Junior Seau dead

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
oh but changing the nfl rules is "pussifying the league" turning it into "Flag football"

no one wants to think about what happens to all the gladiators when they grow old and face the injuries theyve hidden their whole career

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
there was a falcons player who shot himself in the chest and left a note and they checked his brain and from all the hits i guess he was living a fucked up life and was in alot of pain and very depressed and this was like a week ago. if you play football along time and get hit alot in the head your gonna have alot of problems later on.

RIP 55
That was Dave Duerson from the Bears

Mar 16, 2005
oh but changing the nfl rules is "pussifying the league" turning it into "Flag football"

no one wants to think about what happens to all the gladiators when they grow old and face the injuries theyve hidden their whole career
I agree with the general premise of your post, but at the same time thats why they get paid insane amounts of money. They arent forced to play football, they get good pay to play football, think of it as hazard pay. if they made the same as you and I do then I would 100000% agree but only they put themselves in this position. That being said I am sure with more and more of this happening the game will be completely different in less than 10 years.

Mar 16, 2005
The helmet in football has become a weapon.....

people started to lead with the head. Go back to leathers helmets without face masks and let the boys play.
dont forget cement covered in green carpet being substituted as "playing field" in lots of places, and then add coaches like gregg williams who not only teach and promote violent hits to the head they reward it......we all know he isnt the only one there are hundreds of coaches from pee-wee on up who do it.

Oct 19, 2004
SOUTHEAST DAGO
RIP. Sounds like he was one of those where he was too strong for his own good in that he needed help, but didn't reach out to anyone. It's a trip how many of these players are all fucked up. I chill with John Taylor all the time and I guess he's one of the few normal ones because that motherfucker is so chill you'd never imagine he was a football player we toss back brews and shit.

i think you hit the nail on the head homie when you say that he was probably strong for his own good to reach out for any help..good call....as for people saying they dont respect for thaking that way out....thats true but who knows what the NFL banging and physical nature of the game did to him..with all the brand new reports about the long lasting damages from concussions to NFL players..coulda been a huge factor cause Junior played at a very high level..that dude was a beast ready to bang it out on the field..at the end of the day though its a loss for the nfl and a bigger loss here in SD...Prayers go out to his Fam in O'side

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
94 chargers team had to be cursed, get destroyed by the niners and have 8 of them already dead

Six months ago we noted that linebacker Lew Bush had died of an apparent heart attack, only six days after his 42nd birthday, making him, at the time, the seventh member of that team to die. Defensive lineman Shawn Lee died last year of a heart attack at 44. Defensive lineman Chris Mims died in 2008 of complications from having an enlarged heart at age 38. Offensive lineman Curtis Whitley died in 2008 of a drug overdose at age 39. Linebacker Doug Miller died in 1998 after he was struck by lightning, at age 28. Running back Rodney Culver died in 1996 in the crash of ValuJet Flight 592, at age 26. Linebacker David Griggs died in 1995 in a car accident at age 28.

(struck by lightning? airplane crash? wtf)
WTF? Damn.... Yeah that team is cursed or something...

Feb 12, 2004
I know this might be a reach, but anyone think he shot himself in the chest so that his brain could still be studied? Just a thought. A lot of the info coming out now makes it seem like Junior Seau couldn't deal with the fact that playing football in the NFL was no longer a part of his life.

Oct 19, 2004
SOUTHEAST DAGO
I know this might be a reach, but anyone think he shot himself in the chest so that his brain could still be studied? Just a thought. A lot of the info coming out now makes it seem like Junior Seau couldn't deal with the fact that playing football in the NFL was no longer a part of his life.

i forget which NFL player did this but he too shot himself in the chest so that he could give his brain to the nfl or something like that.....that did come up in discussions here in SD in the media.....

Oct 26, 2006
WWW.DAGOSD.COM
I miss you Junior, your loss will be felt greatly amongst us your true people. I wanna thank you for all the community work you put in to our city. You were more than a football player, you were a REAL HERO! I was one of the inner city kids back in the 90's that recieved clothes and school supplies from your foundation. It really did help out when my momma was struggling to raise us on her own.
Thank you Junior... I love you.
Blessings and prayers to the Seau Family.

Forever your fan and SD Fam,
Crhymes

>> www.twitpic.com/9ghhwd <<

R.I.P. Junior Seau

May 20, 2006
RIP. Sounds like he was one of those where he was too strong for his own good in that he needed help, but didn't reach out to anyone. It's a trip how many of these players are all fucked up.

It takes a strong person to realize he needs help, and ask for it......

Suicide is for the weak and selfish....

Now his kids gotta live with "My hall-of-fame professional football player dad pussied out at the end"

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
shoot in the chest so he could also have a open casket..... samoan funerals are super important to them....