Jerry Porter isn't the happiest camper

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

nofx

Sicc OG
Apr 14, 2005
Sources close to the Raiders indicate that WR Jerry Porter isn't the happiest camper with the way new head coach Art Shell has pushed for more discipline. Sources cite the sometimes tenuous relationship Porter had with Jon Gruden, who, like Shell, was more heavy-handed than Bill Callahan or Norv Turner. The Raiders have dangled Porter as trade bait in the past, so it wouldn't come as a complete surprise for Oakland to shop him if things don't go well early on.

nofx

Sicc OG
Apr 14, 2005
The Raiders would love to add a running back for depth behind LaMont Jordan and may look to the early round of training-camp cuts for just such a candidate. Justin Fargas, No. 2 on the depth chart, is considered little more than a special-teams guy, and part-time FB Zack Crockett, while reliable in the past, is not someone you want to hand your offense over to.

• Word out of Oakland is that the development of rookie LBs Thomas Howard and Darnell Bing could ultimately determine how many three- or four-LB looks the Raiders use this season. The Raiders are believed to be at least mildly interested in the services of Junior Seau because they'd like to add a veteran presence defensively.

Mar 16, 2005
Breaking news Jerry Porter not happy.....

welcome to 2005...errrr 2006. Hell this is very old news man!

And getting Junior...wow, why would they even think of doing that? He is name only...oh wait Sapp, never Mind I retract my statement about why they would want them.

Jun 1, 2002
WARREN SAPP STILL HAS SOME GAS... HIS STATS BEFORE HE GOT INJURED LAST SEASON ILLUSTRATE THIS.. THIS SEASON WILL PROVE IT.

AND WE GOT SOME SERIOUS DEPTH AT WIDEOUT.. MOSS.. GABRIEL.. CURRY.. WHITTED AND FRANICIS..

NOT THAT PORTER AINT A SOLID WIDEOUT BUT HE MAKES GREAT TRADEBAIT FOR A SOLID DEFENSIVE PLAYER..

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
9erfitted said:
maurice hicks for jerry porter yadadamean

I could actually see that happening, i would prefer it to be

Kevan Barlow for Jerry Porter ..........BUT...........

Mike Nolan doesnt BS either so thats not a possibility

Mar 16, 2005
Solitary 1 said:
WARREN SAPP STILL HAS SOME GAS... HIS STATS BEFORE HE GOT INJURED LAST SEASON ILLUSTRATE THIS.. THIS SEASON WILL PROVE IT.

AND WE GOT SOME SERIOUS DEPTH AT WIDEOUT.. MOSS.. GABRIEL.. CURRY.. WHITTED AND FRANICIS..

NOT THAT PORTER AINT A SOLID WIDEOUT BUT HE MAKES GREAT TRADEBAIT FOR A SOLID DEFENSIVE PLAYER..

If you get a good player in return it woule be worth it, but trading Porter will be like the Broncos trying to trade Ashlie Lelie right now....get nothing in return!

Now if the Raiders want to trade Porter for Asslie I would be more than down for that!

Your wr core is way better off with Porter at #2 than anyone else. Gabriel & Curry will not demand double coverage in situations where Porter will. Not too mention if Porter leaves there goes moss's season as well.

Mar 16, 2005
Chree said:
I could actually see that happening, i would prefer it to be

Kevan Barlow for Jerry Porter ..........BUT...........

Mike Nolan doesnt BS either so thats not a possibility

Don't even say Barlow, talk out here is trading Asslie for Barlow....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LOL

Asslie is pretty useless right now but Barlow?? We could pencil him in as our #4 back...haha

Mar 16, 2005
Chree said:
^ yeah i heard the same thing lol, shanahan has a hugeeeeee boner for barlow.....

Yep all they keep saying out here is how Shanny wanted him in the draft, thought he was the best rb in draft, etc.... That was years ago and he hasn't did shit!

NOOOOOOO

In his defense he probably could be a decent back-up here, but I don't want to see it proved.