Junior Seau dead

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 20, 2005
Just a quick note.....mental health issues are real and a serious problems. I suffer from mental health issues. The demons in my head will not leave me alone. On the surface it seems like a selfish act. But we don't know what pain he was living with
thats true but im sure he had the resources to get some help. unless he was goin broke or some shit. he was rich! i think. 3 kids, a mother who is alive, and im sure he had countless relatives cuz them samoan families are super deep. damn near every samoan i know is related to the Rock or Rikishi or even Seau. but then again we all dont suffer the same pain as anybody who ever committed suicide. good post tho man.

Dec 4, 2011
i dont know if you guys got kids but i cant even think bout out living my kids....when you see his mom like that and all he had going for him it makes you kinda mad but we dont know what he was going through. like wiley said seau didnt like to show his team mates he was hurt and im sure he was hurting and he didnt want to or know how to ask for help. seau had alot to live for but he was going through some shit with CTE.

for the people that dont know what CTE is...
Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) is a progressive degenerative disease of the brain found in athletes (and others) with a history of repetitive brain trauma, including symptomatic concussions as well as asymptomatic subconcussive hits to the head. CTE has been known to affect boxers since the 1920s. However, recent reports have been published of neuropathologically confirmed CTE in retired professional football players and other athletes who have a history of repetitive brain trauma. This trauma triggers progressive degeneration of the brain tissue, including the build-up of an abnormal protein called tau. These changes in the brain can begin months, years, or even decades after the last brain trauma or end of active athletic involvement. The brain degeneration is associated with memory loss, confusion, impaired judgment, impulse control problems, aggression, depression, and, eventually, progressive dementia.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Just a quick note.....mental health issues are real and a serious problems. I suffer from mental health issues. The demons in my head will not leave me alone. On the surface it seems like a selfish act. But we don't know what pain he was living with
completely agree

Suicidal is "weak" and "selfish" if you are someone that hurts people or kills people and then off's yourself to prevent what's coming to you....

But if you commit suicide through personal struggles with depression or other mental issues.....how is that weak and selfish?

I know someone who is very close to me and they suffer from MINOR depression. I don't believe (or I hope) it will never get serious....but let me tell you that shit os horrible. It doesn't matter what good or great things happen to them or for them, they are not happy.....

Mental issues are as serious as any physical issue.

so calling someone with mental issues weak or selfish for not seeking help, is the same as calling someone who is paralyzed weak and selfish because they can't walk.....

believe me they want to get better......but sometimes they just can't.

Oct 19, 2004
SOUTHEAST DAGO
theres always mixed feelings when somebody takes there own life..unless you had somebody close to you commit suicide then you dont have a good grasp of it..me personally i had a homie that did..jumped off the coronado bridge..rip man to my homeboy Ryan Santos...you always think was life that hard for your homie to take his life.....when its all said in done all you can do is remember the postive things from that person and what he did good the short time he was here....i think thats the standpoint that all the SD natives here are at with Junior

ESCOBAR 92113

BARRIO LOGAN
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
thats true but im sure he had the resources to get some help. unless he was goin broke or some shit. he was rich! i think. 3 kids, a mother who is alive, and im sure he had countless relatives cuz them samoan families are super deep. damn near every samoan i know is related to the Rock or Rikishi or even Seau. but then again we all dont suffer the same pain as anybody who ever committed suicide. good post tho man.
all the money in the world doesnt mean shit....you can have all the family support you want. when youre not in the right mind frame, that shit is the last thing that comes to mind. For example me, i dont take my medication. i dont want to become reliant on it. medication makes me gain weight and gives me side effects. but i also know what the consequences are.......also, my son means everything to me. ill do and have done anything in my power to let him know that im going to always be by his side...however, when im going through one of my psycho episodes, its hard to stop me from doing stupid shit

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Seau family sues NFL

On the heels of the disclosure that linebacker Junior Seau suffered from Chronic Traumatic Encephelopathy when he committed suicide in May 2012, Seau’s family is now suing the NFL for wrongful death.

The suit was filed Wednesday in California Superior Court.

The NFL likely will move swiftly to shift the case to federal court and then to consolidate it with the thousands of claims pending in federal court in Philadelphia. The league’s threshold argument will be, as it has been in every concussion case, that any remedies for failure to warn players about the risks of concussions or to protect them from concussions must be pursued under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

The claim also could have a problem under the statute of limitations. While scientific examination of his brain tissue only recently revealed the existence of CTE, the NFL likely will argue that Seau knew or should have known that he had legal rights that were potentially violated by the NFL more than two years before the date of the filing of the lawsuit.

While the concussion lawsuits draw headlines and drive web traffic, it’s important to remember that these cases are not slam dunks. Even if a jury ever is in position to assess whether the league failed to do enough to warn or protect players from concussions, there will be jurors who are inclined to believe that the players would have done nothing differently even if they had been warned.