Jin Quits

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2005
Rapper Jin has revealed that he is throwing the towel in on his rap career and is putting his job as an emcee on hold, while he explores other options.

The fate of the rapper’s record deal was the subject of rumors over the past month and while the label never officially dropped the rapper there was no need, as he announced today that he is calling it quits.

“No more studio for me,” Jin said. “Them 2F2F (The “Too Fast, Too Furious” movie which Jin had a major role) checks weren't too bad and going to movie premieres was pretty fun. Maybe I should seriously devote myself to an acting career. The opportunities are definitely there.”

Jin hit big with the novelty song “Learn Chinese” in 2003, but Ruff Ryders failed to capitalize on the single’s success. After several delays, his debut The Rest is History finally saw the light of day, but suffered due to lack of promotion, despite production from Swizz Beats and appearances from Kanye West, Wyclef and double R crew member Styles P.

“Maybe what needs to be focused on is what I have accomplished (which in my heart is a whole lot and I'm damn proud of that) with my time as opposed to what I haven't accomplished yet," Jin stated. "For what it's worth, I know that the 100,000 (give or take, since some of you went and bought like 5 copies) of ya'll that went out and bought T.R.I.H. did it solely because you were supporters of me and my music…and not because the radio or TV brainwashed you into thinking I'm the hottest sh*t out there, being that I was barely on either one.”

Jin signed a deal with Ruff Ryders Records, after consecutively winning BET’s popular Freestyle Friday competitions on the countdown show 106 & Park.

The rapper recently released a song explaining his decision titled “I Quit.”

The chink was Garbage any fucking ways
Lesbaci il gioco arrivedercis :dead:

Apr 26, 2004
his album was a flop, ruff ryders probably fired him.

italian, you a faggit for making a thread about then this then throwing in the racist remarks. i wish i was a pimp so i can smack the shit outta you. but then again, this is the internet.

Aug 20, 2004
He was a tight battle MC....but that "Learn Chinese" was fuckin gay....and quittin at his age is retarded...he needs to really do somethin with himself musci wise cus the boy got talent...

Feb 8, 2003
Gringo Starr said:
He was a tight battle MC....but that "Learn Chinese" was fuckin gay....and quittin at his age is retarded...he needs to really do somethin with himself musci wise cus the boy got talent...
I agree he should signed with a different label. Because Ruff Ryders has been wack ever since DMX & Eve left

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=4412

link to story & song I quit.

He no doubt is a very talented artist, but freestyling and writing songs are very different. He should just keep workin'....kick some tight features for other artists and tour overseas. he definately opened a lot of doors for asian hip hop artists...but in the U.S. isn't ready for that yet...I'm sure he can do better overseas than here...in america people are more concerned with the look and not the talent, where as overseas they have a much deeper respect for the culture of hip hop and stray from mainstream artists.

at the end of the day you have to do you..and if you aren't happy..your art will suffer. It's better to quit then to put out half hearted music...you can always return.

I wish him the best...no matter what avenue he choses to take.

Apr 5, 2005
Jin wasn't a bad rapper. He had one song that was dope on his album. His album was actually better than most. At least he had the opportunity to shine. I wish him the best of luck. I agree that he should sign with another record label, the RR label has taken a few steps back from success. If he wants to become an actor so be it- he'll definitely get a really nice check. He can only grow as a person.

Feb 27, 2005
Lil Pino said:
kinda hypocritical spittin that racist shit when you got Mary in your sig
:hurt:

I agree Italian-Pride+the photo of Mary+uncorrect words=weird feeling...

Jin quits?That's Ok for me...i only know his hots freestyles and battles plus I heard that "Learn chinese" was not so good so...i say him good luck for
his future in the movie industry.

Apr 1, 2002
Italian-Pride said:
sorry didnt mean to offend any one
Well you certainly fuckin' did idiot, now take that name and change it to ignorant Italian Idiot. And take off the sigs, your a disgrace. And if you're so fucking sorry why do you still have the statement in your post? EDIT ---> DELETE statement...But don't say your fucking sorry when you are not you piece of shit, to translate that statement in Italian makes it even worse. You are one scum fuck and need to be sodomized with a bat with nails coming out of it.

I thank all those that spoke on the racism shit, I, being Asian appreciate y'all w/the utmost respect for speaking up. Before, it was "ok" to say chink on this board, I spoke against that shit and any other racist term for years and it's good to see a change.

Ending Racism - IF YOU ARE NOT A PART OF THE SOLUTION, YOU ARE A PART OF THE FUCKING PROBLEM. Remember that. Apathy is for the ignorant.

As for Jin, his album was terrible but he's a good mc and battle rapper. Songs on his album was weak tho.

III MAK said:
battle rappers have no place in the industry
Tell that to the multi-platinum selling artist Eminem. Tell that to the successful indepedent artist they call Locksmith. ETC.

Status
Not open for further replies.