Jury duty question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 3, 2005
Im summoned to appear in court in oakland next month. But i don't even live in that county, am i eligible for exemption because of that? I live in san francisco, and i thought it was odd that i got a notice to appear in oakland.

Sep 29, 2003
I had 2 jury duty notices within 6 months of each other. Apparently it's pretty rare. Both times I mailed the notices back and just wrote on there that I was going to be busy/out of town on the date I was summoned. Within a week of mailing them back I received another notice saying I was exempt and didn't hafta attend......worked both times. I think people are just selected at random and if you tell them you're busy, they just send out another notice to the next random schmuck...

Feb 15, 2006
When I lived in Richmond I got summoned to go to Martinez so I called and they had me go to 511.org and print out something that showed that it would take longer than some certain amount of time and send it in. I know people who just ignore em and it seems cool but I've always dealt with it, don't wanna get pulled over and have a warrant over some bullshit like that.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
ive been summoned 3-4 times and got out of it every time. mostly due the fact that i no longer resided there.

my dad, who is a religious upstanding guy ignored his last one & nothing happened

Dec 9, 2005
I've ignored it twice. Nothing happened, but from what I hear this isn't a good idea, because in the event that you are actually needed, and you aren't there: bench warrant for yo ass.