Just Clowin Makin A Beat Grimmie Wreck Style

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2006
to be real honest ur ideal of what west coast music is, was originated in places like ohio(zapp and roger), new jersey(p-funk), illinois(earth,wind,and fire), new york(cameo), etc... so to be really real about anything, the west coast sound of the 90's is really not frum the west coast.. and also to add on, in music industry terms nowadays when they label something g funk its to label the music as dated.. and to say something isnt real music, when u haven't been schooled in what real music is, shows what 50cal says on u not knowing what ur talkin about.. a lot of these southern producers that are big these days have degrees in music theory, so in all reality ur beliefs in music is uneducated and all in a matter of opinion.. i grew up the son of one of the top funk bands in san diego, i grew up in nightclubs, i know how to play instruments, i can sing, i know the structure of music.. im not tryna take anything frum ur taste in music, i like a lot of 90's west coast music, and i love some new funky ass shit via battlecat, dj quik, xl middleton, etc.. but they dont consider themselves g funk, i guarantee u that.. just know that u've grown into the old man stage thats stuck in an era, like our uncles and grandfathers who thought rap itself was a trend.. u may not see whats so musical in beats nowadays, but believe me when u learn the theory of music, u'll gain a whole new appreciation for whats been made nowadays.. im not saying everything out now is hot and musical either, im just saying that u cant say what real music is, if u dont have the education,background, or history to speak on so..
I understand, but when I say "G-Funk," I'm just using it as an example. I could have said "Bay Area Mobb Funk." So I'm just using it as an example. I'm not trying to say that all WestCoast should sound "G-Funk" or Mobb, just saying it would be nice to hear those musical elements in todays rap (piano, guitar, basslines, strings,etc...), especially WC rap. Basically the theory ain't the same now, it's on another vibe which I personally don't care for. So it's probably theory that I should be arguing about, not neccessarily genres, if that makes what I'm saying any more understandable. Most of it is too loud and dramatic sounding for my personal taste, I wouldn't bump most shit that sounds like e-low's beat. Don't get me wrong, I like the way it sounds (heck, I even make beats that sound dramatic like that sometimes because their enjoyable to make), I think it sounds great for what it is, but like I said, it's too dramatic for my personal taste and most of the new shit is just like that. I can't stand to hear rappers rap to these beats. I don't want to drive around and it sounds like I have a fucking orchestra playing in my car. lol It's just a totally different vibe now, that I just ain't feeling for the most part. I personally have the most problem with basslines being absent from beats. Basslines is what drove shit in the 90's, now days, you hardly hear them. I don't know, I just like to hear good music, it helps me pay attention to the rapper. If the music itself sounds cheesy, I can give a fuck what he has to say, they have to go together and be on the same vibe. You can really feel it with reggae and I used to be able to with rap back then.

Apr 4, 2004
www.myspace.com
I understand, but when I say "G-Funk," I'm just using it as an example. I could have said "Bay Area Mobb Funk." So I'm just using it as an example. I'm not trying to say that all WestCoast should sound "G-Funk" or Mobb, just saying it would be nice to hear those musical elements in todays rap (piano, guitar, basslines, strings,etc...), especially WC rap. Basically the theory ain't the same now, it's on another vibe which I personally don't care for. So it's probably theory that I should be arguing about, not neccessarily genres, if that makes what I'm saying any more understandable. Most of it is too loud and dramatic sounding for my personal taste, I wouldn't bump most shit that sounds like e-low's beat. Don't get me wrong, I like the way it sounds (heck, I even make beats that sound dramatic like that sometimes because their enjoyable to make), I think it sounds great for what it is, but like I said, it's too dramatic for my personal taste and most of the new shit is just like that. I can't stand to hear rappers rap to these beats. I don't want to drive around and it sounds like I have a fucking orchestra playing in my car. lol It's just a totally different vibe now, that I just ain't feeling for the most part. I personally have the most problem with basslines being absent from beats. Basslines is what drove shit in the 90's, now days, you hardly hear them. I don't know, I just like to hear good music, it helps me pay attention to the rapper. If the music itself sounds cheesy, I can give a fuck what he has to say, they have to go together and be on the same vibe.
church preach gospel, i can feel what ur sayin homie.. its more understandable comin as an opinion rather than sayin what isn't real music.. i cant argue a man's opinion..

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
^^^ now I can understand that more.I think sometimes you make generalized statements. It all has to do with taste..however when you spoke everything sounds digital..hmm hmm (clears throat..takes a swig of henny..Im lying its just coke) well you utilize all that digital stuff in your recordings with your computer and fruity loops..haha. i aint gonna lie I miss them days back then when I was running through dago like loose cannon like young sau..but that was the late 80's and most yall if you was born was in elementary school....Ive learned to accept that everything has a period of time, the 90's are over....shit I dont even drink no more...people I hung out with would not believe it...we all age ..its time to pass the torch to the younger generation and let them do them, doesnt mean we cant do us.....
Hey BooBoo...do you have nate dogg G funk Classics vol 1 & 2 ? Its a double disc c.d I was tellin Young Sau last week...I had listened to it and it brought back those memories...and i said damn if boo boo heard this he would bust like 3 nuts before he gets through the c.d...hahaha it is nice.

Nov 26, 2007
www.myspace.com
that was alotta readin^^^lol but i think a variety of music is good, no matter how much our sound changes or gets "newer" i still think we have some of the best shit out
oh and i wanna hear a remix to regular niggn by elow, i wonder how the song would sound if it was made now adays

Oct 21, 2003
beat is sick e-low!!!!

I don't get time to hit the studio much anymore with all this TV shit but its still fun to make tracks...
its a shame that one of the best producers in the game doesnt have time to hit the studio.
rap game aint shit without E-Low beats!!!!

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
freaks let me ask you a serious question tho

why you gotta know someone like that? just holler at people.

half the people you say you dont know like that will fuck with you because its all SD music and we need to unify all styles.

and if someones on your album thats more visibility for them, as well as you.

whats the worse that can happen, they say no?

or do you want to work with people you only know.? if so i understand

Oct 5, 2004
well, because - 1/2 of it is....i personally know that when 99% of the people that have ever hit me up to do some shit... i get annoyed, especially if they call the pad.

i just dont wanna come off like that to someone else... y'know?

the other 1/2 is.... it seems like, when i fuck with someone, if they have any type of affiliation, i - for some reason - get pulled into the shit like im the one banging.

i was working with this dude named KOSBE who was flammed up on his songs.... i jump on a song... now all these crip dudes i used to get along with looking at me funny.

i was down with bayloc... did some songs with him where he's whistling & shit.... all these blood dudes i used to get along with is looking at me funny.

thats why, if u notice, the artists i work with are either neutral or are seen as more known rappers.....

i dont know the deal about E-LOW just yet, & in a small ass city like SD... i personally know that shit catches back up to you, y'dig?
Whats up freaks??
Just so you no I DON'T BANG ANYTHING but makin money. And I fuck with anybody payin crip-blood-spanish-german I dont give a fuck! who or what you are . I treat everybody the same with respect and good bizzness.... Pluss, you shouldn't give a fuck about what anybody thinks when it comes to your money bizzness. Call me anytime 619-991-0746

Dec 24, 2003
thanx for the german

sittin over here waitin for more of your beatz, diggin every new take of gwtv
We gonna have to start a colony over in Germany..."New San Diego".

The homies in Germany/Europe be on it. What Up to Dirdee & HotSauce and everybody over there supportin Dago Music.