Jay-z to retire...yall happy or sad?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
to be honest i really dont care, he's had a few cuts i enjoyed, but overall i wasnt diggin his music...i only picked up one of his albums, which i thought was average...i tend to find his style very annoying and im definitely not feelin tha direction he's goin with tha neptunes...best of luck to him and these other retireries

but im sure he'll be bak, so whatever

A

All Out HOGG

I don't realy care either...I mean i never realy felt him but he was doing his thing...so it makes no diffrence & like d-sane said...it means more money for smaller lables

Sicc OG
May 14, 2002
www.vvsent.com
I REALLY DONT GIVE A SHIT.....
BUT IN REALITY EVERY RICH RAPPER WHO DONT NEED TO RAP ,JUST DUZ CUZ THEY CAN,SAYA THEY GONNA RETIRE,BUT WHEN SOMEONE OFFER EM A BIG LUMP SUM,THEY JUMP UP REAL QUICK AND BOOM!THEY OUTTA RETIREMENT....

I PREDICT IF HE DUZ RETIRE,IT WONT BE FOR GOOD..

151 said:
I REALLY DONT GIVE A SHIT.....
BUT IN REALITY EVERY RICH RAPPER WHO DONT NEED TO RAP ,JUST DUZ CUZ THEY CAN,SAYA THEY GONNA RETIRE,BUT WHEN SOMEONE OFFER EM A BIG LUMP SUM,THEY JUMP UP REAL QUICK AND BOOM!THEY OUTTA RETIREMENT....

I PREDICT IF HE DUZ RETIRE,IT WONT BE FOR GOOD..

BUCK50! YOU TOOK YHE WORDS RIGHT OUT MY
MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
damon dash was the hustler. jay-z wouldn't be nothing more than a dealer on the corner if it wasen't for damon dash. i got mad respect for damon. jay-z rushes his material, I expect to hear a perfect flow when I buy a commercial album... so i've never really liked his music because in quite a few of his songs he screws up. the only time he isn't screwing up is on singles. that's so laaaaaaame if you ask me. so I don't really care that he's gone. biggie is still the dopest, despite jay-z's effort.

Apr 25, 2002
mo-x said:
damon dash was the hustler. jay-z wouldn't be nothing more than a dealer on the corner if it wasen't for damon dash. i got mad respect for damon. jay-z rushes his material, I expect to hear a perfect flow when I buy a commercial album... so i've never really liked his music because in quite a few of his songs he screws up. the only time he isn't screwing up is on singles. that's so laaaaaaame if you ask me. so I don't really care that he's gone. biggie is still the dopest, despite jay-z's effort.
I agree, sounds like you've seen Jay-Z Driven. Honestly I think he has only dropped 3 tight albums, the rest have been medicore and just been aimed strictly for commercial success. Go back and listen to his early shit thats when Jay really put it down, when he was rapping with Big L it was some whole other shit. It goes to show you what living in a big pile of money will do to you...

Apr 25, 2002
Jay-Z is gonna quit while he's on top. That's never a bad move. He's stacked so much cheese from selling millions & millions of albums as a solo artist, being a Rocafella executive, Roca Wear clothing, etc.... His success is undeniable. Cat only makes albums because he can, just like 151 said.

Rap will take a loss when he retires because of all the knowledge he has on winnin' in the rap game. It's too bad that cats let jealousy and envy control them. About 99% of these struggling rappers could learn a world of hustle from Jay-Z but they're too concerned with hating on the cat.

Apr 25, 2002
i think resonable doubt has some knocks on it...

besides that i aint feelin the majority of jayz shit...

but like most yall said most likely he'll be back...

May 6, 2002
mp3.com
heres my two cents..

1Reasonable Doubt-Classic
2Vol 1 In my lifetime-Weak
3Vol 2 Hard knock Life-Tight
4Vol 3 Life and Times of Sean Carter-Tight
5Dynasty-Tight
6Blueprint-Classic
7Best of Both worlds-Weak
8Blueprint 2-Very Average
9Unplugged-Average

Sooo, 9 albums, 2 Classics, 2 Weak, 3 Tight, and 2 Average...

Id say its save to say hes had his high points (Big Pimpin, Can I get a? ) and definately his low points (Me and my girlfriend)...

Overall I think hes gonna go down as a solid contributor to the rap game who in MY opinion COULD have been titled "the greatest" if he rode the success of the original blueprint, buttttt the new blueprint cd was not even close to the original, so he wont be......Pac is still King....

one love

ME