsets or anything, what truely causes us to change so drastically is MONEY, business. If a snap/hyphy/crunk beat is what's popular, then everyone looking to get up in the game is going to use that same style and that's exactly what's happening now. Then I guess the more you keep hearing it, then you'll eventually just start liking, like many on this forum do. The 90's shit was just raw, they weren't really jocking anyone other than just looking up to REAL musicians of the Funk times, just chopping up samples and using REAL instruments and sounds to make music, much like a band does. That's why I'll rather just listen to reggae now.

Apr 4, 2004
www.myspace.com
We already do live in a box. It's the same digital synth based shit over and over, all techno-trancey, pill poppin wierd shit. No soul at all, just wierd shit. If today's sound was introduced in 94, everyone now would think it's some gay shit. There was more variety back then to choose from. I could listen to WestCoast or EastCoast and it all had it's OWN sound which you could feel proud of if your from either region. Now it just seems like everything sounds the same, dick riding the South. But anyways, sound changes don't have anything to do with our mindsets or anything, what truely causes us to change so drastically is MONEY, business. If a snap/hyphy/crunk beat is what's popular, then everyone looking to get up in the game is going to use that same style and that's exactly what's happening now. Then I guess the more you keep hearing it, then you'll eventually just start liking, like many on this forum do. The 90's shit was just raw, they weren't really jocking anyone other than just looking up to REAL musicians of the Funk times, just chopping up samples and using REAL instruments and sounds to make music, much like a band does. That's why I'll rather just listen to reggae.
to be real honest ur ideal of what west coast music is, was originated in places like ohio(zapp and roger), new jersey(p-funk), illinois(earth,wind,and fire), new york(cameo), etc... so to be really real about anything, the west coast sound of the 90's is really not frum the west coast.. and also to add on, in music industry terms nowadays when they label something g funk its to label the music as dated.. and to say something isnt real music, when u haven't been schooled in what real music is, shows what 50cal says on u not knowing what ur talkin about.. a lot of these southern producers that are big these days have degrees in music theory, so in all reality ur beliefs in music is uneducated and all in a matter of opinion.. i grew up the son of one of the top funk bands in san diego, i grew up in nightclubs, i know how to play instruments, i can sing, i know the structure of music.. im not tryna take anything frum ur taste in music, i like a lot of 90's west coast music, and i love some new funky ass shit via battlecat, dj quik, xl middleton, etc.. but they dont consider themselves g funk, i guarantee u that.. just know that u've grown into the old man stage thats stuck in an era, like our uncles and grandfathers who thought rap itself was a trend.. u may not see whats so musical in beats nowadays, but believe me when u learn the theory of music, u'll gain a whole new appreciation for whats been made nowadays.. im not saying everything out now is hot and musical either, im just saying that u cant say what real music is, if u dont have the education,background, or history to speak on so..